Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Cancelled reservations still show as upcoming

Old Jun 6, 17, 2:06 am
Original Poster

This is just a picky little thing, but I find it so annoying that on the Choice website the cancelled reservations still show up under upcoming stays with all of the active reservations. I've got about four cancelled reservations mixed in with my active upcoming reservations right now.

Usually, like on IHG, they will fall to another section for cancelled reservations. Does this bug anyone else or am I being too picky?
Old Jun 14, 17, 2:01 am

Programs: Choice, Marriott, Hilton, Wyndham, Delta, American, Jet Blue, SWA
I agree. (You're not being "picky", IMO.)

There is no real purpose in having one's already cancelled future reservations alongside to one's confirmed future reservations. It only leads to confusion especially since there is no clear-to-the-eye or at-a-glance graphic differentiation except under the Status category the words Confirmed or Cancelled. Those two words look quite similar at first glance.

If Choice insists on maintaining the cancellations on the respective account, they need to create two subsets 1) Confirmations (active) and 2) Cancellations (for future dates) or, to create a single list where it is clear graphically of which is which.

Also, I believe that they should list the reservations in a form that includes the day of the week, i.e. Sun 6/18/2017 - with a three letter day Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, etc. I bet that folks have made a lot of reservation mistakes because the day of the week is not included in this short form of the reservation list.

Last edited by DCABarry; Jun 14, 17 at 2:09 am
Old Jun 14, 17, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DCABarry View Post
I agree. (You're not being "picky", IMO.)

There is no real purpose in having one's already cancelled future reservations alongside to one's confirmed future reservations. It only leads to confusion especially since there is no clear-to-the-eye or at-a-glance graphic differentiation except under the Status category the words Confirmed or Cancelled. Those two words look quite similar at first glance.

If Choice insists on maintaining the cancellations on the respective account, they need to create two subsets 1) Confirmations (active) and 2) Cancellations (for future dates) or, to create a single list where it is clear graphically of which is which.

Also, I believe that they should list the reservations in a form that includes the day of the week, i.e. Sun 6/18/2017 - with a three letter day Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, etc. I bet that folks have made a lot of reservation mistakes because the day of the week is not included in this short form of the reservation list.
It can be confusing, I actually had three different reservations for the same dates in Oslo (three different hotels). Two are cancelled and one is current, they are all listed right together and all for Oslo.

Search this Thread