Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Choice Privileges Elite Members to receive gift at check-in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choice Privileges Elite Members to receive gift at check-in

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:26 am
Company Representative, Choice Hotels
Original Poster

Sincerest Apologies!

Originally Posted by MarkB22
I have been a Diamond member for several years and CP lost me in their main system about eight months ago so their properties can't see my status. Eight phone calls and two emails later and still no success with getting it corrected, so good luck with that.
My sincerest apologies that you are still experiencing this issue. I see that you private messaged the Choice Hotels account a while back and the issue was escalated at that time.

I will be reaching out to you again to understand why this issue has continued and see what I can do to help this get resolved for future stays.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
The original post stated that bonus points would be available instead of the welcome gift. Does anyone know how to set up an account to get the bonus points instead?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by lougord99
The original post stated that bonus points would be available instead of the welcome gift. Does anyone know how to set up an account to get the bonus points instead?
I was under the impression that this isn't a profile setting, but rather something the property asks/offers at check-in. I haven't had a stay since June 1 though, so I could certainly be wrong.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:24 pm

I have not been asked - but simply given the welcome gift. I would like to know if I can decline and ask for points. Also curious as to how many points that would be.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 6:53 pm

I had a recent stay where I was offered the bonus points as a welcome gift choice, and I accepted bonus points. I think it was around 200 points. Given all the recent problems I've seen with the Choice Hotels web site and Choice Privileges program, I'm not overly confident that the points will post without a follow up request.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by starflyer
I had a recent stay where I was offered the bonus points as a welcome gift choice, and I accepted bonus points. I think it was around 200 points. Given all the recent problems I've seen with the Choice Hotels web site and Choice Privileges program, I'm not overly confident that the points will post without a follow up request.
I can confirm that this is an issue that I am seeing (two stays both which completed 1+ weeks ago, 250 and 200 points offered respectively). I will follow up with Choice Hotels.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Points may take up to four weeks to post

After speaking with our operations team internally they pointed me to the Elite member gift terms and conditions which state "Points may take up to four weeks to post to Member’s account after stay is completed."

So your points should be showing up in you account in the very near future!

Last edited by ChoiceHotels; Jun 28, 2017 at 10:38 am Reason: Additional Information from Operations Team
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
After speaking with our operations team internally they pointed me to the Elite member gift terms and conditions which state "Points may take up to four weeks to post to Member’s account after stay is completed."

So your points should be showing up in you account in the very near future!
Thanks for the info. I'm nearing the four week window, if it hasn't passed already, and the points still haven't posted. I'll log a missing stay request after the holiday next week if the points still haven't posted.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: Choice Privileges, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hertz #1 Club Gold
We have stayed at Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn, Comfort Inn and Comfort Suites this month, and only at the Comfort Suites check-in were we offered a welcome gift.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:05 am

Just had a stay at the Quality Inn Redwoods and a welcome gift was not offered/mentioned. When I mentioned it briefly at check-out the clerk just gave me a confused look and said he'd never heard of that. I figured for 250 points it wasn't worth pushing.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:13 pm

Has anyone received the 200-250 points? I never have. It's been promised to me 3 times. Not worth the effort to fight.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by lougord99
Has anyone received the 200-250 points? I never have. It's been promised to me 3 times. Not worth the effort to fight.
Same here. Three stays in qualifying hotels since June 1, 2017, and none of the welcome gift bonus points have shown up in my account. I guess I'll file a missing stay request for these points for the stays that are over 4 weeks old, but I have already have several requests outstanding that haven't been acted upon or responded to in over 6 weeks.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Elite Recognition bonus points will be posting to your accounts this week. Our apologies for the delay and thank you for your patience as well roll out this new and exciting benefit for our Elite Members!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Same here. Multiple stays since June 1 and Not One hotel has offered me any kind of amenity at check in yet.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
Elite Recognition bonus points will be posting to your accounts this week. Our apologies for the delay and thank you for your patience as well roll out this new and exciting benefit for our Elite Members!
I have now gotten one of my elite recognition bonus points posted. However, I was due roughly 10 of those, so I'm still 2,250 points shy then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.