Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Choice Privileges Elite Members to receive gift at check-in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: Delta GM; FB Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC; National EE
I just called them about a welcome gift not posting, while the regular points already did. Now they tell me it will be 8 weeks from the date of stay for the welcome gift points to post. They provably just hope that people will forget about it, shat a scam. Why not simply post them together with the regular points?

anyway, I am now 9 points short of an award stay I had planned for tonight. Back to Hilton it is..
Old Aug 4, 2018, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by roelb
I just called them about a welcome gift not posting, while the regular points already did. Now they tell me it will be 8 weeks from the date of stay for the welcome gift points to post. They provably just hope that people will forget about it, shat a scam. Why not simply post them together with the regular points?
Good luck. I've been fighting with customer service for 500 welcome bonus points for 2 stays at 2 different properties from 3 months ago. The first time I inquired, they said it would take 6 weeks. Wrote them back at 7 weeks, they said it would be 8 weeks. Wrote back at 10 weeks, they told me to give it "a few more days". So, I'm at 12 weeks now, and still no points. My guess is that the credit for the points is supposed to be triggered on the individual hotels' end, and it just isn't getting done consistently.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:27 am
Company Representative, Choice Hotels
Original Poster

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced receiving your elite status recognition points. I understand receiving your points is important and I am happy to assist.

If you have chosen to receive Choice Privileges points as your elite recognition gift, please allow approximately 8-weeks for the points to post to your account after check-out. If it has been longer than 8-weeks and you have not received your elite recognition points, would you be so kind as to private message us with your Choice Privileges member number and the stay details? We would be happy to check into this for you. Please also include your phone number, mailing address and email address for account verification purposes in your private message. It would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Kevin C.
Executive Guest Services
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
If you have chosen to receive Choice Privileges points as your elite recognition gift, please allow approximately 8-weeks for the points to post to your account after check-out.
Why does it take 8 weeks for these points to post?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by starflyer
I've always wondered that too - the past two hotels I've stayed at mentioned that I qualify for the welcome gift points during check in, so it's obviously something that is triggered at check in. The base points, 400 point midweek stay bonus, and elite bonus points all post within a day or two, why does it take 8 weeks or more for a measly 100-250 extra points to post?

Anyway, sending a PM to ChoiceHotels was all it took to finally get my welcome gift points posted. It's frustrating that it had to come to that, but that's how it goes.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Hi, Thank you for the inquiry regarding why it takes can take up to 8 weeks for points to post to your account. I can certainly understand the frustration with this! As it turns out, it is the way the system is set up to process these as one update and not per stay. We will definitely be sharing your feedback on this lengthy process!

Please feel free to Private Message us with your Choice Privileges number and the stay details if you are still not showing these points on your account after the 8 weeks have passed. Please also include your phone number, mailing address and email address for account verification purposes in your private message.

Best Wishes,

Beckie W.
Executive Guest Services
Old Aug 10, 2019, 6:34 pm

Does this still work? Have people received them consistently or something needs to be done at the property's end to receive them?
What is the 400 point midweek stay bonus that @midgrade talked about? I have never heard of it.
@ChoiceHotels, I have Amazon.com credit set as my Extra Reward. Other than that, I receive Choice points for my stays. I don't see any option in my profile to select points as a gift at check in. Do stays at Econo Lodge qualify?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by sanmandude
Does this still work? Have people received them consistently or something needs to be done at the property's end to receive them?
What is the 400 point midweek stay bonus that @midgrade talked about? I have never heard of it.
@ChoiceHotels, I have Amazon.com credit set as my Extra Reward. Other than that, I receive Choice points for my stays. I don't see any option in my profile to select points as a gift at check in. Do stays at Econo Lodge qualify?
Properties are supposed to ask elite members (gold or above) for their choice of a "welcome gift" at check in, either an amenity like bottled water and/or a snack, or bonus points (amount varies by property - I think it's something like 250 for Ascend, Comfort Suites and Comfort Inn, 200 for Quality, Sleep, Clarion and Mainstay, and 100 for Econo, Rodeway, and Suburban). They've been getting better about posting the bonus points lately in my experience, but in the past it's been pretty inconsistent.

The 400 point bonus for stays falling on Sundays through Thursdays is one of the "My Extras" options. You have the Amazon credit selected, so you wouldn't get those points.
sanmandude likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by starflyer
That's a great question! For Elite Welcome points, it can take up to 8 weeks to process to your account. This is done as a total sum of your stays that received Elite Welcome points during a set period. It may not take the full 8 weeks depending on when your stay is during this processing period. I hope that helps! DM us if you have any further questions. -Taylor
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:47 pm

Never once received recognition or gift

Not that I'm complaining, mind, but the hotel I stay at between rotations at work has fliers posted on the deck and other places (even the rooms) telling us of ChoiceHotels. They also mention the welcome gift. My membership status is reflected on the receipt I sign as well.
I receive a survey and fill it out at the end of every stay at this hotel. Nothing. Again, I'm not complaining, but it seems like no one there cares CH exists. In contrast, airlines take their membership programs rather seriously.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.