Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Points Plus Cash Alive Again! (was: End of Points Plus Cash program ?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points Plus Cash Alive Again! (was: End of Points Plus Cash program ?)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:29 am

Yup just look at the QI stay at twice a month.. $75 pre-pay, $85 Checkin 16,000 points and ... wait for it... 6,000 plus $75 for points. What a deal!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Brighton Line
Yup just look at the QI stay at twice a month.. $75 pre-pay, $85 Checkin 16,000 points and ... wait for it... 6,000 plus $75 for points. What a deal!
Those kind of weird “choices” aren’t really new. They were happening a lot also before the points+cash option disappeared last year.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder

Those kind of weird “choices” aren’t really new. They were happening a lot also before the points+cash option disappeared last year.
And for all the weird ones, I have found plenty of good ones.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:35 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Will Choice Privileges ever tell us what were the "technical issues" causing suspension of Points Plus Cash?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by Brighton Line
This happened before as well, and it's because Points + Cash is just purchasing the additional number of points you need. That $75 is purchasing the 10K points "missing" that are needed to make the points reservation and is not correlated to the cash rate even slightly. Some people have even posted Points + Cash rates where the cash copay was higher than the outright cash price for the room - plus they'd have to burn points too!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nsx
Will Choice Privileges ever tell us what were the "technical issues" causing suspension of Points Plus Cash?
I wouldn’t expect it.

Perhaps points.com and Choice thought they would be doing better business by reducing points+cash’s competition against points.com’s direct sales of Choice points?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:31 am
Suspended

They pulled the plug on it again? The option has disappeared, at least at quick glance. Anyone else notice it’s been taken off again?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Yes, the options have disappeared for the 4 cities I need(ed). Three of four rezs already made, none made sense to actually book the p+c rates though.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:56 am
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

We are excited that our Points Plus Cash program is back. Your patience is greatly appreciated as we work through some final technical issues with a focus on providing an optimal experience for all our members.
nsx and boxo like this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
We are excited that our Points Plus Cash program is back. Your patience is greatly appreciated as we work through some final technical issues with a focus on providing an optimal experience for all our members.
So when will it be back up and running? I am at 75 day window and would like to book some stuff. Thanks.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by miadukes
So when will it be back up and running? I am at 75 day window and would like to book some stuff. Thanks.
Today.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
I'm trying to book a stay and don't see any Points + Cash rates online. Is it just my account?

Could somebody try Comfort Inn in Kingston, ON for 29/6 for 1 night?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by nabeelj
I'm trying to book a stay and don't see any Points + Cash rates online. Is it just my account?

Could somebody try Comfort Inn in Kingston, ON for 29/6 for 1 night?
I see it. 12k points of 6k and $45
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I see it. 12k points of 6k and $45
Thanks!

I called in to Choice and was told that Points + Cash is only available to US-based Choice members.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nabeelj
Thanks!

I called in to Choice and was told that Points + Cash is only available to US-based Choice members.
That's probably because of currency issues. Points + Cash is done in round US dollars (but it doesn't spell out "US" online and maybe it doesn't even have room to spell out "US" online?), but that doesn't translate cleanly to other currencies.

Choice's points + cash is just another method of buying points (when you make a points + cash reservation, you're just buying some points with the cash portion, and then it becomes an all-points reservation).

Is "regular" Choice points purchase available to Choice members in Canada and elsewhere?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.