Issues with "Your Extras"?

Old Feb 18, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I hadn't noticed this before, but 'your extras' bonus has gone from 500 points to 400 points.
Old May 20, 2018, 10:10 am

I have had nothing but troubles with getting my Starbucks cards, I have not recieved 10 of them, out of 20 eligible stays.
This year the ones that do come through show up accurately on the quarterly statements, and the ones that never came through do not.
So obviously it is not a SPAM filter or lost e-mail issue.

I called and spent 30 minutes trying to explain the simple issue, then was told 7-10 business days it would be fixed and new ones would be sent as they had to contact Starbucks.
I know this is not the only way to solve it because last year I had a few that did not come through and I called and was put on hold, and 30 minutes later an new e-mail with code showed up.

I called back in 12 business days, got put on hold, was promised a solution, Was told that it shows they tried e-mailing me and calling with resolution (THAT DID NOT HAPPEN) after being on hold 20 minutes she comes back on and wants to confirm my e-mail address?????
Really???? I just explained some come through and some don't plus you have my profile right there.
On hold anoth 15 bminutes then she says the wait is long to talk to a supervisor, but she says he is just going to tell me when it has been turned over to some reolution dept.

Then she says he will call me back in 1 hour, I ask, what If I'm driving or flying? she has no answer, he call 3 hours later and says it's taken care of and I will see
e-mail advising resolution in 24 hours, no more than 72,....guess what it's been 72 hours and still NO e-mail or communication.

I was telling him how irritating this is and asking him EXACTLY what is going to be the "resolution" I want 10 $5.00 starbucks certificates e-mailed.
He talks in circles, and just sounds like a robot, just like ALL of Choice Hotels (non) service people.

He finally says have a good day and hangs up on me.

Last year I stayed 75 nights at Choice Hotels, 26 so far this year, but dealing with them is not worth the hassle, I told them I have been at Holiday inn for the last 3 weeks because of this and they could care less.

I have rarely seen a company so utterly disconnected from customer satisfaction and simple problem resolution.
If the Choice person that responded in this thread knows how to communicate to someone that actually cares about a customer that has Diamond status for many years and stays 60-70 nights a year, get a hold of me. I have 4-5 months of travel yet to come and your hotel is not interesting to me after this headache, and lack of customer support people that actually understand an issue and have the tools to fix it.
Old May 21, 2018, 3:37 pm

I just picked the points from the beginning to avoid any problems (and having 20 gift cards with a low value). I always get the points within 72 hours.
Old May 21, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by heubergen
I just picked the points from the beginning to avoid any problems (and having 20 gift cards with a low value). I always get the points within 72 hours.
That works. But why should we have to do it.
Old May 22, 2018, 12:02 am

In my case, I used to received 500 choice extra point untill end of last year. it was no problem. i got it everytime. Since 2018 Jan1st. i switched to united airline mileage.
I have stayed choice hotel 31times since Jan 1st this year I got only 3 times united mileage. I do not get it 28 times. I asked hotel receptionists about this. but almost every receptionists do not know difference between YOUR EXTRA and regular points. I explained to them. off course they can not help me.
i contacted to customer service. Finally I could talked to them today. answer is they would fix, if not expain to me by email.
i will report next week.
Old May 23, 2018, 9:25 am
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

My apologies to those of you who have experience issues with Your Extras. If you have not already done so, can you please private message me with your member number and phone number so we can further research these issues? Thank you and again, my sincerest apologies.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: Most Hotel Affiliations
I have roughly the same story....

Originally Posted by firepilot77
I have had nothing but troubles with getting my Starbucks cards, I have not recieved 10 of them, out of 20 eligible stays.
This year the ones that do come through show up accurately on the quarterly statements, and the ones that never came through do not.
So obviously it is not a SPAM filter or lost e-mail issue.

I called and spent 30 minutes trying to explain the simple issue, then was told 7-10 business days it would be fixed and new ones would be sent as they had to contact Starbucks.
I know this is not the only way to solve it because last year I had a few that did not come through and I called and was put on hold, and 30 minutes later an new e-mail with code showed up.

I called back in 12 business days, got put on hold, was promised a solution, Was told that it shows they tried e-mailing me and calling with resolution (THAT DID NOT HAPPEN) after being on hold 20 minutes she comes back on and wants to confirm my e-mail address?????
Really???? I just explained some come through and some don't plus you have my profile right there.
On hold anoth 15 bminutes then she says the wait is long to talk to a supervisor, but she says he is just going to tell me when it has been turned over to some reolution dept.

Then she says he will call me back in 1 hour, I ask, what If I'm driving or flying? she has no answer, he call 3 hours later and says it's taken care of and I will see
e-mail advising resolution in 24 hours, no more than 72,....guess what it's been 72 hours and still NO e-mail or communication.

I was telling him how irritating this is and asking him EXACTLY what is going to be the "resolution" I want 10 $5.00 starbucks certificates e-mailed.
He talks in circles, and just sounds like a robot, just like ALL of Choice Hotels (non) service people.

He finally says have a good day and hangs up on me.

Last year I stayed 75 nights at Choice Hotels, 26 so far this year, but dealing with them is not worth the hassle, I told them I have been at Holiday inn for the last 3 weeks because of this and they could care less.

I have rarely seen a company so utterly disconnected from customer satisfaction and simple problem resolution.
If the Choice person that responded in this thread knows how to communicate to someone that actually cares about a customer that has Diamond status for many years and stays 60-70 nights a year, get a hold of me. I have 4-5 months of travel yet to come and your hotel is not interesting to me after this headache, and lack of customer support people that actually understand an issue and have the tools to fix it.
I couldn't agree with you more. This first happened to me a few months after this program first started and after numerous calls, and emails one rep said to change the email. I had an @yahoo address and changed to an @gmail address and problem was fixed up until March of this year and haven't received cards for my last couple of stays. I use to stay at Choice all the time, but have been going to other hotel chains because of this problem mainly. This seems such a easy problem to fix and resolve for those of us that do have issues, but when I talk to the Choice reps they say they can't give me a Starbucks card, and can only give me 400 points for each stay missed. Seriously that response and resolution upsets me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.