FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Choice | Choice Privileges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges-640/)
-   -   Daily Getaways (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges/1839262-daily-getaways.html)

beggsmoore Apr 27, 17 9:48 am

Daily Getaways

I noticed the Choice hotels have a package for the Cambria Hotel & Suites for 2 nights that come in the form of 40000 points. I've searched and have seen that a lot of these places are 30000 points a night. I'm confused. Do I get 2 nights or not for the NY hotels or even any other hotel that are 30000 points a night? This is what is posted on the Daily Getaways site:
When you purchase this 2-night reward at any Cambria hotels & suites, you will receive 40,000 points in the Choice Privileges program, good toward a 2-night reward redemption, with no blackout dates, at the following locations throughout the U.S.:
Rockville, MD
Miami, FL
Washington, D.C.
Times Square, NY
Chelsea, NY
Blue Lagoon, FL

lougord99 Apr 27, 17 12:13 pm

You get 40,000 points to be used any way you choose.

hannahkhan Apr 27, 17 5:02 pm

These are great deals -- nearly 50% off of their retail price for a 2-3 night stay. If you're booking a hotel soon, I definitely recommend you to book.

https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/Calendar.aspx

beggsmoore Apr 27, 17 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99 (Post 28237082)
You get 40,000 points to be used any way you choose.

I understand the 40000 points. What I don't understand is the two nights in NY would cost 60000 points but they state the reward is good for two nights at these properties.

Brighton Line Apr 28, 17 7:16 am

Yes the advertising says 40k is good for two nights, doesn't say where the Cambria is located. I am sure somewhere in the world at some time in the year there is a Cambria for 20k a night.
Small print says you just get the points not an actual stay at any of the Choice brands.

beggsmoore Apr 28, 17 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Brighton Line (Post 28240364)
Yes the advertising says 40k is good for two nights, doesn't say where the Cambria is located. I am sure somewhere in the world at some time in the year there is a Cambria for 20k a night.
Small print says you just get the points not an actual stay at any of the Choice brands.

Thank you. I guess the word towards in the statement was what was misleading.

This is what is posted on the Daily Getaways site:
When you purchase this 2-night reward at any Cambria hotels & suites, you will receive 40,000 points in the Choice Privileges program, good toward a 2-night reward redemption, with no blackout dates, at the following locations throughout the U.S.:
Rockville, MD
Miami, FL
Washington, D.C.
Times Square, NY
Chelsea, NY
Blue Lagoon, FL

Thanks again!!:eek:

Brighton Line Apr 28, 17 10:17 am

Originally Posted by beggsmoore (Post 28240463)
Thank you. I guess the word towards in the statement was what was misleading.

Marketing types, buried in the small print:

You may find the reward level for any participating hotel including Cambria hotels & suites at choiceprivileges.com

Any so even Rodeway Inn /Econo Lodge which isn't even listed as a deal...

metoo Apr 28, 17 10:44 am

Will purchasing points from daily get away count as qualifying activity? I bought 32k last dailygetaway and my points are supposed to expire on 11/1/17.
Also, is the maximum 2 years for any points you accumulate?

imaginaryhomeland Apr 28, 17 12:02 pm

anybody having any luck? every single category is on hold for other customers and i can't purchase right now.

rrohio Apr 28, 17 12:10 pm

What A Joke

I kept trying from 2 different computers and got same response each time

guv1976 Apr 28, 17 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by imaginaryhomeland (Post 28241536)
anybody having any luck? every single category is on hold for other customers and i can't purchase right now.

I'm having the same trouble.

nsx Apr 28, 17 12:16 pm

I got 2 of the 32k "Comfort Suites" packages several seconds after the hour, but the 40k packages were gone almost immediately.

Packages on hold do time out and go back on sale so you can often get one of those if you are one of the few still clicking like crazy then. I once got a rare large Hyatt package that way almost 30 minutes after the hour.

zboub345 Apr 28, 17 12:16 pm

no problem here; bought only one 40K package (too much uncertainty with Choice)

Dadofsix Apr 28, 17 12:25 pm

All say "Sold Out!" now....

walterj Apr 28, 17 12:29 pm

I got two 40K packages and two 32K packages with the help of my DW.