Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Choice Privileges Co-brand Credit Card [WF now, was Barclays]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choice Privileges Co-brand Credit Card [WF now, was Barclays]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Privileges
Thumbs down Choice Privileges Co-brand Credit Card [WF now, was Barclays]

I have experienced a customer service nightmare from both Choice Privileges and Barclay on trying to get my points posted for using the Choice Privileges VISA card. I am an Elite Diamond member and stay at Choice hotels about 100 nights per year on business. About 2 years ago I decided to get a Choice VISA card so I could earn more points.
Everything was great for a while and my points from using the CC posted every month on the 6th of each month then in March of 2016, I had not received points from the prior 2 months so I called CP customer service. They told me I had to call Barclay. Barclay said they sent over my points to CP. I call CP and they said they would investigate and get back with me in 7-10 days. After 21 days I called and after another 10 days, my points were posted. Then the process started all over again in Dec. 2016...no points were added from Sept., Oct., Nov, and by Jan. 2017 they again got this corrected after I made several calls to CP customer service and Barclay customer service. At this time that I'm writing this, I have not received my points form using the Barclay Choice Privileges VISA for Jan, Feb. or March. I pay my bill weekly on line so not paying my bill is the problem. I have given up on using the Barclay Choice Privileges VISA and went back to my Discover Card.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by tcampbell
I have experienced a customer service nightmare from both Choice Privileges and Barclay on trying to get my points posted for using the Choice Privileges VISA card. I am an Elite Diamond member and stay at Choice hotels about 100 nights per year on business. About 2 years ago I decided to get a Choice VISA card so I could earn more points.
Everything was great for a while and my points from using the CC posted every month on the 6th of each month then in March of 2016, I had not received points from the prior 2 months so I called CP customer service. They told me I had to call Barclay. Barclay said they sent over my points to CP. I call CP and they said they would investigate and get back with me in 7-10 days. After 21 days I called and after another 10 days, my points were posted. Then the process started all over again in Dec. 2016...no points were added from Sept., Oct., Nov, and by Jan. 2017 they again got this corrected after I made several calls to CP customer service and Barclay customer service. At this time that I'm writing this, I have not received my points form using the Barclay Choice Privileges VISA for Jan, Feb. or March. I pay my bill weekly on line so not paying my bill is the problem. I have given up on using the Barclay Choice Privileges VISA and went back to my Discover Card.

I'm right there with you. I stopped using it as my daily card because wuite frankly every other program posts my points a couple days after my statement cuts. My points from last October through January finally posted last month but that was only after about 7 messages and 3 phone calls. Right now I am still waiting o points from Feb, March and my last statement which has already closed. So now they are 3 months behind again.

I have to say its the most useless program, customer service and card out there. I basically use it for balance transfer and for the choice stays but even that I am thinking of using another card since i can never tell if the extra points for using the card are ever actually posting because their website structure to track this is terrible.

Overall I would never recommend this card to ANYONE!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:03 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

My sincerest apologies for these issues! I understand that this is incredibly frustrating.

Can you both please private message me with your member numbers? I can then provide your information to our Choice Privileges Visa team to look into these issues.

Again, my apologies for this negative experience.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
My sincerest apologies for these issues! I understand that this is incredibly frustrating.

Can you both please private message me with your member numbers? I can then provide your information to our Choice Privileges Visa team to look into these issues.

Again, my apologies for this negative experience.
I have sent you a PM.
Old May 13, 2017, 10:20 am

My spouse's haven't posted either from March. He rarely uses the card and we didn't realize this had happened until this thread. I hope his points don't expire before we can get it corrected. He only keep sthe card to stop his points from expiring.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:11 pm

February

Ug... Me as well no points have posted since February... CS said 7-10 days but maybe 30... I should not have to babysit points posting..
Old Jul 11, 2017, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by genxer
Ug... Me as well no points have posted since February... CS said 7-10 days but maybe 30... I should not have to babysit points posting..
I stopped using the card and now only use it for balance transfer. I too cannot sit and try to keep track of my points 3 months later. Thankfully with the rep here intervening my final points posted but I decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

It's a choice thing because my b/f has a barclay arrival plus or whatever their top travel card is and those points post on time and speedy.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by miadukes
It's a choice thing because my b/f has a barclay arrival plus or whatever their top travel card is and those points post on time and speedy.
I'm about to reach the same conclusion. If I recall correctly I valued a point as worth $0.0075 -- so almost a penny. At 5 points per dollar that's 3.75% at choice hotels... (Check my math -- I'm pretty sure I'm correct)...

At the end of the day -- even if the rewards are less than 3.75% -- it'll likely be worth it. Then just cancel or sock drawer this card.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:26 am

I recently got the Choice credit card and have spent the $1K to get the bonus points. My statement cycle ends on Aug 4, and I was hoping to use those points for nights on Aug 27 and Aug 28. Reading this thread gives me a feeling like the points will not post in time. Is there any chance I'll get the points in time for this award?
Old Sep 26, 2020, 11:15 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Looks like there's a limited time increased SUB offer with this card now (usually 32K)

https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ignature-card/

Anyone still having issues with SUB points not posting? Tempted to get this with no annual fees and low spend requirements.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 6:17 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, AA,
Originally Posted by miadukes
I'm right there with you. I stopped using it as my daily card because wuite frankly every other program posts my points a couple days after my statement cuts. My points from last October through January finally posted last month but that was only after about 7 messages and 3 phone calls. Right now I am still waiting o points from Feb, March and my last statement which has already closed. So now they are 3 months behind again.

I have to say its the most useless program, customer service and card out there. I basically use it for balance transfer and for the choice stays but even that I am thinking of using another card since i can never tell if the extra points for using the card are ever actually posting because their website structure to track this is terrible.

Overall I would never recommend this card to ANYONE!
I agree 100%. Choice is a damaged branding company that is failing
Old Oct 19, 2020, 12:24 pm

Hi, there! My team is keen to learn more about your feedback. When you have a moment, please feel free to send us a private message through this channel with more detailed information about your experience along with your full name, mailing address, email, and phone number so that we can make a proper follow-up. -Liz.
Old May 6, 2021, 11:05 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
New offer of up to 75K points

I'm surprised no one is talking about the best offer ever, 75K SUB

https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...signature-card

According to DOC the offer is good until September 2nd.
strickerj likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 6:57 pm

I signed up for the card recently with the lower bonus, met the spend and the points posted to my account soon thereafter. Then I saw the new bonus and secure messaged the bank to see if they would match. They declined. Whomp whomp.
Old May 15, 2021, 1:22 pm

Hi, there! Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We'd like to document your feedback; to do so, please reply through a private message with more details about your case along with your member number, mailing address, phone number, and email. We hope to hear back from you! -Zaira

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.