Bad, Bad Customer Service Experience

Old Mar 28, 17, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Choice, Holiday Inn, Hampton, Marriott
Thumbs down Bad, Bad Customer Service Experience

I have been a GP Diamond member for about five years, staying in Choice hotels on average 100 nights a year, but I have had an issue with Choice for about five months now and cannot get it resolved. I am a Diamond member, but every time I check into a property, the desk rep cannot verify this on his or her computer. The on-site system sometimes shows I am a basic member, and sometimes it doesn't show I'm a member at all. I have called the GP Help Desk six times and written two emails, but as of today I have been ignored. Each time I've called, the rep will assure me that it will be 7-10 days and the problem with be corrected. I doubt that I'm receiving any alleged perk that Diamond members are supposed to receive, and my friend in another state is having the same issue. Had anyone else had this issue, and if so, has it been corrected? I've about reached the point that I'm going to migrate over to the Holiday Inn program for all of my stays. Maybe they'll appreciate a hundred nights a year, because Choice obviously doesn't.
Old Mar 28, 17, 9:01 pm

Programs: No change fees keep me tied to WN. Choice and Marriott hotels primarily.
What perks aren't you receiving?
Old Mar 29, 17, 1:20 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by MarkB22 View Post
I have been a GP Diamond member for about five years, staying in Choice hotels on average 100 nights a year, but I have had an issue with Choice for about five months now and cannot get it resolved. I am a Diamond member, but every time I check into a property, the desk rep cannot verify this on his or her computer. The on-site system sometimes shows I am a basic member, and sometimes it doesn't show I'm a member at all. I have called the GP Help Desk six times and written two emails, but as of today I have been ignored. Each time I've called, the rep will assure me that it will be 7-10 days and the problem with be corrected. I doubt that I'm receiving any alleged perk that Diamond members are supposed to receive, and my friend in another state is having the same issue. Had anyone else had this issue, and if so, has it been corrected? I've about reached the point that I'm going to migrate over to the Holiday Inn program for all of my stays. Maybe they'll appreciate a hundred nights a year, because Choice obviously doesn't.
I am so sorry to hear about this issue! Can you please private message me with your member number and phone number? I will then have a customer service representative reach out to you directly.
Old Mar 31, 17, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Choice, Holiday Inn, Hampton, Marriott
Re: Customer Service Issue

What perks aren't you receiving?

No room upgrades, don't think I'm getting bonus points, and whatever else Diamond members are supposed to receive. It's like every time I check in to a property it's my first stay. First World problems I know, but I still believe a hundred nights a year should count for something.
Old Mar 31, 17, 11:41 am

I'm usually a Platinum but even when a Diamond, I never got a room upgrade. Extra points is the only meaningful benefit in my opinion. I have been having a similar terrible time with Customer Service over the past 6 months specifically with the website. At first it was login problems but devolved into not seeing upcoming stays. As a result, I have not been able to make changes online and must call the hotel to do so. Tech support has assured me that they have fixed the problem when they make a manual correction but the problem persists with each new reservation. The very nice representative on this message board told me the issue would be investigated and I would be contacted last Monday..today is Friday :-( Anyway, I've been an elite with Choice for 14 years and have decided to give up. I'm tired of having to rely on Tripit to monitor my hotel reservations and will begin staying elsewhere. On the occasions when Choice runs the 2for1 promotions, I guess I can just login as my wife albeit she does not have elite status and the points would be less in that case.

As I followup to this bizarre situation: One of the reservations that doesn't appear was cancelled by calling Comfort Suites in Exton, PA directly and I received the cancellation email a couple of days ago. Nevertheless, last night I got a message from Choice looking forward to my stay today April 1? How ironic! If this is an April Fool's joke I am not amused.

Last edited by carraher; Apr 1, 17 at 7:40 am Reason: Followup
Old Mar 31, 17, 5:46 pm

Programs: No change fees keep me tied to WN. Choice and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by carraher View Post
On the occasions when Choice runs the 2for1 promotions, I guess I can just login as my wife
When aren't those occasions?

Search this Thread