Wiki Posts
Search

CPH Hilton to Clarion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: *A G, United MP Premier 1K
Greetings from the CPH Clarion itself.

New this year:

- Price is much lower than when it was the Hilton ($160 v easily $260 in the good old days)
- Breakfast is a definite downgrade but still solid. Notably there are no omelet or carving stations. Choice is a bit more limited but quality of food is OK. We had soft boiled and hard boiled eggs, crepes, smoked turkey, cheeses, fruits, cucumbers and peppers, croissants and breads with butter, and all of these were good.
- The former restaurant area is under construction, they are currently sanding the floors. The breakfast area at the moment is behind the elevators.
- The lobby has been (in my opinion) downgraded in terms of design, with weird lighting fixtures and too-low-for-the-space furniture. They have opened up the wall on which that giant painting used to hang. The children's room, which was behind that wall, no longer exists - it's part of an open lounge area now. My nearly 4-year old was not pleased but truthfully it's better use of the space.
- The bathroom amenities are nailed to the walls, the wear and tear in the bathroom is more noticeable, and housekeeping is not as attentive. Nothing atrocious, but we did have to call three times for the rollaway, no one cleaned our room after 12pm (we were jet lagged and had the DND sign on until noon) etc.
- The staff have all been wonderful.
- There is indeed a "budget" Nordic Choice property being built next door, as someone above pointed out. There is no building visible yet but it will allegedly open in 2019. The fences around the site advertise "605 low cost rooms" and "meeting space 3 minutes from the gate." The latter seems like quite the exaggeration but maybe they mean three minutes as the crow flies? Speaking of birds, we've seen a ton of magpies and crows in this trip. We also took a walk to the beginning of one of the runways (you can also take the car rental shuttle to the same area) and enjoyed some quality plane spotting.
- The wifi is free and fast, although they weirdly block or throttle some random sites (like a parenting forum i read).
- Overall, the lower cost is welcome and makes the changes tolerable, as far as I'm concerned, as long as they keep up with the maintenance.

There have also been some changes to the dining options in the terminals, notably the bakery Lagkagehuset is gone as is the (very good) coffee place that was near the elevators for the metro. In Terminal 2, the pub is also gone. There are a couple of new Pret-a-Mangers, a Wok (Thai) and another modern restaurant i can't remember. The Pret in T2 has a huge and comfortable seating area, and Wok was the best dining option we tried (admittedly, the competition is Burger King and 7-Eleven so the bar is low).

intuition likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Yes, we stayed there last summer. I thought it was pretty nice and handy as it is connected to the airport. I never could get the room to cool down enough for me which was annoying. After glancing at the dinner prices, my husband walked to the Burger King to get dinner for our boys. I think Burger King was $35!. We did have breakfast before our flight at the hotel and it was good. We originally had rooms at the Skt. Petri but because there were some flight issues, I changed our reservations to the airport hotel the day of and it wasn't an issue at Skt. Petri.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:03 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Juju2014
Greetings from the CPH Clarion itself.

New this year:

- Price is much lower than when it was the Hilton ($160 v easily $260 in the good old days)
- Breakfast is a definite downgrade but still solid. Notably there are no omelet or carving stations. Choice is a bit more limited but quality of food is OK. We had soft boiled and hard boiled eggs, crepes, smoked turkey, cheeses, fruits, cucumbers and peppers, croissants and breads with butter, and all of these were good.
- The former restaurant area is under construction, they are currently sanding the floors. The breakfast area at the moment is behind the elevators.
- The lobby has been (in my opinion) downgraded in terms of design, with weird lighting fixtures and too-low-for-the-space furniture. They have opened up the wall on which that giant painting used to hang. The children's room, which was behind that wall, no longer exists - it's part of an open lounge area now. My nearly 4-year old was not pleased but truthfully it's better use of the space.
- The bathroom amenities are nailed to the walls, the wear and tear in the bathroom is more noticeable, and housekeeping is not as attentive. Nothing atrocious, but we did have to call three times for the rollaway, no one cleaned our room after 12pm (we were jet lagged and had the DND sign on until noon) etc.
- The staff have all been wonderful.
- There is indeed a "budget" Nordic Choice property being built next door, as someone above pointed out. There is no building visible yet but it will allegedly open in 2019. The fences around the site advertise "605 low cost rooms" and "meeting space 3 minutes from the gate." The latter seems like quite the exaggeration but maybe they mean three minutes as the crow flies? Speaking of birds, we've seen a ton of magpies and crows in this trip. We also took a walk to the beginning of one of the runways (you can also take the car rental shuttle to the same area) and enjoyed some quality plane spotting.
- The wifi is free and fast, although they weirdly block or throttle some random sites (like a parenting forum i read).
- Overall, the lower cost is welcome and makes the changes tolerable, as far as I'm concerned, as long as they keep up with the maintenance.

There have also been some changes to the dining options in the terminals, notably the bakery Lagkagehuset is gone as is the (very good) coffee place that was near the elevators for the metro. In Terminal 2, the pub is also gone. There are a couple of new Pret-a-Mangers, a Wok (Thai) and another modern restaurant i can't remember. The Pret in T2 has a huge and comfortable seating area, and Wok was the best dining option we tried (admittedly, the competition is Burger King and 7-Eleven so the bar is low).

All the Choice branded Nordic Choice hotels are going to the fixed on the wall toiletries. Unfortunately, I find that these changes at the Nordic Choice hotels which used to have small bottle toiletries (as a standard in the rooms at given properties) has resulted in finding more hole damage on the bathroom walls, empty or missing dispensers, mislabeled or nearly empty dispensers. Call it another “environmental” initiative that really is part and parcel of a cost-cutting exercise to try and reduce cleaning staff costs and room-stocking costs. I have a suspicion that the mounted wall Rituals toiletries are being pumped like crazy by guests (who may be draining some wall-mounted bottles to take the contents home) or maybe even more obviously stolen by guests and/or others with access to the rooms/supply areas/carts.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Does anyone know if the Clarion hotel lobby or bar is a good place to wait and have a drink while waiting to meet someone if neither of you is staying at the hotel? Just looking for a pleasant meeting point that’s easy to find at CPH — somewhere with some natural light and good caffeinated or alcoholic drinks and decent snacks to wait for an hour or so.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by salut0
Does anyone know if the Clarion hotel lobby or bar is a good place to wait and have a drink while waiting to meet someone if neither of you is staying at the hotel? Just looking for a pleasant meeting point that’s easy to find at CPH — somewhere with some natural light and good caffeinated or alcoholic drinks and decent snacks to wait for an hour or so.
I’ve hung out in the hotel lobby chairs using the free Wi-Fi. Some people do buy drinks at the hotel bar while waiting or staying there.

Within the airport terminal building itself on the level above the street level, readily visible on the way to SAS Fast Track are the tables that some Burger King customers sometimes use. The tables work for hanging out and at least some have working plugs to charge things. And there is free wireless internet from at least the airport. In some ways, I sometimes find those tables in the airport better for me than hanging out in the comfortable enough chairs directly in view of the Clarion CPH hotel’s check-in desk.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:04 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I don't think staff at Clarion would bother you.
​​. In fact, join the program and they invite you to visit lobby without staying and treat you with free coffee!
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by intuition
I don't think staff at Clarion would bother you.
​​. In fact, join the program and they invite you to visit lobby without staying and treat you with free coffee!
Indeed.

Even the ones who’ve never seen me have never bothered me or anyone else behaving normally in the lobby when I’m sitting there. It had been one of my frequent hang out places while timing my dark hour Covid tests at the airport.

Back closer to when this hotel stopped being a Hilton, I would even see the staff at the time give some random drop-ins a tour of parts of the hotel just because the drop-ins may use the hotel in the future.

If there is a “stay away” dragon mentality, I’ve not seen it there. Perhaps if this were still a Hilton or someone tried to stretch out to take a nap during non-“free coffee/tea hours”, but even then ….
intuition likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 23, 2022 at 1:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.