FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Choice | Choice Privileges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges-640/)
-   -   Possible to see how many points it WILL be? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges/1821378-possible-see-how-many-points-will.html)

JohnMI Feb 11, 2017 9:56 am

Possible to see how many points it WILL be?

So, I'm fairly new to Choice. I'm a Platinum member due to a status match, so it looks like I can book up to 75 days out, correct?

If I search for anything past that, it just says "Sold out." I assume that is the default status that really means "This isn't sold out necessarily, but you can't book it because it is more than 75 days away."

My question is: does that mean that there is no way to tell how many points a place will be out past your booking window?

I'm trying to plan a stay at the Comfort Suites in Nassau, Bahamas. Right now and through mid-April, it is 16,000 points per night. After that, it switches to 30,000 points per night. So, pretty big difference. I'm trying to find when it drops back down. I'm interested in a stay in October, for example, and want to know if that is going to be 16,000 points per night or 30,000 points. That makes a huge difference in whether or not I decide to try to plan something for that time -- again, since I can only book it 75 days out.

Long story short: Is there a way to see how many points a room WILL be even if it is outside my 75 day booking window?

Thanks!

- John...

sdsearch Feb 11, 2017 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by jgoggan (Post 27895561)
Long story short: Is there a way to see how many points a room WILL be even if it is outside my 75 day booking window?

Yes, but not enough to see October yet at this point.

Go to the property's web page, in this case:
and then scroll down to about the middle of the (long) page, and then just above the big map there is a section labeled:

CHOICE PRIVILEGES® REWARD NIGHT REDEMPTION

where in this case it says right now:
FEB 12, 2017 - APR 15, 2017: SUN - THU 16000/ROOM FRI - SAT 16000/ROOM
APR 16, 2017 - JUN 30, 2017: SUN - THU 30000/ROOM FRI - SAT 30000/ROOM
I'm not sure how long it's going to be before it shows July 1 onward, but even that might not include any of October yet.

There's no way to see beyond that, because those Choice hotels at which the points redemption varies with demand changes from season to season don't necessarily make final decisions on points redemption rates that far ahead.

JohnMI Feb 12, 2017 10:05 am

That helps -- thank you!

- John...

miadukes Feb 14, 2017 8:55 am

Even this can change, I have seen properties change their rate midway thru the dates listed on the page.

Pretty much with Choice its a free for all for when they change points,

We book choice often.