Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Doe diamond status not mean anything?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold

I just tried to book a Choice property near MIA using my points as a diamond for the night of 25 March 2017. While there is availability, verified by selecting anything but points, when I select points use every property shows up "sold out". I called the Choice line and was told that I cannot book anything with points any farther out than 30 days. I pointed out that I was a diamond and that the web site says I can book as far out as 100 days, but no dice. Is this a new "enhancement"?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
The same thing is also happening to me when I try to search/book reward nights on the website.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 1:40 pm

This definitely changed yesterday. I have been walking my window forward 1 day every day as I am a platinum and can book 75 nights out and need to book 4 nights in Rome starting April 2. I was able to see availability up to 75 days when I looked Dec 31, but it changed to 60 days yesterday (this is international.)

The website says "Book up to 30 days in advance for hotels in the U.S. or Canada or 60 days in advance for hotels outside of the U.S. and Canada." for regular members but 50/60 for gold, 75/75 for Platinum and 100/100 for Diamond. So someone screwed up the website and changed everyone to be 30/60. I wrote the tech support for the website to see what they say. This would be a ridiculous change if they did it without any notice.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
It changed earlier than that. I had the same problem on 30 December.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: IHG Spire
I'm in the probably bad habit of burning up points on the tail end of extended stays of a month plus, so I don't expect anything more out of being Diamond than extra points. That way I don't get disappointed-
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Choice is a complete disaster with anything to do with their reward program. I don't think it really matters what you are, only when booking far away and that is also sketchy. IF they did change this, this is the only reason to hold any sort of status with them.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: National Rental - Executive
My favorite is that the "Diamond reservation line" is fake. It just rings to the regular reservation line.

Essentially Lu the whole status is fake as it does nothing.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Choice customer support has only confirmed the errors as being the proper result, after all the computer can't be wrong! I've fought way too many issues with CP and have given up. Choice is NO CHOICE in my book, and I was top tier in four different programs at the time!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:47 am
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

We are so sorry for the inconvenience! Please note that that elite booking windows have not been changed. There was an error with booking reward nights that has now been fixed. If you're still experiencing any issues, please send me a private message with your member number and contact information, and we will be happy to help you.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
We are so sorry for the inconvenience! Please note that that elite booking windows have not been changed. There was an error with booking reward nights that has now been fixed. If you're still experiencing any issues, please send me a private message with your member number and contact information, and we will be happy to help you.
Thanks. I was able to book the property I wanted in late March using my points now that the problem has been fixed.

As was pointed out above, what was most annoying wasn't the problem itself but rather that the customer service agent insisted that 30 days out was all that a Diamond member could book, points or regular reservations. He offered to "hold" the room that I wanted with a credit card, apparently not hearing me when I told him that I was able to book 100 days out using the web site, just not using points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.