Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

left item in guest room - Quality DEN Stapleton 3737 Quebec Street

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed

A few weeks ago, I did a one night stay at the Quality Denver Stapleton 3737 Quebec Street. I left behind an item hanging in the guest room closet.

My $1,000 Canada Goose Down Parka.

I checked out, hopped in a Lyft.

I realize I left said item, called the property within 20 minutes.

They never found it. Subsequent calls to the manager (over the next week, he ignored my calls, I eventually got hold of GM).

"Not our fault, not found, yada, yada"

I emailed Choice International.

(Yes, I realize they are just a franchiser and booking company)

I called Denver PD from the airport. The reason I did so, I noticed TWO security cameras pointed toward my guest room door.

DPD so kindly dispatched an officer out there. He called my mobile, "those security cameras are fake."

So, comments? What would y'all do?

And please don't reply, "I wouldn't have left it behind in the first place."
Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by RoyalFlush
So, comments? What would y'all do?"
I would make a claim with my homeowners insurance.

I'm not sure what you think you can force the hotel do.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
IME, left items are pretty much lost items.

I forgot a cellular modem card on the night stand by mistake (of course). I was four hours away when I realized it. I called the property and they said the room and been cleaned and nothing was turned in. I insisted they send someone to the room while I held. Surprize! They found the item right where I left it. They FedEx'd it the next day to where I was going to be staying and all was well.

They may have cleaned the room and this doesn't say much for their cleaners. I suspect the FDC just made up the story to get me to go away, that didn't work. If the GM is not willing to step up, your only choice is to see if it would be covered by your insurance (most do).

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.