Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Stay on the line for 10000 points or $100 gift card offer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2016, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Any time I make a call to Choice Hotels (e.g. to make a reservation), the call always ends with the representative saying "please stay on the line for a special offer of $100 or 10000 choice points".

I always assume its some scam, so don't really stay on the line.

But .... is it? What's the catch?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nomii
Any time I make a call to Choice Hotels (e.g. to make a reservation), the call always ends with the representative saying "please stay on the line for a special offer of $100 or 10000 choice points".

I always assume its some scam, so don't really stay on the line.

But .... is it? What's the catch?
At WynhdamRewards, there's something like that when you make a reservation online. It's about joining some (ex-Cendant) paid travel program that seems of dubious value to me. At some other program (I forget which), on the phone I think, it's about going to a timeshare presentation (it's obviously one of the programs that has timeshares).

But does Choice either have a connection to anyone akin to Cendant, or have timeshare properties?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 2:45 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sdsearch
At WynhdamRewards, there's something like that when you make a reservation online. It's about joining some (ex-Cendant) paid travel program that seems of dubious value to me. At some other program (I forget which), on the phone I think, it's about going to a timeshare presentation (it's obviously one of the programs that has timeshares).

But does Choice either have a connection to anyone akin to Cendant, or have timeshare properties?
Bluegreen Vacation properties are connected to Choice Hotels. But not sure if that has to do with the "stay on the line" phone thing.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:06 pm

We have taken the bait when calling Choice, and it is an offer with BlueGreen Vacation properties. We signed up and it really was not a bad experience -- we went to St. Petersburg with the deal. The salesman was not particularly high pressure. We did not buy, and would not encourage any one to buy timeshares, but they treated us well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.