Platinum benifits

Old Sep 6, 16, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt diamond Hilton Diamond
Platinum benifits

Just got status matched to Choice and was wondering if there are any benefits to be Plat. Thanks
Old Sep 6, 16, 5:11 pm

Programs: No change fees keep me tied to WN. Choice and Marriott hotels primarily.
You get close to 2 months longer window to book a points stay. You get a few extra points every stay which is dwarfed by the bonus points that are almost always available. Other than that - very little.
Old Sep 7, 16, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
On my most recent checkin the guy specifically noted my Plat status (from Daily Getaways purchase I think) and upgraded me to a suite. They were pretty empty, though.
Old Sep 7, 16, 10:55 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
In about 20 stays/yr.

I've gotten one upgrade, and bottles of water twice.
It's a truly pathetic status other than the extended booking window.
That being said in many of the smaller towns I work/travel to Choice or Hampton Inns are usually at the top of the pyramid so you live with it.
Old Sep 7, 16, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Choice Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
I once got a 4pm checkout of course it was the one time i didnt need it!

other than that, not much, oh at the hotel we stayed at this past weekend, nothing but the last time i think they gave us water bottles.
Old Sep 7, 16, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt diamond Hilton Diamond
Thanks everyone at least I know what to expect.
Old Sep 8, 16, 6:36 am

The only time I've been recongnized is when using a reward night when they have to log into the computer to process the check-in.
I've even got "Oh the computer says to thank you for staying with us as a ..."
Old Sep 8, 16, 9:11 pm

Programs: Choice Privileges, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hertz #1 Club Gold
I have gotten everything from being thanked profusely for my loyalty to goodie bags, suite upgrades without even asking, super late checkouts and discounts to the onsite restaurant (Clarion).

On the other end, I've been stared at like an alien from outer space when I asked about a room upgrade or an extra hour for checkout, and I've been told my status is actually a burden on the hotel because of the extra cost they have to pay out for points, particularly during the 8,000-point promotions (I knew they paid toward the normal stays, but not the promotions).

I've had desk clerks/managers tell me they sign up everyone who checks in whether they ask for it or not, some who have contests among clerks for CP sign-ups, and I've had some who actively discourage it and refuse to prominently display the advertising materials in the lobby because of the aforementioned point cost, as well as their being reimbursed by Choice for reward nights based on "average daily rate".

Ultimately, I find the more favorably reviewed they are the more likely they'll "roll out the red carpet" for elites, which is almost always at Comfort Suites.
Old Sep 9, 16, 5:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
On my most recent checkin the guy specifically noted my Plat status (from Daily Getaways purchase I think) and upgraded me to a suite. They were pretty empty, though.
The point purchases don't count toward elite status, but the award night stays using points -- purchased or otherwise earned -- do count toward elite status in the same way as regular paid stays using just cash/bank card for payment.
Old Sep 25, 16, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While on-site perks are scarce for Platinums at Choice (I once got free parking at a beachfront hotel), the good thing about Choice is that you often (but not always) are able to get an upgraded room when booking with your points. Since almost all my stays are from my Daily Getaways purchases, and the majority of those are booked into upgraded rooms (like suites), I rarely have to beg the Front Desk clerk for an upgrade (as I usually do at other chains).

Search this Thread