Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Preferred Hotels & Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2016, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Booking Preferred Hotels & Resorts

I'm a new Diamond member trying to book a Preferred Hotel & Resort for the first time. I call the points redemption line, rep can't look up these properties, which is fine, so tries to connect me to the Member Services Department, but transfers me back to the main menu instead. Call back--exact same thing happens. The third time is no charm, same thing happens. And of course, Fourth time, I ask the rep to stay on the line during the transfer, he does, it transfers fine, but the Member Services rep tells me that Choice's access to the Preferred Hotels & Resorts inventory is down and might take a week to restore.

Has anyone else encountered this nonsense? Any tips for what I do next? Thanks.
Old May 2, 2016, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Following up on this for the group's future reference. To use Choice Privileges points to book a Preferred Hotel & Resort, call 888-770-6800, select option 2 instead of option 1 (that was the missing link in my post above, it's not intuitive), and then ask for the Resolution Desk. There are some really, really talented people at the Resolution Desk--my sense is that these folks are the supervisors of the entire customer service operation. And for the most part, they have this stuff down cold. If you don't get the help you need the first time, call back. The hold times are painful--in more than 10 calls, I never had less than a 10 minute wait time--but that's the way to do it.
Old May 4, 2016, 9:35 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis Pref, DL Silver, National EE
Thanks for the tip.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:22 pm

Thank you !

call select option 1, rep put me on hold for 20 mins still have no clue and not come back, so hang up , then find this post and call again

select option 2, wait 7-8 mins, get a rep and ask for resolution desk, took 39 mins to book 1 night stay , they said I will get a confirmation E-mail in 24-48 hours, overall it's a painful experience, won't do it again

Originally Posted by pkimball
Following up on this for the group's future reference. To use Choice Privileges points to book a Preferred Hotel & Resort, call 888-770-6800, select option 2 instead of option 1 (that was the missing link in my post above, it's not intuitive), and then ask for the Resolution Desk. There are some really, really talented people at the Resolution Desk--my sense is that these folks are the supervisors of the entire customer service operation. And for the most part, they have this stuff down cold. If you don't get the help you need the first time, call back. The hold times are painful--in more than 10 calls, I never had less than a 10 minute wait time--but that's the way to do it.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
I was able to get a hold of someone and make my reservation for a preferred hotel. I am booking a hotel in South Africa. I received a reservation number from the booking agent, but have yet to receive an e-mail confirmation. It has not been 24 hours, so I will wait for a couple of days to get the e-mail.

I do plan on e-mailing the hotel one week before arrival to confirm the reservation.
Old May 10, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
I finally received an e-mail confirming the redemption. It took 10 days from redemption to e-mail. I have not had time to call back, so this was without additional agent intervention.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
This is just impossible. Nobody knows about resolution desk, and when you finally get there, they cut you off or the line gets broken. Why does Choice offer this if booking it is so damn impossible?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:42 am
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Private Message to Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by mirror74
This is just impossible. Nobody knows about resolution desk, and when you finally get there, they cut you off or the line gets broken. Why does Choice offer this if booking it is so damn impossible?
My apologies for this frustration. Can you please private message me with your phone number and the details around the challenges you experienced trying to book a Preferred Hotel? I will then escalate the issue with our Member Services team.

Again, my sincerest apologies.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
My apologies for this frustration. Can you please private message me with your phone number and the details around the challenges you experienced trying to book a Preferred Hotel? I will then escalate the issue with our Member Services team.

You got private message. Thanks for reaching out to me.

Last edited by mirror74; Aug 18, 2017 at 9:36 am
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA, AS, DL, AA, VX, Hyatt, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels

I'm having a similar problem and just messaged you details.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is this still an issue? Hoping to use this in the near future, thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
@ Choice Hotels representative:

For the last few months, some of the Preferred Hotels I used to book in the past with my Choice points, are showing no more availability anymore, for example Sls South Beach, Siam Bangkok, ..
Are these Hotels no longer bookable? I understand, that hotels block dates during high or peak season, but these hotels don‘t have any availability at all...
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:46 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

@tom-schmitt Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Preferred Hotels is currently investigating this issue and we hope to have it resolved in the near future. My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by mirror74
I'm experiencing the same issue. Nobody even seems to know what the Resolution Desk is or what "Preferred Hotels & Resorts" is. I just spent 40 minutes with 2 different phone reps and didn't accomplish anything.

ChoiceHotels, could you please post here what the proper procedure is to book a Preferred Hotel via points redemption?

Thank you.
mirror74 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:09 pm

Does anyone know if booking Preferred Hotels with points follows the same rules as other award stays, where you need to have elite status to book more than 30 days out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.