Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Preferred Hotels & Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:02 am
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Hi, there. We're disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction and would like to gather additional details regarding your experience. For further assistance, please send us a private message with the hotel's location, arrival date, confirmation number, reservation name, and all the details about our stay experience. We hope to hear from you soon.

Fernando
Customer Care

Originally Posted by BigEdInVancouver
Super poor customer service experience booking with points. A Privileges CSR somehow "locked" my reservation and no one---after TWO+ hours on numerous phone calls to overseas customer service and the hotel itself---knows how to unlock it. What's worse is that they put you on hold and never come back. OR they promise to call back, and then don't.

Submitted an issue report on their website and the website CS agent obviously didn't read my complaint because his suggestion was to....call customer service. I've asked them to implement a workaround: just give me 60K points to make me whole again and then I can move on with my life.

I looked up the company's executive leadership because they really need to know how bad they treat their customers (we are Gold level, but I doubt it matters) . But there is no exec for customer service/experience,.

Anyone found a good way to reach a responsible exec? Going direct to the CEO seems so dramatic.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
Hi, there. We're disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction and would like to gather additional details regarding your experience. For further assistance, please send us a private message with the hotel's location, arrival date, confirmation number, reservation name, and all the details about our stay experience. We hope to hear from you soon.

Fernando
Customer Care

Just a follow-up for everyone that this Flyertalk channel was the only way I found to solve my problem with Choice.. They have some serious IT problems and very poor phone support (agents put you on hold for looong periods of time, make promises they can't/don't keep, have some poor English comprehension skills, etc.).

Thank goodness they care enough about Flyertalk to have some agents monitor this thread!
Old Aug 9, 2022, 2:31 pm

We appreciate your feedback; this has been brought to the attention of the appropriate parties, as this helps us to identify which improvements are necessary to provide better experiences for our valued guests. Thank you for your preference and for considering our brands during your travel plans.

Kathy
Customer Care

Originally Posted by BigEdInVancouver
Just a follow-up for everyone that this Flyertalk channel was the only way I found to solve my problem with Choice.. They have some serious IT problems and very poor phone support (agents put you on hold for looong periods of time, make promises they can't/don't keep, have some poor English comprehension skills, etc.).

Thank goodness they care enough about Flyertalk to have some agents monitor this thread!
Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:43 am

I was trying to book preferred hotel by using choice point , the agent told me it is available for booking at the date I required , but unable to book it due to some stupid IT issue , when I called back after the weekend , guess what ? new agent tell it is not available for the whole year.
you gotta be kidding me !
Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:32 pm

Hello, there. You're making total sense to us. It saddens us that you have not received the service you deserve. It is important to us that our valued members take advantage of all the benefits of our program and be able to redeem the points. Please send us a private message with your full name, phone number, and mailing address, including the hotel's name, location, and arrival date. We hope to hear more from you. -Kathy

Originally Posted by superzz
I was trying to book preferred hotel by using choice point , the agent told me it is available for booking at the date I required , but unable to book it due to some stupid IT issue , when I called back after the weekend , guess what ? new agent tell it is not available for the whole year.
you gotta be kidding me !
beachmiles likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
Has anyone had success booking Preferred hotels with Choice points in recent times.? I booked them pre-covid and there are some AMAZING properties.Take a look:
https://preferredhotels.com/offer/pa...ileges-rewards
I just don't know if the partnership between Preferred and Choice is reliable at this time.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 6:30 pm

We regret knowing you have problems trying to book your stays at our Preferred Hotels. It also saddens us this situation has changed your references regarding this partnership. My team wants to look into this, so if you would like us to check a specific property, please send us a private message with the hotel's name and address, your arrival date, and your departure date. Hope to speak with you. -Mei

Originally Posted by TravelStar
Has anyone had success booking Preferred hotels with Choice points in recent times.? I booked them pre-covid and there are some AMAZING properties.Take a look:
https://preferredhotels.com/offer/pa...ileges-rewards
I just don't know if the partnership between Preferred and Choice is reliable at this time.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 11:56 am

Programs: AC-75K Diamond CP
Wanted to provide my experiences booking with this program:

So far we have stayed at the following properties:

2018 - Shilla Stay Gwanghwamun, Seoul South Korea (no longer a part of the program) - great location and larger room
2018 - One Farrer Hotel Singapore - Loved this hotel. They even upgraded us to a much nicer room. Would stay again
2022 - Royal Lancaster Hotel London - Amazing Location, just steps from the tube and Hyde Park.

This year we hope to stay at the Fullerton Bay in Singapore and the Fullerton in Sydney
Old Feb 3, 2023, 12:56 pm

I'm new to Choice and have 180,000 points thanks to Radisson. Many hotels I look at have XXXXX on all dates July and forward. Does that indicate that they will no longer be participating with Choice? I typically book 10 month out. If I can find good redemptions i will transfer my 300k balance of Radisson points

Last edited by Schutzee; Feb 3, 2023 at 1:29 pm
Old Feb 4, 2023, 9:44 am

Thank you for reaching out to us. We regret to hear about how the situation was handled by previous representatives. On behalf of Choice Hotels, we apologize for the inconvenience. Allow me to provide you with our Elite line number, 888-228-2000. If we can be of any additional assistance, please let us know. -Sal.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 8:25 pm

IT Issue Going Strong

Called today, first got an agent who had no clue but he was able to find me someone that could book Preferred Hotels for me.

He took all my info, found the hotel, found the availability, confirmed the number of points I would be spending, then after several long holds told me that they have system issues that they have been dealing with and it is not possible to book at the time. He said that he escalated the issue and asked me to call back next week. I am not feeling super confident since it looks like this IT issue has been around for months...! But at least it is possible to find people that know how to book Preferred hotels so that's good news?? Oy.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 11:53 am

Hello, there. We understand your disappointment, and it saddens us that you have not received the service you deserve. It is important to us that our valued members take advantage of all the benefits of our program and be able to redeem the points they earned. Please send us a private message with your full name, phone number, and mailing address. Please include the hotel's name, location, and arrival date to review this situation. We hope to hear from you soon. -Vilma

Originally Posted by lilynarly
Called today, first got an agent who had no clue but he was able to find me someone that could book Preferred Hotels for me.

He took all my info, found the hotel, found the availability, confirmed the number of points I would be spending, then after several long holds told me that they have system issues that they have been dealing with and it is not possible to book at the time. He said that he escalated the issue and asked me to call back next week. I am not feeling super confident since it looks like this IT issue has been around for months...! But at least it is possible to find people that know how to book Preferred hotels so that's good news?? Oy.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Originally Posted by Schutzee
I'm new to Choice and have 180,000 points thanks to Radisson. Many hotels I look at have XXXXX on all dates July and forward. Does that indicate that they will no longer be participating with Choice? I typically book 10 month out. If I can find good redemptions i will transfer my 300k balance of Radisson points
Seems across the board nothing is available past July, at least in the published availability calendar. Is this normal for Preferred (only allow close-in booking)?
Old Mar 26, 2023, 9:01 pm

Hello, there. My team recognizes the importance of finding available rooms to complete your bookings. Kindly know our properties are individually owned and operated, so they manage their inventory separately from Choice Hotels. However, if you want our help checking a specific hotel, please send us a private message. -Mei

Originally Posted by daslax
Seems across the board nothing is available past July, at least in the published availability calendar. Is this normal for Preferred (only allow close-in booking)?
Old Apr 14, 2023, 4:54 pm

This is typical. The standard rule has been that they release availability for the current month plus the two following months. But I have seen calendars for some of the hotels that show availability beyond three months and have successfully booked them too so I think it just depends on what each property likes to do.

Last edited by lilynarly; Apr 14, 2023 at 5:09 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.