Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CHOICE Hotels Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2016, 9:50 am
was jgoggan

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
Sorry for the confusion -- several of us are talking about a different game from Choice brands. We got a bit off-topic here.

- John...
Old Apr 12, 2016, 12:27 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

These posts are moved from another thread.
Please see this post in the origin thread for future reference:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...l#post26475311

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Apr 12, 2016, 12:48 pm
was jgoggan

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
Ok -- cool that this has it's own thread now. Easier to discuss. (Sorry to FLYGVA for that one getting a bit too far off-topic with this.)

So, I am curious if anyone else won something they didn't want (like Gold status) and purposely did NOT fill in the winner's thing within 5 days. My wife won gold and doesn't need it, so we just ignored the "you won" thing and have continued to enter. We'll see what happens if she happens to win.

On my account, I won the 10,000 points. They have no posted yet, but the email says May 31st, so I'm not that worried. (I'm not a big Choice guy, but just did the Daily Getaways things to buy 88,000 points and got status matched from Hilton Diamond to Choice Platinum, so I might start using them more -- just good to have more options in some locations.)

Also, finally, anyone else notice that it seems to let you enter more than once per day? It looks like it is actually counting all of the entries (i.e. you can win on what was NOT your first entry that day). I'm not sure if this is a bug or what...

- John...
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by jgoggan
Ok -- cool that this has it's own thread now. Easier to discuss. (Sorry to FLYGVA for that one getting a bit too far off-topic with this.)

So, I am curious if anyone else won something they didn't want (like Gold status) and purposely did NOT fill in the winner's thing within 5 days. My wife won gold and doesn't need it, so we just ignored the "you won" thing and have continued to enter. We'll see what happens if she happens to win.

On my account, I won the 10,000 points. They have no posted yet, but the email says May 31st, so I'm not that worried. (I'm not a big Choice guy, but just did the Daily Getaways things to buy 88,000 points and got status matched from Hilton Diamond to Choice Platinum, so I might start using them more -- just good to have more options in some locations.)

Also, finally, anyone else notice that it seems to let you enter more than once per day? It looks like it is actually counting all of the entries (i.e. you can win on what was NOT your first entry that day). I'm not sure if this is a bug or what...

- John...
thanks for splitting the thread.. my fault for posting the sweeps.. anyways.. I just played again today and no win.. I am sure that the fulfillment company will only give you the "prize" you won on your first try for that day.
Still no win for me.. ( husband won but not me the 10k)
As to not accepting your "gold" status win.. I would read the rules and see if they say whether you have to claim it or it automatically gets awarded.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I won gold yesterday and do not need it (I am platinum) so I played again today and yes I got the email and plan to ignore it.

I was wondering what would happen if i kept playing and won again and I guess I will find out.

I have played up to 2x a day but not everyday out of curiosity and wondered how many times i could actually enter, the system doesnt seem to tell you you have already played that day.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have to ask, why is this thread in the IHG forum? What does Choice Hotels have to do with IHG? Is there something about a merger or something I am missing?
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:45 am
was jgoggan

Originally Posted by Baze
I have to ask, why is this thread in the IHG forum? What does Choice Hotels have to do with IHG? Is there something about a merger or something I am missing?
Originally, in was in another IHG thread and this was an off-topic discussion that started. The IHG mod split it off into it's own thread. I think to do that, it had to be split into the IHG section. He said that it would be moved into the Choice section within a few days.

So, it is here for now only because it was split from an IHG-related thread. It'll be over in Choice soon.

- John...
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jgoggan
Originally, in was in another IHG thread and this was an off-topic discussion that started. The IHG mod split it off into it's own thread. I think to do that, it had to be split into the IHG section. He said that it would be moved into the Choice section within a few days.

So, it is here for now only because it was split from an IHG-related thread. It'll be over in Choice soon.

- John...
Ahhh, ok. Thanks. That makes sense.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Baze
Ahhh, ok. Thanks. That makes sense.
Yeah Sorry that was our fault (me mostly included). I should have just started a thread over in choice.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:31 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I have now moved this thread from the IHG Forum to the Choice HOtels Forum.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Apr 14, 2016, 12:29 pm

has anyone won more than 10000 points?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:17 pm
was jgoggan

Originally Posted by sbbi
has anyone won more than 10000 points?
There are no prizes more than 10,000 points. That's the "grand prize." The prizes are as follows:

Grand Prize (10,000 of them available): 10,000 points
First Prize (303 available): $50 BP gift card
Second Prize (163 available): $50 WalMart gift card
Third Prize (136 available): $50 Lowes gift card
Fourth Prize (50 available): $50 Sunoco gift card
Fifth Prize (848 available): $25 Shell gift card
Sixth Prize (5,000 available): Gold Status for 1 year

- John...
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
I have now moved this thread from the IHG Forum to the Choice HOtels Forum.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
I'm sorry. I'm confused. This thread seems to lack a head. May I ask the OP please to flesh it out? I know a good soul will be inclined to step in now, but people shouldn't have to go 30-40 comments in to put it all together.

Either that, or it may be my first question in the ask-the-concierge thread.

Thank you!
Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Choice Hotel Promotion is the title of the "thread" that was created by an administrator since my comment was in the IHG thread answering someone's question about is there any other promotion going on.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I have been playing daily since it started and have not won a thing-not even gold status (which is useless as I am already Platinum!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.