Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions: Scandinavia on Points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2021, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by vanillabean
I can’t say I have ever considered staying at a Choice Hotel outside of the US, certainly not in Scandinavia, given what’s offered locally. What’s the attraction?
I can only speak for the one Choice Hotel I've used in CPH which is the airport Clarion. It is the only (I believe) hotel that is connected to the airport by a walkway which was a great convenience in mid-winter when we were repatriating and had a ton of luggage. We spent the night before our flight at this hotel - they had luggage carts available from the underground parking garage to the rooms and then across the walkway. We actually want over to the airport the night before our flight to check in and get luggage tags so we could avoid the kiosks in the morning and just roll our luggage to the drop-off point.

We are planning a one-night stay again later this year for the night before our flight. We're spending the month at a VRBO in north Sjaelland so will check out of it the day before our flight, return the rental car to the airport and relax at the Clarion for the evening, then stroll across the walkway to the airport. Oh, and they have a great breakfast included, huge buffet of anything you could think of, made to order omelet station, etc.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 3:39 pm

Programs: SK*G, OW S
ChoiceHotels any update on the reason for the lack of reward nights availability in Scandinavia from mid-September on?

Last edited by Peter1012; Jul 22, 2021 at 3:33 am
Old Aug 2, 2021, 9:48 am

FYI, I was just able to book the Comfort Hotel, CPH for one night, mid-October for 20,000 points which was previously showing sold out up until a couple days ago. Every other area hotel, including the adjacent Clarion, is still showing sold out for points stays. Both Comfort and Clarion can be booked for cash for the same night.

I'll keep trying to switch to the Clarion closer in, although the Comfort has fine reviews and is newer, includes free breakfast, so should be perfectly fine for a one night stay the night before a flight.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 10:56 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Clarion CPH had redemption nights available for booking using US Choice points this past weekend for stays this past weekend.

It and some Nordic Choice properties in Stockholm have remained available for my redemptions using US Choice points; but the general picture with the blocked redemption opportunities is still overall ugly since so many Nordic Choice properties remain unavailable.
delpiero223 likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Aug 2, 2021 at 11:01 am
Old Aug 6, 2021, 12:46 pm
Suspended

The Clarion CPH is still available today for point redemptions for same-night bookings too.

It seems that the Nordic Choice properties that are not blocked for redemption is a static list for now; and this is while it also seems that the Nordic Choice properties that are blocked for redemption is also a static list.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:53 pm
Suspended

It seems like my primary reward night properties using US Choice points for Nordic Choice properties are back to being available today for reservations from tonight.

I noticed this today while Nordic Choice Club — Nordic Choice Hotels program — has a special one day promo for triple points on regular paid nights booked today.
SusanDK, delpiero223 and Peter1012 like this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 3:18 am
Suspended

I am not sure if this is new or not for Nordic Choice hotels booked via US Choice accounts, but for the first time ever I've been hearing from hotel front desk staff commenting about the US Choice Privilege numbers when handling check-in of reservations made via US Choice. They say the loyalty program entries looked weird, which is not surprising because the "alphanumeric"/"numeric" convention for Nordic Choice accounts is very different than for US Choice accounts. But prior to this year, I never used to hear this at check-in in the region. Perhaps it could be due to new/fresh staff, as Nordic Choice hotels have started to staff up again with returning employees and new hires; or maybe there was some tech and process update on one or both sides of the Atlantic Ocean that have driven Nordic Choice Hotel front desk agents to comment about this in a way that didn't happen before. I guess it could also be that for one or more reasons the front desk staff haven't seen US Choice bookings in quite some time and thus it becomes more noticeable just because of that.

While I've assumed that the Choice US number has been transmitting to Nordic Choice for several years at least, I found it interesting that nowadays it comes with more obvious notice by front desk agents than seemed typical in say 2019 and earlier.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:37 am
Suspended

Had another Nordic Choice check-in and this time no mention of the US Choice number, although obviously they can tell it’s a US Choice booking when it is.

Not sure if it’s specific to some accounts, but emails from Choice aren’t coming for these US Choice point bookings even as the reservations for Nordic Choice hotels work out just fine. But those emails could be useful, so I’m hoping to see what is going on with that.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:20 pm

It looks like I can now book the Clarion CPH airport for 20,000 points for the night I need in October. I already have the newer, next door Comfort booked. Has anyone stayed at the Comfort? Just wondering if it is worth cancelling and getting the points refunded to switch to the Clarion for one night. We plan to drop off our rental car in the evening, spend the night in the hotel, have breakfast at the hotel, and walk over to the airport for our flight at 11 am.

I'm tempted to just leave it as it is (Comfort) unless there is a huge difference. Does one still take the indoor connected bridge to the airport from the Comfort and can we take a rolling cart with our luggage from the parking garage into the hotel and then to the airport? We did that from the Clarion and we will have an extra piece of baggage on our return.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 8:55 am
Suspended

My Choice US point bookings for Nordic Choice Hotel properties are giving me Nordic Choice Club points in the same manner as in previous years. It’s not a lot of Nordic Choice points, but every little bit helps to get me closer to lifetime status in that program. 636-833 US Choice award nights from scratch could mean lifetime Nordic Choice Club Gold status; while double that number of US Choice-booked award nights could mean lifetime Nordic Choice Club Platinum status.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 3:24 pm
Suspended

I am seeing 605 SEK reimbursements taking place for the Swedish Nordic Choice hotel nights booked with US Choice points. It may have been 600 SEK in prior years.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 3:58 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I am seeing 605 SEK reimbursements taking place for the Swedish Nordic Choice hotel nights booked with US Choice points. It may have been 600 SEK in prior years.
I had 675 NOK when I stayed in the Thief in Oslo in August. There was a last minute cancellation and a room opened.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 12:18 am

Does anyone know if I cancel a points reservation, do the points get returned to my account immediately? I'm still thinking of swapping out a reservation but don't want to cancel the existing one if it is going to take time for the refund of points, in case the one I want to switch to sells out.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by SusanDK
Does anyone know if I cancel a points reservation, do the points get returned to my account immediately? I'm still thinking of swapping out a reservation but don't want to cancel the existing one if it is going to take time for the refund of points, in case the one I want to switch to sells out.
IT is not instant but it is usually very quick.
SusanDK likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 12:59 am

Scandinavian Hotels can now go up to 40k points a nights this is the case at Villa Copenhagen. An Ascend hotel next to the train station in Copenhagen. It is one of the Nordic choice owners luxury hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.