Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
This thread has been running for multiple years and is used for every promotion. Do not assume early posts are current; please check the date of the post, or start from end of the thread and work backwards.

Early posts are about former promotions, and the links in former posts may not work for current promotions.
Print Wikipost

Upcoming Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2023, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1K
Can't register for the promo:

Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.
Is this for U.S. residents only? Doesn't say so on the page
Old Mar 28, 2023, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you, Carlos.
DCABarry likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 7:18 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Hello, there. We'd love all the regions to participate in our Spring Promo 2023; however, this promo is available for US & Canada Choice Privileges members, including US territories. Therefore, the participating hotel regions include only US & Canada. However, we kindly encourage you to keep an eye on our website at https://www.choicehotels.com/en-de (Germany) so that you do not miss any promo in your region. I hope this helps. Our inbox is always open for further questions. -Mei

Originally Posted by delpiero223
Can't register for the promo:

Is this for U.S. residents only? Doesn't say so on the page
Old Mar 28, 2023, 7:18 pm

Our pleasure. Take care. -Mei

Originally Posted by Firewind
Thank you, Carlos.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

gift card promo "extended" to Sept 5

They seem to have extended it. But it's somewhat confusing.

They send me an email about that a few days ago, with a Register button, but since it's an extension, why do I have to register if I registered for the original promo? I clicked on Register button, and after several tries that did nothing it finally said I'm already registered.

Meanwhile, the FAQ page:

https://www.choicehotels.com/promo/faqs

is still only partially updated. At the top in bold it says "through June 30", and calls it as "spring" promotion, but then in the footnote at the bottom it says "with arrival between 03/27/2023 and 09/05/2023".

And while I'm not in that situation, it makes me wonder: Since there were a few weeks between when the promo ended and when they announced this "extension", will people who did paid stays during those few weeks get retroactive bonus points on every stay? Or is only extended from a particular date?

That's the confusing thing about calling this an "extension", after a few week gap, instead of just calling it a new promo.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 4:31 pm

Hello, there. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We understand the importance of being rewarded with points to take advantage of our deals. For this reason, my team and I are keen to review your account and check your qualifying stays. To do so, please send us a direct message with the mailing address, phone number, and email on file. We hope to hear more from you soon. -Ray.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
Hello, there. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We understand the importance of being rewarded with points to take advantage of our deals. For this reason, my team and I are keen to review your account and check your qualifying stays. To do so, please send us a direct message with the mailing address, phone number, and email on file. We hope to hear more from you soon. -Ray.
There is no issue with my account. But the Choice promo FAQ has still not been fixed. It still says "through June 30" in big print at the top, and only says "with arrival between 03/27/2023 and 09/05/2023" in the fine print at the bottom. Can you please bring that to the attention of the web people at Choice? Thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 12:44 pm

Hello again, there. We appreciate your response and additional information. We will send your feedback to the appropriate department for improvements and appropriate updates. If my team and I can be of any further assistance, let us know. Take care. ~Fernando

Originally Posted by sdsearch
There is no issue with my account. But the Choice promo FAQ has still not been fixed. It still says "through June 30" in big print at the top, and only says "with arrival between 03/27/2023 and 09/05/2023" in the fine print at the bottom. Can you please bring that to the attention of the web people at Choice? Thanks.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 5:57 am

Programs: Choice Privlidges Elite Diamond- 120+ Choice Privileges nights/year, Delta, UA
Radisson hotels

Do the Radisson hotels that just joined the Choice family count for stays like the current gift card promotion?
Old Aug 7, 2023, 12:17 pm

Thank you for contacting us regarding your inquiry. Please be advised that Radisson Hotel Brands are now participating in our 2023 National Spring Promotion, as long as stays are after the integration of 07/25/2023. If you have further questions or concerns, please send us a private message with your phone number, email, and home address associated with your Choice Privileges account. -Josh
Old Aug 12, 2023, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a question. The terms shown say:

"make two separate qualifying stays at participating hotels ... with arrival between 03/27/2023 and 09/05/2023."

But the word "between" is a bit confusing. So does an arrival on the last day of the promotion (09/05/2023) count?

I've never done a stay arriving on the very last day of previous Choice promotion, so I don't have experience with this. But presumably it works in all promotions.

But this time, I have a chance to have a stay arriving on 09/05/2023 and checking out the next morning on 09/06/2023, but I want to make sure I don't lose out on the 8000 bonus points if I do that, because it would be my second stay of a pair of stays.

Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 12:55 pm

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out to us about the Spring Promotion 2023. As a reminder, with the Spring Promotion 'Stay Twice and Get a $50 Gift Card' between March 27th and September 5th, 2023, registered members can earn between 5,000 and 8,000 bonus points after every two separate qualifying stays.

These are enough points to redeem for a $50 Gift Card. Please make sure to book through our website at www.choicehotels.com, the Mobile app, or the Reservations department at 800-424-6423. Regarding your inquiry, if you have a stay on 09/05/23, it can still qualify for the promotional points. We hope this information helps, and we look forward to having you at our hotel. If my team and I can further assist you, let us know. ~Fernando

I have a question. The terms shown say:

"make two separate qualifying stays at participating hotels ... with arrival between 03/27/2023 and 09/05/2023."

But the word "between" is a bit confusing. So does an arrival on the last day of the promotion (09/05/2023) count?

I've never done a stay arriving on the very last day of previous Choice promotion, so I don't have experience with this. But presumably it works in all promotions.

But this time, I have a chance to have a stay arriving on 09/05/2023 and checking out the next morning on 09/06/2023, but I want to make sure I don't lose out on the 8000 bonus points if I do that, because it would be my second stay of a pair of stays.

Thanks.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
Regarding your inquiry, if you have a stay on 09/05/23, it can still qualify for the promotional points.
Well, I did have stay on 09/05/23, checking out the next morning, but I didn't earn promotion points like you said I should. I'm about to send a private message to you with all of my details.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 12:14 pm

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand the importance of earning the correct number of promotional reward points. We will reply to your private message as soon as we receive it. Talk to you soon. ~Fernando

Well, I did have stay on 09/05/23, checking out the next morning, but I didn't earn promotion points like you said I should. I'm about to send a private message to you with all of my details.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Same. I actually just emailed Choice customer service about this a few hours ago, so hopefully they fix it. (If not, I'll push back or escalate with ChoiceHotels here as the T&C are very clear that an arrival by 9/5 qualifies.)

Edit: fast response time via email! Points posted. IME, Choice CS is very responsive to emails, within ~2 hours in every case I've used it. Unfortunately, when it comes to actually dealing with property issues (e.g. property doesn't honor booked rate, etc.), they are more or less powerless -- Choice really needs to negotiate the ability to deal with and back-bill properties for compensation in the event of issues into their master franchise agreements.

Last edited by jackal; Sep 10, 2023 at 1:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.