Old Sep 4, 17, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
This thread has been running for multiple years and is used for every promotion. Do not assume early posts are current; please check the date of the post, or start from end of the thread and work backwards.

Early posts are about former promotions, and the links in former posts may not work for current promotions.
Print Wikipost

Upcoming Promotion

Old May 23, 21, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels View Post
We're glad to know that you'll take advantage of our upcoming promotion. Choice Hotel's goal is to provide extra benefits every time you stay at our brands. Remember, you can reach us through private message if any question comes up. Regards, Zaira.
Can you please confirm whether this promo can be earned multiple times? The terms and conditions this time don't mention that (they always did in the past), they only talk about the 2nd stay, not a 4th stay, not a 6th stay. If this can indeed be earned multiple times by doing multiple pairs of stays, it would be good to have the Choice T&Cs updated to explain that.

On the other hand, if this cannot be done multiple times, it's a horrible promo!

Thanks.
Firewind likes this.
Old May 23, 21, 11:22 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Can you please confirm whether this promo can be earned multiple times? The terms and conditions this time don't mention that (they always did in the past), they only talk about the 2nd stay, not a 4th stay, not a 6th stay. If this can indeed be earned multiple times by doing multiple pairs of stays, it would be good to have the Choice T&Cs updated to explain that.

On the other hand, if this cannot be done multiple times, it's a horrible promo!

Thanks.
That's an excellent observation! Thank you so much for notifying us. With our new Summer Promotion 2021, our members will earn enough points to redeem them for a $50 Gift Card after every two separate qualifying stays between May 24 and July 11, 2021. We have notified our marketing department to update the information online. If we can be of any additional assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know. -Jendy
sdsearch, Firewind and synergistic like this.
Old May 25, 21, 4:00 pm

Programs: Choice, Marriott, Hilton, Wyndham, Delta, American, Jet Blue, SWA
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post

Thanks.
Thanks for your exactitude! There is no excuse for Choice (a big multi-Million $ corporation) to put out an unclear offering.

Leave it to Choice Management to NOT beta test their offerings. It's not expensive to do, maybe just have the newbe in the office to read the offer once and get their interpretation and see if it's clear to a layman. Or run it by your wife/husband to see that they understand the meaning of the offering. It's just like proofreading, basic stuff!

Maybe they need a panel of "smartarses" from the FT board to advise (for free!)

Last edited by DCABarry; May 25, 21 at 4:10 pm Reason: incorrect
Old May 25, 21, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by DCABarry View Post
Thanks for your exactitude! There is no excuse for Choice (a big multi-Million $ corporation) to put out an unclear offering.

Leave it to Choice Management to NOT beta test their offerings. It's not expensive to do, maybe just have the newbe in the office to read the offer once and get their interpretation and see if it's clear to a layman. Or run it by your wife/husband to see that they understand the meaning of the offering. It's just like proofreading, basic stuff!

Maybe they need a panel of "smartarses" from the FT board to advise (for free!)
We sincerely appreciate our members' feedback. Please know, you can find all the details about our new Summer Promotion 2021 online at https://www.choicehotels.com/promo/faqs-summer. It states that you can earn an unlimited number of bonuses! After you register, youll earn points for a future free night after every two separate qualifying stays. These points will allow for the redemption of a $50 gift card of your choice from select retailers. Thank you again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. -Jendy
Old Sep 7, 21, 5:29 pm

Got an email today with the Fall Choice promo - I was crossing my fingers for the standard "Stay twice, earn 8k points." Unfortunately, I will not be able to take advantage of this one, because I only ever have single night stays. Ah well, maybe next year.

The bold print: "Register now and complete a 2-night stay between September 12 and October 31, 2021, and you can earn 2,000 Choice Privileges bonus points.Booking 3+ nights? Enjoy 5,000 bonus points for your stay!*

This offer applies to multiple stays, so you can continue earning bonus points for all your fall adventures. "
Old Sep 8, 21, 7:04 am

Programs: Choice Privlidges Elite Diamond- 120+ Choice Privileges nights/year, Delta, UA
Not to be the Debbie Downer but this is really underwhelming.

Originally Posted by synergistic View Post
The bold print: "Register now and complete a 2-night stay between September 12 and October 31, 2021, and you can earn 2,000 Choice Privileges bonus points.Booking 3+ nights? Enjoy 5,000 bonus points for your stay!*

This offer applies to multiple stays, so you can continue earning bonus points for all your fall adventures. "
sdsearch, jebr and synergistic like this.
Old Sep 8, 21, 4:05 pm

Programs: Choice, Marriott, Hilton, Wyndham, Delta, American, Jet Blue, SWA
Originally Posted by synergistic View Post
Got an email today with the Fall Choice promo - I was crossing my fingers for the standard "Stay twice, earn 8k points." Unfortunately, I will not be able to take advantage of this one, because I only ever have single night stays. Ah well, maybe next year.

This fall promotion is running a little SHORT versus the historical pattern. (By a couple weeks.)

Usually it's round about the Thus before Labor Day and ends, the 2nd Friday in November. So we're a couple weeks short.

It's also a variation of 2 and 3 night stays, instead of multiple single stays.

It's much less generous than we're used to. I don't think I like it.

Using "generous" and Choice Hotels is a bit of an oxymoron!

Last edited by DCABarry; Sep 8, 21 at 4:10 pm
Old Sep 12, 21, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think I'm even going to register for it. That might send a signal?

I was thinking of doing a 3-night stay at a lowly Rodeway Inn just due to the convenient location for part of trip in a few weeks, but the hotel is sold out the first night I would need it, and it isn't worth it for 2000 points to get it for just 2 nights (when there's as just as inexpensive but much nicer indie hotel right nearby available for the same 2 nights, and I have to stay in a different area for the first night anyway just to get a hotel that's not sold out).

Everything else during this time period where I could use a Choice hotel, it's only for one night at a time, so forget it.
DCABarry likes this.
Old Sep 15, 21, 2:31 pm

Thank you for expressing your thoughts with us! Feedback from our valuable members as yourself is appreciated, so I will make sure to share your concerns with our promotional team to make improvements. For further questions, you may reach back to us at any time. I hope you have a great day. -Grettel
Old Sep 15, 21, 2:33 pm

Hi there! We understand that with so many details surrounding the promotions, it might be difficult to consider them all. Nevertheless, I will make sure to share your concerns with our promotional team to make improvements. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to reach back out to us at any time! Regards, Grettel
Old Sep 15, 21, 2:35 pm

I can understand your point of view regarding this situation! We sincerely hope that you can take advantage of any upcoming promotion. Nevertheless, I will make sure to share your concerns with our promotional team to make improvements. -Grettel
Old Sep 15, 21, 8:15 pm

It's disappointing to learn that you won't be able to take advantage of this great deal. Remember, we have seasonal promotions, and we might have a different one soon that suits your needs. -Ed
Old Sep 16, 21, 8:20 am

Programs: Choice Hotels
This is a nothing promotion. It would help a bit to sign up and take the extra points if you're staying several nights at the same place. But these points are not worth going out of my way to book the same location three nights in a row if I really don't need to be there. 5,000 points isn't even enough for a free night. This is one of the most pointless promotions that they have done. It's their prerogative, and they've had some awesome promotions in the past, but this is not moving the needle for me. I will continue to be a free-agent.
Old Sep 16, 21, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Choice/Best Western
After they devalued their gift card purchase requirements (5000 to 8000 for a $25), and slowed down on the 'free night promotions aside from a few months back, it really didn't seem worth it to sacrifice consistent quality and subpar experiences with choice any more. After I found out that many limited service Hilton properties are not too much more on cost from QI and Comfort , I have not regretted my switch since. Heck, even they are offering quite the generous points promos now. Things just seemed better off when Joyce was in charge.
Old Sep 16, 21, 3:08 pm

Thank you for sharing your concern regarding our promotions. We're sorry to hear your disappointment as the Choice Privileges Team wanted to try something different for our members. Guest feedback is extremely important to us and always considered for future promotions, so we appreciate yours. -Grettel

Search this Thread