Upcoming Promotion

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 4, 17, 10:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: sdsearch
Wiki Link
This thread has been running for multiple years and is used for every promotion. Do not assume early posts are current; please check the date of the post, or start from end of the thread and work backwards.

Early posts are about former promotions, and the links in former posts may not work for current promotions.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 14, 20, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by synergistic View Post
Kudos to Choice for sending an advance email about the upcoming promo - and I'm shocked they'll be offering the gift cards again! 22 Sep to 15 Nov - much appreciated!!
Thanks for the info. I didn't get the email, but I tried to guess the URL and it worked:

https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/gift-card

It's actually 21 Sep to 15 Nov. And you can already register for it.
vincewy and synergistic like this.
Old Sep 15, 20, 6:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Choice promos are extra rewarding at this time for some of us, specifically those who have some Amex card offers where spending $150 or more comes back with $30 credit from Amex.
synergistic likes this.
Old Sep 23, 20, 9:59 am

Have people's bonuses posted for the Cambria promotion that had a second stay in late August or early September? I'm still waiting on mine to post (last stay had a September 7 checkout, and I got the standard Choice 8k points promo for the stay.)
Old Sep 23, 20, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Privileges, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Exclamation Sorry for being late with this...

Stay Twice and Get a $50 Gift Card!*
Choose from top brands like Amazon, Best Buy,
Panera Bread, Shell, and Lowe's

Earning begins today for a $50 Gift Card from some of your favorite restaurants, retailers and more! Register below and then complete 2 separate qualifying stays between September 21, 2020 and November 15, 2020, and you'll earn enough Choice Privileges points to redeem for a $50 gift card. Wherever your travels take you this fall, Choice Hotels is there. With thousands of hotels open around the world, we're ready to welcome you back when you're ready to travel.
Old Sep 23, 20, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FreeHotBreakfast View Post
Sorry for being late with this...
Actually, if you scroll up a few posts, you'll see that this was already mentioned by others before you this time. So sorry you weren't able to be the first one to post about it this time.

synergistic first mentioned it on the morning of Sep 14 (on the basis of having received an email about it), and I figured out the link and posted the link here that evening.
Old Sep 24, 20, 4:45 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, WN, Marriott, Choice Diamond, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by jebr View Post
Have people's bonuses posted for the Cambria promotion that had a second stay in late August or early September? I'm still waiting on mine to post (last stay had a September 7 checkout, and I got the standard Choice 8k points promo for the stay.)
I had a total of six stays, the last the Friday before Labor Day. The first bonus posted right at 14 days. The second bonus posted 3.5 weeks after the second stay. The third has not yet posted, and I'm not counting on it posting exactly at 3.5 weeks from September 5, the date of checkout from the second stay for the third set of stays.

ETA: Pleasant surprise. The third bonus posted yesterday, just three weeks after I checked out from my last Cambria stay. Good promotion for me since I was able to shift some stays I would have made anyway to earn over 75,000 Choice points, which with my stay patterns, will likely get me four to six nights of award stays later down the road.
boxo and jebr like this.

Last edited by lwildernorva; Sep 27, 20 at 6:05 am Reason: Added information about the time needed for points to post
Old Sep 25, 20, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by FreeHotBreakfast View Post
Stay Twice and Get a $50 Gift Card!*
Choose from top brands like Amazon, Best Buy,
Panera Bread, Shell, and Lowe's
When I try to register I get the following message:

THE SELECTED OFFER DOES NOT EXIST.

Which raises the question - if the offer doesn't exist how could I select it?
Old Sep 26, 20, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 3544quebec View Post
When I try to register I get the following message:

THE SELECTED OFFER DOES NOT EXIST.

Which raises the question - if the offer doesn't exist how could I select it?
Where geographically are you based? Your Profile says Australia. Well, if you look at the T&Cs at the bottom of the promotion page, you'll see:

"You must maintain an address in the U.S. (includes U.S. territories) or Canada to be eligible. "

There are different Choice programs in different parts of the world. This is only a promotion for Choice Privileges members, and perhaps not even all of those, I'm not sure which other countries use Choice Privileges.
Brendan likes this.
Old Sep 26, 20, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Where geographically are you based? Your Profile says Australia. Well, if you look at the T&Cs at the bottom of the promotion page, you'll see:

"You must maintain an address in the U.S. (includes U.S. territories) or Canada to be eligible. "

There are different Choice programs in different parts of the world. This is only a promotion for Choice Privileges members, and perhaps not even all of those, I'm not sure which other countries use Choice Privileges.
You may be right but it doesn't mean that the offer does not exist!
Old Sep 27, 20, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 3544quebec View Post
You may be right but it doesn't mean that the offer does not exist!
Yes, but that means that the offer does not exist for those people who don't have an address in a qualifying jurisdiction. It only exists in some countries and not others. It's that simple.

You might want to check with Choice in your area to see if there's a different promotion available in your country.

The thing is, in the US/Canada, Choice has named this promo a Gift Card promotion, and those gift cards are only denominated in US$ or CAN$, and that's why it can only work in limited countries. But behind the scenes, if you don't choose to redeem for a Gift Card, it's just another of the stay twice earn at least 8000 points promos. So it could be that in some other countries there's a differently named stay twice earn at least 8000 points promo right now, but none of us in the US/Canada can tell you what whether that's the case in your country, and if so what link would be in your country.

Have you tried visiting your country's Choice website and scrolling around the main page to see if there's any promo like that mentioned? Usually by the time the promo starts, it appears on the Choice website's main page (or perhaps on its rewards program page).

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 27, 20 at 8:40 pm
Old Sep 30, 20, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva View Post
ETA: Pleasant surprise. The third bonus posted yesterday, just three weeks after I checked out from my last Cambria stay. Good promotion for me since I was able to shift some stays I would have made anyway to earn over 75,000 Choice points, which with my stay patterns, will likely get me four to six nights of award stays later down the road.
Same here - points posted a few days ago for the promo. Hopefully we'll see a similar promo soon - always good to build up more points!
lwildernorva likes this.
Old Nov 8, 20, 1:36 pm

Programs: This game has *seriously* lost its luster.
Members Only Madness 2020 https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/c...s-only-madness

Nov 16-21

MEMBERS ONLY MADNESS STARTS SOON!

Every day for one special week, well be unlocking some of the years most amazing offers. Access to these deals is exclusively for Choice Privileges members.
Old Nov 17, 20, 8:09 am

Programs: This game has *seriously* lost its luster.
Yesterday's madness was 20% off one night stays, 25% off 2-nights, and 30% off 3-nights. Book and stay by 12/30/20.

Today is 20%-40% bonus on 3,000+ point purchases.

https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/c...-only-madness?
Old Nov 18, 20, 12:56 pm

Today's is 2,500 bonus points on a stay booked by November 22 and completed by December 30. Not enough for me to do a mattress run or try and finesse an overnight stay into existing plans (which are quickly being cancelled due to the huge COVID-19 spikes in the Upper Midwest.)
synergistic likes this.
Old Nov 18, 20, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by jebr View Post
Today's is 2,500 bonus points on a stay booked by November 22 and completed by December 30. Not enough for me to do a mattress run or try and finesse an overnight stay into existing plans (which are quickly being cancelled due to the huge COVID-19 spikes in the Upper Midwest.)
Yep, not enough for me either. I still have my and my other half's Wyndham promo, hopefully that can tide me over until the next promo or the new year

Search this Thread