Upcoming Promotion

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 4, 17, 10:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: sdsearch
Wiki Link
This thread has been running for multiple years and is used for every promotion. Do not assume early posts are current; please check the date of the post, or start from end of the thread and work backwards.

Early posts are about former promotions, and the links in former posts may not work for current promotions.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 19, 20, 12:29 am

Deleted. Didn't read above posts properly.
Old Jun 21, 20, 3:47 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

ChoiceHotels is this promotion also valid for Choice Privileges Members no registered with an US address? In the past there were quite often different promotions for those registered in the US (gift cards) and those outside. Usually, because the gift cards were not available to us Europeans. I ask, because an colleague with Dutch address could not register and asked me. There are no limitations in the t&c though
Old Jun 26, 20, 2:59 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by FLYGVA View Post
ChoiceHotels is this promotion also valid for Choice Privileges Members no registered with an US address? In the past there were quite often different promotions for those registered in the US (gift cards) and those outside. Usually, because the gift cards were not available to us Europeans. I ask, because an colleague with Dutch address could not register and asked me. There are no limitations in the t&c though
Hey there! Thanks for reaching out with this question. Since promotions vary by region, the best source of information on this topic would be our website at ChoiceHotels.com/Deals. You will find what is currently running in your area. Please also stay tuned to our social media pages for updates! I hope we can welcome you through our doors again when the time is right. My team and I are available to answer any other questions you may have. Take care now. *Julio
Old Jun 30, 20, 11:16 am

Programs: Choice Privileges Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold, National EA, Avis First, HHonors Silver, Delta Skymiles
Already taken advantage of the newest stay twice promotion as it came at a good time. However, consideration needs to be made to bumping up the reward to 12000 or even 16000 points. Nothing in my usual travels are offered at 8000 except for the run down Rodeways and EconoLodges. Most QI's are at least 10000 these days.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jun 30, 20, 1:02 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Life Au, Accor
+1 Dave! The 8000 bonus makes them sound gimmicky & shady, so they can sucker in newbies with their "free night" line of BS.
Old Jul 1, 20, 5:57 am

Programs: No change fees keep me tied to WN. Hilton and Choice hotels primarily.
OK, so the promotion should be advertised as stay 4 times, get a free night. That is still the best promotion out there.
Old Jul 1, 20, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
+1 Dave! The 8000 bonus makes them sound gimmicky & shady, so they can sucker in newbies with their "free night" line of BS.
How is it shady when there are hotels that are 8000 points that are bookable? Sure, they aren't all of them, but there's still some, and I could believe that there are at least 1,001 within the Choice Hotels system that are at that rate at least some of the time. I've stayed at a couple of hotels that are 8,000 points, at least part of the year. While they aren't the best or most fancy (both are Econo Lodges,) both of them were still clean, had a comfortable bed, and would be hotels that I'd stay at again if my trip plans made them the most convenient option.

I wouldn't be opposed to making a change to it; to me, it's annoying that they count the first 3,000 base points earned on the two stays as part of the bonus, but I don't think it's gimmicky or shady to say 8,000 point equals a free night at 1,000+ hotels. If we were making changes, we could easily make it 10,000 points per two stays (which opens up quite a few more options) by keeping the 8,000 point bonus, but not reducing it based on points earned in the two stays, and instituting a 1,000 point minimum on each stay.
Old Jul 1, 20, 8:00 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
It appears that there is a separate promotion going on where if you do two separate stays at the Cambria brand, you will get 20K points, enough for a free stay at a cambria hotel.
jebr likes this.
Old Jul 1, 20, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
While it's hard to go there now presumably because of Covid-19, historically there've been some nice (redeem only, no earn) Choice hotels in Tokyo for only 8000 points / night.

Ie, you may have to look internationally for them, but there are definitely some nice 8000 point Choice hotels out there.
Old Jul 8, 20, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Privileges, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Earn enough points for a future free night at any of our 50+ Cambria locations across the country — that's up to 20,000 bonus points — when you complete 2 separate qualifying stays at any Cambria Hotel by September 7, 2020. Then use your points to enjoy a free night at a Cambria Hotel by November 30, 2020.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 9, 20, 5:39 am

Ie, you may have to look internationally for them, but there are definitely some nice 8000 point Choice hotels out there.
I remember about 2 years ago, I used to get the Denver Airport Comfort Suites for 8K points all the time. I think it was about a year old, and clean as a whistle. The cash price was close to $200 a night at times. Back then, I was finding really nice 8,000 point Comfort, Sleep, Quality Inns, even Cambrias all over the Mountain West and upper Midwest. A lot of them were immaculate.

I haven't seen deals like those in a while though (then again, I don't travel like I used to).
Old Jul 11, 20, 5:40 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by FreeHotBreakfast View Post
Then use your points to enjoy a free night at a Cambria Hotel by November 30, 2020.
Does that mean the points expiration is only 3-4 months??? What if I use them not for a Cambria stay? How do they ensure that the sooner expiring points get used first?
Knowing the glitchiness of Choicehotels IT, I would be surprised if there's no bug in exectution.
Old Jul 11, 20, 2:33 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, WN, SPG Gold, Choice Platinum, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by iggyray View Post
Does that mean the points expiration is only 3-4 months??? What if I use them not for a Cambria stay? How do they ensure that the sooner expiring points get used first?
Knowing the glitchiness of Choicehotels IT, I would be surprised if there's no bug in exectution.
I suspect that this promotion will work about the same way as the gift card promotions. Yes, you can stay two nights and get gift cards through a certain date for the 8K points you earn, but the points don't expire, just the opportunity to get the gift cards for 8K. Almost all Cambria properties go for more than 20K in rewards; in this promotion, not only do you earn the points (and it appears, by the way, it will stack with the 2 stays, 8K), but there is a window during which Choice is guaranteeing that no Cambria property will require more than 20K points for a redemption. At the expiration of the promo, I think the points will stay in your account, but your opportunity for a guaranteed redemption at a Cambria property for no more than 20K points (an excellent rate in a place like New York City, for example) goes away.

If you can move two expected stays from another chain or another Choice hotel brand to a Cambria, it's worth it--a total of 28K for two stays. I'm not so sure this is a promotion that's worth a "mattress run", however.
Old Today, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by lwildernorva View Post
If you can move two expected stays from another chain or another Choice hotel brand to a Cambria, it's worth it--a total of 28K for two stays. I'm not so sure this is a promotion that's worth a "mattress run", however.
I'm planning on doing a semi-mattress run - I can get one stay naturally, and the second stay I'm planning on doing as a bit of an excuse for a "staycation." There's a Cambria near here that has $89/night rates, which with my SOS code discounts to $71/night. At that point, it's almost worth doing it just for the points, and to me definitely worth it to have a bit of a staycation nearby as well.
Old Today, 2:16 pm

Nice promotion ... In theory

This latest promotion sounds great in theory. The problem is that the Choice IT systems seem to be totally broken. For instance, I've done multiple Cambria stays since the beginning of the promotion, but while the system recognizes that I'm staying at Cambria hotels, it is only giving me the points I'd be entitled to if I were staying at non-Cambria hotels. So I'm not getting the full 20K points I'm entitled to every two stays, but 8K points instead. Weird. The annoying thing is that I can already tell this is going to be a massive mess to untangle. When I call Choice, the reps don't even seem to know about the promotion and don't seem to understand what I'm talking about.

I'm coming from Marriott and have been considering switching my business to some of the higher-end Choice hotels, but the customer service so far is not great.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: