Upcoming Promotion

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 4, 17, 10:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: sdsearch
Wiki Link
This thread has been running for multiple years and is used for every promotion. Do not assume early posts are current; please check the date of the post, or start from end of the thread and work backwards.

Early posts are about former promotions, and the links in former posts may not work for current promotions.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 4, 19, 10:06 am

Another 10K bonus data point

Originally Posted by uElliots View Post
IIRC, its a $42 member rate

it's listed on my email as a daily rate

I did get the email from the promo and clicked on the link from the promo to book this reservation.

So if this member rate won't do it, what rate should I be booking to qualify
I made the above reservation at the $42 member rate

made my one night stay checking in Dec 1st
Posted for 10,8XX points overnight last night.

must say I'm happy and impressed

the property was a dump but I was only there six hours so it was well worth it
Old Dec 5, 19, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, WoH 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Received the 10,000 within a day of checking out. And after the franchisee accidentally canceled my reservation and reinstated it. I did call Choice Privileges to ask if everything was reinstated (the original Choice Privileges Member Preferred rate). Assured that it was, with emphasis on the "four to eight weeks" turnaround.
Old Jan 20, 20, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Firewind View Post
Received the 10,000 within a day of checking out. And after the franchisee accidentally canceled my reservation and reinstated it. I did call Choice Privileges to ask if everything was reinstated (the original Choice Privileges Member Preferred rate). Assured that it was, with emphasis on the "four to eight weeks" turnaround.
Choice is stiffing me on my 10K points. Not surprised given the track record of incompetence at Choice. This was my only paid stay in 2019, my other 2 stays were points redemptions. After 60+ nights at choice properties in 2018 and 75+ in 2017, I'm glad I have all but walked away. Looking forward to ZERO stays in 2020.
Old Jan 21, 20, 10:47 am
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by EVA777 View Post
Choice is stiffing me on my 10K points. Not surprised given the track record of incompetence at Choice. This was my only paid stay in 2019, my other 2 stays were points redemptions. After 60+ nights at choice properties in 2018 and 75+ in 2017, I'm glad I have all but walked away. Looking forward to ZERO stays in 2020.
That is not in line with the impression we want for you to have of our Choice Privileges program. Thank you kindly for being a member all these years and sharing some of your feedback with the Member Madness promotion. My team and I would like another chance to understand what might have occurred on this redemption. At your earliest convenience, feel welcome to send us a private message with your member number, email, telephone, full name, and complete mailing address in association with the account. I appreciate your cooperation in this matter. *Julio
Brendan likes this.
Old Jan 21, 20, 8:40 pm

I appear to be getting stiffed the 10k as well. Registered vie email link on Nov. 21 and made booking the same day. Completed the stay Dec.8. Standard points posted within a couple days as per usual without bonus. Read in thread above that others had seen bonus post with regular points in a matter of days so I contacted customer service after a week.

The first time it was clear the rep. didn't even read the notes re: missing bonus and replied "I am pleased to advise that the points for your stay on 12/08/19 at the Comfort Inn & Suites Airport have been credited to your Choice Privileges account on 12/10/19." referring to the standard amount... so I tried again and got the response 'The bonus points will be added to the member's account within 4-8 weeks after the promotion ends on November 22, 2019.' Now that it has been 8 weeks I contacted Choice again and got the same 4-8 weeks after Nov.22 message. Seeing as posts above confirm points bonus points posting in a couple days and it's been more than the 8 weeks they claim it may take to post it really seems like Choice isn't honoring the promotion for all.
Old Jan 23, 20, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by beesbeesbees View Post
I appear to be getting stiffed the 10k as well. Registered vie email link on Nov. 21 and made booking the same day. Completed the stay Dec.8. Standard points posted within a couple days as per usual without bonus. Read in thread above that others had seen bonus post with regular points in a matter of days so I contacted customer service after a week.

The first time it was clear the rep. didn't even read the notes re: missing bonus and replied "I am pleased to advise that the points for your stay on 12/08/19 at the Comfort Inn & Suites Airport have been credited to your Choice Privileges account on 12/10/19." referring to the standard amount... so I tried again and got the response 'The bonus points will be added to the member's account within 4-8 weeks after the promotion ends on November 22, 2019.' Now that it has been 8 weeks I contacted Choice again and got the same 4-8 weeks after Nov.22 message. Seeing as posts above confirm points bonus points posting in a couple days and it's been more than the 8 weeks they claim it may take to post it really seems like Choice isn't honoring the promotion for all.
Hello there, it is disappointing to learn of your trouble with one of our promotions. We would be happy to look into this further if you still need assistance. Please send us a private message with your Choice Privileges account information. Including your account number, phone number, email, and mailing address. Thank you for your continued loyalty to Choice Hotels. We will be on the lookout for your response. -Taylor
Old Jan 23, 20, 10:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Promotion

Not only am I missing the 10k of the promotion, there is absolutely no record of my 1 night stay at the Rodeway Inn in East Windsor CT. No points, no welcome points, no bonus points for staying on a weeknight, and of course my confirmation number is gone. I previously emailed about this stay and then deleted my confirmation foolishly. All I have is 169 points which is 3 times what I paid-$54.79. And there is no stay listed at all. So I have 2 stays within a week and Choice messed up both of them. Do I need to email after every stay? I just noticed I never got credit for my two nights at an airport hotel in Madrid because supposedly there was no record of my paying despite that I always pay with my Choice card. That stay was about 14 months ago and I never noticed because it was at the beginning of a month long vacation. For a Choice hotel, it was fairly expensive, not to mention, I had to wait about 3 hours to be picked up by the shuttle when I flew a redeye over from JFK to Madrid.
Old Jan 24, 20, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Runner123 View Post
Not only am I missing the 10k of the promotion, there is absolutely no record of my 1 night stay at the Rodeway Inn in East Windsor CT. No points, no welcome points, no bonus points for staying on a weeknight, and of course my confirmation number is gone. I previously emailed about this stay and then deleted my confirmation foolishly. All I have is 169 points which is 3 times what I paid-$54.79. And there is no stay listed at all. So I have 2 stays within a week and Choice messed up both of them. Do I need to email after every stay? I just noticed I never got credit for my two nights at an airport hotel in Madrid because supposedly there was no record of my paying despite that I always pay with my Choice card. That stay was about 14 months ago and I never noticed because it was at the beginning of a month long vacation. For a Choice hotel, it was fairly expensive, not to mention, I had to wait about 3 hours to be picked up by the shuttle when I flew a redeye over from JFK to Madrid.
Oh no! We are disappointed to hear of that bit of misfortune with earning points on those stays. I hope you don't feel too discouraged because we do want to look into what took place. We will need to verify a few pieces of information to confirm these reservations. Please send us a message when you have time with the following: member number, full name, telephone, email, and complete mailing address in association with the account. Additionally, we will also need the confirmation number from these stays, which can be found in the email notification. Include the arrival dates as well, please. Wherever you might find yourself in the world, #OurBusinessIsYou . I will be on the lookout for a message to get this sorted out. *Julio
Old Jan 30, 20, 12:56 pm

missing points

Hey Choice, I sent you 2 messages about my missing points 5 days ago with the information you asked for, and nothing. No response, no acknowledgement, it's like a wasteland.
Old Jan 31, 20, 11:07 pm

Next promo

On a completely diferent topic, anyone have any thoughts on when we might see the next stay twice earn a free night promo? Aren't we about due for one by now?
Old Jan 31, 20, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jeff050 View Post
On a completely diferent topic, anyone have any thoughts on when we might see the next stay twice earn a free night promo? Aren't we about due for one by now?
Last year it didn't start until Feb 26 and ended in late April:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30799189-post201.html

The previous year there wasn't anything until April 2 but ran through mid May.
Firewind, Jeff050 and sokolov like this.
Old Feb 1, 20, 2:48 pm

missing points

Although I've heard from Choice, and they kindly gave me my points for my stay from 2018, I still am missing my 10k in points. I just got a message saying they need to further escalate the investigation, and it will require another 7-10 business days since the promotion ended 8 weeks ago. It didn't sound very promising about giving me my points, either. The inference is it's my fault for reporting it so late even though the promotion said it could take a month for the points to show up.
Old Feb 7, 20, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Runner123 View Post
Although I've heard from Choice, and they kindly gave me my points for my stay from 2018, I still am missing my 10k in points. I just got a message saying they need to further escalate the investigation, and it will require another 7-10 business days since the promotion ended 8 weeks ago. It didn't sound very promising about giving me my points, either. The inference is it's my fault for reporting it so late even though the promotion said it could take a month for the points to show up.
Hey, we understand this is not within your expectations. If there is something else we can do in the meantime, please don't hesitate to follow up. Thank you for your membership and patronage. Your patience is highly appreciated during this time. *Julio
Old Feb 19, 20, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, WoH 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Loved this post on February 19, 2019...

Originally Posted by MiaSkye89 View Post

https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/free-night

OH WE BACK

2-26 to 4-26

[...]
So here we are on February 19, 2020. . . ?

Last edited by Firewind; Feb 19, 20 at 3:36 pm
Old Feb 19, 20, 10:14 pm

Programs: Choice, Marriott, Hilton, Wyndham, Delta, American, Jet Blue, SWA
SPRING PROMO DATES
2015 Feb 19 through ? (2015) Notified on Feb 19
2016 . Mar 3-May 5 (2016) Notified on Feb 13
2017 Mar 2-Apr 27 (2017) Notified on Feb 24
2018 Apr 2-May 25 (2018) Notified on Mar 20
2019 Feb 26 - Apr 26 (2019) Notified Wed, Feb 20

Usually it's Last week of Feb/first week of Mar. The outlier here is 2018 when the Spring Promotion didn't commence until April.

Obviously Choice doesn't want us to know in advance when and what tenure the promo will exist. I'd argue that all this mystery is NOT in their interest. By being secretive all they are doing is suppressing discretionary travel (it'd be more business for them, IMO!)

Last edited by DCABarry; Feb 21, 20 at 1:36 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: