Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
This thread has been running for multiple years and is used for every promotion. Do not assume early posts are current; please check the date of the post, or start from end of the thread and work backwards.

Early posts are about former promotions, and the links in former posts may not work for current promotions.
Print Wikipost

Upcoming Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Now the question is - is it a one per member bonus, or the member is eligible for any number of bonus every 2 stays? There's nothing in T&C.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by iggyray
Now the question is - is it a one per member bonus, or the member is eligible for any number of bonus every 2 stays? There's nothing in T&C.
+1
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
In all of the previous promotions built around this concept, Choice has given a free night for every two stays during the promotion period without limit.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
That is not in question. There would need to be a specific limit if that were the case. There is not a limit. You will get 8,000 for every 2 stays within the time frame
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
In all of the previous promotions built around this concept, Choice has given a free night for every two stays during the promotion period without limit.
Can the night stay paid with "points + cash" or points only still qualify?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Neither will qualify.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Travelomania
+1
Don't just read the T&Cs, read the FAQ:

https://www.choicehotels.com/promo/faqs

It's right there as a question and answer:

How many times can I receive the free night bonus?

You can earn an unlimited number of bonuses! After you register, you’ll earn points for a future free night after every two separate qualifying stays.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Don't just read the T&Cs, read the FAQ:

https://www.choicehotels.com/promo/faqs

It's right there as a question and answer:How many times can I receive the free night bonus?

You can earn an unlimited number of bonuses! After you register, you’ll earn points for a future free night after every two separate qualifying stays.
I read through the Ts & Cs, however, unknowingly ignored the FAQs.
Thank you very much - appreciated ^
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:05 pm

Has anyone gotten points from the "secret site" I was told to wait until the end of March, here we are, and no points.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 5:11 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by MiaSkye89
Has anyone gotten points from the "secret site" I was told to wait until the end of March, here we are, and no points.
Hey, there! Glad you took the time to get in touch about this. I understand how this might have come as a surprise, and we regret to hear you couldn't get those points as planned. If you still haven't received the bonus, we'd like a chance to take another look into this. Please send us a private message so we can get started. Include your membership number, full name, email, telephone, and complete mailing address. Hope we get a chance to connect soon! *Julio
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:25 pm

never mind .... found the statement "hidden" somewhere in account !

Last edited by Travelomania; Apr 13, 2019 at 3:30 pm Reason: ignorance ;)
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Would anyone be able to elaborate on the "secret site"? I have recently started using Choice Hotels again and just booked my second stay during this promotion period. I am looking forward to my free night. I would also like the opportunity to earn points if possible. Thank you!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Staley Cornell
Would anyone be able to elaborate on the "secret site"? I have recently started using Choice Hotels again and just booked my second stay during this promotion period. I am looking forward to my free night. I would also like the opportunity to earn points if possible. Thank you!
A promotion that has now ended.
Points Guy: https://thepointsguy.com/news/choice...-bonus-points/

Still, haven't gotten any 1K points
Staley Cornell likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Staley Cornell
The secret site promotion was a lousy promotion compared to the "free night" (really just 8000+ points) promotion. It was only of value because there were either no other promotions going on back then, or else (during part of the "secret site" period) just a timid double points promotion.

You do realize that the "free night" promotion doesn't actually get you a full free night unless you find a hotel that only charges 8000 points per night? It's still one of the best recurring promotions in the hotel program world, but it shouldn't be overstated.
Staley Cornell likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:24 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
Now a dead period while we wait for and speculate what the next promotion will be and when it will begin. This used to be the time I would shift my low-level stays to Wyndham Rewards, but with the devaluation there, that's not particularly lucrative anymore. So now I don't know what to do. I guess I will just look for the best price I can find regardless of the brand or kick the tires on Priceline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.