Upcoming Promotion

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 4, 17, 10:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: sdsearch
Wiki Link
This thread has been running for multiple years and is used for every promotion. Do not assume early posts are current; please check the date of the post, or start from end of the thread and work backwards.

Early posts are about former promotions, and the links in former posts may not work for current promotions.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 21, 18, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lwildernorva View Post
Got registered just now. And the promo has subtlety changed. It's now 10K for two stays.
Well, if it's only on the confirmation, and with the wrong dates, and contradicted in both the FAQ and T&Cs on the website, and furthermore claiming to be exclusive (targeted) when it's public, I"m not sure I'd count on it being 10k once it's all resolved.

And since I haven't registered yet, I think I'm going to wait. I wouldn't be sure the registrations made so far really count for the real promotion, until / unless people start getting emails correcting the dates at the very least.

And does the Frequently Asked Quesitons link in the confirmation email (as quoted above) work for anyone? For me it just takes me to the main Choice page, presumably because it's for a promotion that expired over a month ago !

Last edited by sdsearch; Mar 21, 18 at 4:14 pm
Old Mar 22, 18, 9:11 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM (NW+DL) FI Gold
Seems strange that this latest promotion is still not on the choice hotels website, or even on the choice privileges news and updates site
https://www.choicehotels.com/

https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-...s/news-updates

I seem to recall in the past getting a "thank you for registering for xxxx" e-mail from Choice, but nothing so far.

Except for the link provided above, this promo doesn't seem to exist. Perhaps this promo was a very last minute implementation by Choice,
but I can't find anything about this promo anywhere but in the link above.
Old Mar 22, 18, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Donna49 View Post
Seems strange that this latest promotion is still not on the choice hotels website, or even on the choice privileges news and updates site
https://www.choicehotels.com/

https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-...s/news-updates

I seem to recall in the past getting a "thank you for registering for xxxx" e-mail from Choice, but nothing so far.

Except for the link provided above, this promo doesn't seem to exist. Perhaps this promo was a very last minute implementation by Choice,
but I can't find anything about this promo anywhere but in the link above.
IIRC correctly, Choice doesn't tend to announce promos this far (2 weeks+) in advance very often. My guess is that someone working on the promo built the website and put it online before the other aspects of the promo were ready to go, and since it was the since link as several previous promos, the person on FT who found it simply found it by trying old links.

And IIRC correctly (and you can verify it by reading back through this thread), it wouldn't be the first time that someone found a link to a new promo that wasn't quite working it. The only thing that's really new in this case is the bogus confirmation email for the wrong promo being mailed out, as documented in posts right above this (including one of yours). I bet that's because the person designing this promo link and related technical stuff put an old confirmation script in as a "stub", not realizing that FTers would discover the link and try to register already!

I think you're seeing how sausage is made at Choice Privileges.
synergistic likes this.
Old Mar 24, 18, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
I never got a confermation email

Originally Posted by rrohio View Post
I just signed up with no problem at all
Never got confirmation email, but when I try to reregister it says I am registered. Did everyone else get an email?
Old Mar 24, 18, 2:52 pm

I did not, just got the (inaccurate?) registration confirmation page. Still not clear on what they're offering this time
Old Mar 24, 18, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rrohio View Post
Never got confirmation email, but when I try to reregister it says I am registered. Did everyone else get an email?
This is an upcoming promotion, so it's mostly covered in the Upcoming Promotions thread, and there you can see the incorrect confirmation email that some people received:

Upcoming Promotion
(starting at post 121)
Old Mar 28, 18, 2:01 pm
Moderator, Alaska Airlines & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR (ex-75K, GLD, 1K, and S+), Choice Diamond, HZ PC, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
FWIW, I just got an email today advising me that I was registered:

sdsearch likes this.
Old Mar 28, 18, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Privileges, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hertz #1 Club Gold
It's back!

https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/free-night
Old Mar 29, 18, 8:12 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, WN, SPG Gold, Choice Platinum, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
FWIW, I just got an email today advising me that I was registered:

Same here. Interesting note--the line about enough points to get a free night to over 1500 hotels is now revised to say over 1000. By next year, Choice may be saying "hundreds and hundreds."

Won't complain too much. It's good to have this promotion back, even if only for about eight weeks.
Old Mar 29, 18, 8:53 am

Programs: #deltaproud, Choice Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver
So true. I do appreciate how they're honest about the fact that most hotels are more than 8,000 points.

It seems like there was a recent enhancement where a lot of properties I remember being 8,000 went up to 10,000, and 6,000s are now basically non-existent. The only 6,000 I could find recently was a property that had recently reflagged to Choice, and I'm assuming they just hadn't updated the point valuation yet.
Old May 25, 18, 2:45 pm

well this was fun, I wonder how long we wait this time....
synergistic likes this.
Old May 27, 18, 2:46 pm

Programs: Choice Plat
Delete
Old Jun 5, 18, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Privileges, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Summer promotion begins June 12th, runs through August 17th. Included, as in the past, is the option to redeem your 8,000 bonus points for selected $50 gift cards.

https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/gift-card#register
lougord99 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 18, 11:55 am

Programs: Choice, Marriott, Hilton, Wyndham, Delta, American, Jet Blue, SWA
Originally Posted by ItsAnAdventure View Post
So true. I do appreciate how they're honest about the fact that most hotels are more than 8,000 points.

It seems like there was a recent enhancement where a lot of properties I remember being 8,000 went up to 10,000, and 6,000s are now basically non-existent. The only 6,000 I could find recently was a property that had recently reflagged to Choice, and I'm assuming they just hadn't updated the point valuation yet.
The buy two, get one "free" offer that Choice has been offering on-and-off for years is very disingenuous, increasingly so with the "point inflation" we've experienced that you reference above.. The Choice Promotion bosses NEED to UPDATE future offers to 10K instead of 8K. (I NEED to be incentivized or I will/do go elsewhere. The Choice "gamble" is a real thing when one books a place one has never been and this sweetener allows me to accept the risk associated with blind bookings at a Choice Hotel.)

I'm also not a fan of the variance of points required from one night to the next (a new thing the last 3 or so years) on many of the hotels where say on Thu the cost is 12K and Fri it is 20K. Sometimes it can work to your advantage but usually it doesn't. I like to stay continuous nights on my points, hating to check in-and-out, and this system can dissuade me from staying at a particular property. Ultimately in the big picture this is Choice's loss since I -and others with like thinking- go outside the Choice "system", IMO.

I have found some 6K point stays in the past year. In both cases they were a "sale" of sorts. One property in NewYorkCity (yea, that high cost place) I got at an Ascend for 5 nights for 30K total, regularly 20K per night (Sun-Thu - the weekend was 25K - not worth it, and I moved to a non-Choice hotel in Times Square). I believe the hotel was in transition to Choice from independent and it appears they (Choice) were just trying to get some action going there. Later that year in Vegas I found a pock-marked scenario at the ComfHot&Suites-Henderson where suites were as low as 6K on selected dates (Usual 20K). I bit and reserved the rooms, bargain hunter that I am!
Old Aug 31, 18, 3:29 pm

Programs: Choice Plat
Fall Promo

https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/free-night
jackal likes this.

Search this Thread