Community
Wiki Posts
Search

points purchased from daily getaway

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Firewind
Pretty frustrating. Got in right at the beginning. Filled in everything to a point. Could not reach the bottom of the form on a 6" x 10" netbook. The page will not scroll. Tried to zoom/reduce it as far as 33% to see more. Could no longer read the print or reach the bottom, still. Alas, and congratulations to whoever got the points.
Not that it matters at this point, but maybe for someone... Went back when it was all over but the crying whining, and did a dry run from my smartphone right up to the last step on another vendor's offer. It was all formatted to make things work just fine on the smartphone. [Forehead smack.]

Last edited by Firewind; May 17, 2019 at 5:38 am Reason: Fixed it.
Old May 16, 2019, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
Woke up at 1:50am to get in on the Getaways. I scored a few packages at various levels. I am hoping the trouble with availability in Japan is just a glitch.
Ha, I had to do the same thing from China a couple years ago. Glad the website works overseas (often a problem on merchant sites), since most foreigners aren't allowed to buy these.

Honestly, the reason I try to max out this offer is that, even if it continues every year, I don't know if I'll be in a position to be at a computer on the certain day at 1 pm. They don't give you much advance notice. Like I've missed the deal by being on an airplane at the sale time. It's not so easy to train "normal people" to click these buttons at precisely the right second.
Old May 16, 2019, 5:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by iahphx
Ha, I had to do the same thing from China a couple years ago. Glad the website works overseas (often a problem on merchant sites), since most foreigners aren't allowed to buy these.

Honestly, the reason I try to max out this offer is that, even if it continues every year, I don't know if I'll be in a position to be at a computer on the certain day at 1 pm. They don't give you much advance notice. Like I've missed the deal by being on an airplane at the sale time. It's not so easy to train "normal people" to click these buttons at precisely the right second.
It's very easy to train even some normal people to do this stuff. They can practice on earlier, low-demand sales. Preparation and practice are effective enough -- not effective enough to exceed any and all bot-type attempts to pick up the packages, but effective enough. The macro/bot use would be a way bigger problem if there wasn't a cap to the number of times a given bank card number could be used for a given deal package.

Most foreigners are allowed to buy these deals as long as they have a bank card that gets accepted for processing on the site for these deals; then it works fine too.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:53 am

Very frustrating I got in on the 55K then kept getting my address didn't match the credit card, bounced after 3 attempts. Then got in on 42K same issue different card bounced again 3 strikes and out.
Now I was playing the click game trying to get in. Didn't understand, same address for 26 years, the same way I enter it for every purchase no matter the card.
Got in on the 14K and used wife's Amex and that worked, never was able to get back on the 55K but lucky to get back in on 42K with the Amex and then had to go to a meeting.

Strange because they were validating the card since I was getting notifications of $1 charges, and they are still listed as pending for each attempt of the 6.
Old May 16, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Daily Getaways's customer service answered this morning with a brief, non-canned, response. At least a person knows.
Old May 17, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
The incorrect address for credit card issue is one that has kept me from buying points in the past.

This year I had a problem with the page not displaying fully on my laptop in Google Chrome. After filling out a box, I had to make sure and click somewhere off the side of the page to allow me to scroll down page using Page Down key.

I initially landed on three purchase pages by using two computers and my phone to hit 55K, 42K and 28K sales. Once I had the landing page loaded on my device, then 7 minutes to fill out each form.
Old May 17, 2019, 6:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by satori
The incorrect address for credit card issue is one that has kept me from buying points in the past.

This year I had a problem with the page not displaying fully on my laptop in Google Chrome. After filling out a box, I had to make sure and click somewhere off the side of the page to allow me to scroll down page using Page Down key.

I initially landed on three purchase pages by using two computers and my phone to hit 55K, 42K and 28K sales. Once I had the landing page loaded on my device, then 7 minutes to fill out each form.
7 minutes for the form to submit the Choice membership number. 5 minutes to submit (or complete?) payment form after that.
Old May 17, 2019, 4:15 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by Chancellor Todd
That means you can't use points to book a 3-night stay at a Cambria? What about cash+points? Is it just for points obtained for this promotion or for all Choice points?
Hey, that's a great question! Apologies in advance for any confusion my reply might have caused. I am happy to help clarify. Points purchased in our Daily Getaway promotion may be used at any of our locations. As long as you have enough points to cover the number of nights you'd like to apply toward these reward nights, you are golden! Let us know if we can help out with anything else. Travel safe! *Julio
Old May 17, 2019, 4:33 pm

When does Choice Privileges points purchased through Daily Getaways post?

Hi! I purchased some Choice points on Wednesday through Daily Getaways. Can anyone tell me how long does it usually take for the points to post to my account? Has anyone's points already posted in their accounts?
I am looking to make a booking for July. So I would love to see the points in my account ASAP.
Thanks!
Old May 18, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by sayanroysr
Hi! I purchased some Choice points on Wednesday through Daily Getaways. Can anyone tell me how long does it usually take for the points to post to my account? Has anyone's points already posted in their accounts?
I am looking to make a booking for July. So I would love to see the points in my account ASAP.
Thanks!
The promotion terms say 10 days, and in the several years that I've purchased points, they haven't gotten them into my account much faster than that. I bought a package on Wednesday as well, and they still haven't posted.
Old May 18, 2019, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Most foreigners are allowed to buy these deals as long as they have a bank card that gets accepted for processing on the site for these deals; then it works fine too.
Just thought I'd clarify here - the promotion isn't just exclusively for US residents. They make it pretty clear on the site, in the forms, etc. that Canadian residents (except those in Quebec) also qualify for the promotion and sweepstakes! That being said, it is great to see they haven't blocked overseas computers from accessing the site since I'm presently in the UK and couldn't get in on it as a Canadian.

Safe Travels,

James
Old May 19, 2019, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Over at least the most recent 5 years including this one, I have been outside of the US for most of the purchases I’ve made on Daily Getaways. But using my US bank cards and my US addresses has worked just fine for them.
Old May 20, 2019, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
The promotion terms say 10 days, and in the several years that I've purchased points, they haven't gotten them into my account much faster than that. I bought a package on Wednesday as well, and they still haven't posted.
Thanks for the helpful info! This is the first time I purchased points through Daily Getaways, so was a bit anxious!
Old May 20, 2019, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by j2simpso
Just thought I'd clarify here - the promotion isn't just exclusively for US residents. They make it pretty clear on the site, in the forms, etc. that Canadian residents (except those in Quebec) also qualify for the promotion and sweepstakes! That being said, it is great to see they haven't blocked overseas computers from accessing the site since I'm presently in the UK and couldn't get in on it as a Canadian.

Safe Travels,

James
Last year I was on SK939 (ARN-LAX) during the Choice sale and purchased points somewhere over Northern Canada, and to think ten years ago I was against installing wifi on airplanes....
Old May 21, 2019, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
In the Terms and Conditions tab it actually says 7 Business Days. On the Redemption Tab it says 10 Business Days. I love when companies write conflicting answers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.