points purchased from daily getaway

Old May 13, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
Hi there! We see that another commenter answered this question. They were correct. You may redeem a free night for as little as 6,000 points. Reward nights worldwide are available from 6,000 to 35,000 points. For more details, visit our website: https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-...ations#rewards. If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know. Thanks for being a Choice Privileges member. Safe travels! *Julio
Thank you for confirming as the description stated,"You can use your points to book up to a 2-night stay at participating Cambria Hotels location in the U.S. "
Old May 14, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: DL-Platinum
I just searched for award nights in Stockholm and Oslo and all are now showing sold out. I did the same search a few days ago. Do you think this is in response to tomorrow's Daily Getaways?

If anyone can find award availability for Stockholm in June, please let me know.
Old May 14, 2019, 1:46 pm

"You can use your points to book up to a 2-night stay at participating Cambria Hotels location in the U.S. "
That means you can't use points to book a 3-night stay at a Cambria? What about cash+points? Is it just for points obtained for this promotion or for all Choice points?
Old May 14, 2019, 1:56 pm

Appreciate the reply. I searched if there is a limit on how far ahead can one look for award and I couldnt find that on Choice program web page or when I googled. So now I know. Just needed a nite in Tokyo for a layover. Will check within the 100 days. Thank you!

* I did a quick search for Aug and all I get is sold out on many days.
Old May 14, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Angry

Originally Posted by gregman858
I just searched for award nights in Stockholm and Oslo and all are now showing sold out. I did the same search a few days ago. Do you think this is in response to tomorrow's Daily Getaways?

If anyone can find award availability for Stockholm in June, please let me know.
I got the same "sold out" result, Stockholm and Oslo and in French also. I will not buy points tomorrow.
Old May 15, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: DL-Platinum
This is pretty disappointing. Just last week, there was availability almost everyday. It seems like these hotels have now put a block on booking with points for every single day of the summer for Sweden and Norway hotels.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Nothing in all of Japan?

Originally Posted by Keflyer
Can someone kindly check for me if there is 1 award nite available on Nov 16 in Tokyo? The system is telling me award room can be booked for stay before Aug 22 ? Thank you!
A couple days ago I saw option in Nara for 8,000. Now nothing in 4 cities and a wide range of dates, all before August 22.

Is is this a website problem?

Is is there an easier way to find a calendar of available rooms?
Old May 15, 2019, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
A couple days ago I saw option in Nara for 8,000. Now nothing in 4 cities and a wide range of dates, all before August 22. Is is this a website problem?
Choice hotels has made a significant number of their more desirable overseas properties entirely unavailable for award bookings... right before today's big annual Daily Getaways sale (where they flood the market with cheap Choice points).

Anyone else nervous about a Choice devaluation immediately after the Choice point sale today?
Old May 15, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Originally Posted by milemission
Does anyone know when will the points deposit in our account after we buy them from Daily Getaway? The site said in 10 days. I'm afraid the room will be sold out by then. What was the experience from prior years? Thank you!
In years past it has taken about 10 business days. Generally not a quick deposit.
Old May 15, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by mster
Choice hotels has made a significant number of their more desirable overseas properties entirely unavailable for award bookings... right before today's big annual Daily Getaways sale (where they flood the market with cheap Choice points).

Anyone else nervous about a Choice devaluation immediately after the Choice point sale today?
Actually, I think if there's a deliberate blocking of Choice overseas properties, that would probably argue against a devaluation. Choice figured out a better way to devalue several years ago with the institution of 30,000 point redemptions, initially available at only a few properties and now at many more, and variable points pricing per day combined with their already existing policy of quarterly changes in the range of points required for a redemption at each property. While still technically correct that the current (and similar stay 2/get 8K points throughout the year) promo can get you a night at some Choice properties, those numbers have been drastically reduced over the past 5-10 years.
Old May 15, 2019, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Actually, I think if there's a deliberate blocking of Choice overseas properties, that would probably argue against a devaluation. Choice figured out a better way to devalue several years ago with the institution of 30,000 point redemptions, initially available at only a few properties and now at many more, and variable points pricing per day combined with their already existing policy of quarterly changes in the range of points required for a redemption at each property. While still technically correct that the current (and similar stay 2/get 8K points throughout the year) promo can get you a night at some Choice properties, those numbers have been drastically reduced over the past 5-10 years.
Yes, Choice has aggressively devalued the program in recent years. Why would Choice blocking award bookings at some of their most desirable properties be an argument against them devaluing the affected properties though?
Old May 15, 2019, 7:33 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by gregman858

Nordic Choice hotels are all unavailable for booking using Choice (US) points. I've never before seen such a problem with using Choice points for Nordic Choice hotels. Something happened to make them all unavailable for redemption; the question is what hit to cause this.
Old May 15, 2019, 7:36 am
Suspended

Yes, Choice has aggressively devalued the program in recent years. Why would Choice blocking award bookings at some of their most desirable properties be an argument against them devaluing the affected properties though?
It wouldn't be a good argument.

I've seen what Nordic Choice hotels get paid by Choice (US) for redemption bookings. And given how strong the USD is against the relevant Nordic currencies as of late, any point price hike for these properties would just be Choice (US) milking its loyalty program and customers even further.
Old May 15, 2019, 7:43 am

Definitely a Choice issue or intentional action by Choice.

All Scandinavian properties can still be booked with Nordic Choice points / all Japan properties can still be booked with Choice Guest Club. These are both separate regional programs, but the inventory has historically been similar.
Old May 15, 2019, 7:48 am
Suspended

Definitely a Choice issue or intentional action by Choice.

All Scandinavian properties can still be booked with Nordic Choice points / all Japan properties can still be booked with Choice Guest Club. These are both separate regional programs, but the inventory has historically been similar.
I have been expecting a break-up in the ability to use Choice points for Nordic Choice hotels as I've been doing. The talk of strategic orientation from Nordic Choice hotels' owner seemed to be one of increasingly distancing itself from Choice (US/International). That will have consequences -- eventually, if not already -- on my ability to continue to redeem points for Nordic Choice hotels.

And I'm a Nordic Choice Club member with beaucoup points in that program too. Everything on that end seems fine when I am trying to use Nordic Choice Club points this week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.