points purchased from daily getaway

Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I'm trying not to obsessively check my account multiple times a day, but it's only been 5 days since the sale.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:32 am

As of 4/16 8:31a EDT, nope. I won't check again until tomorrow morning, it will be hard and I might need 12 steps but I won't check!!!.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:40 am

Since the steamer isn't due into Baltimore for another 4 days, it could be a while yet. Add to that an extra day or two waiting on the Rockville stagecoach, and the strongbox may not reach Choice Hotels headquarters until sometime next week.
ukinny2000 likes this.

Last edited by flightline; Apr 16, 2018 at 9:55 am
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flightline
Since the steamer isn't due into Baltimore for another 4 days, it could be awhile yet. Add to that an extra day or two waiting on the Rockville stagecoach, and the strongbox may not reach Choice Hotels headquarters until sometime next week.
I've bought points from them several times in this promotion and they've been pretty good of late getting your points credited. I'd be surprised if we don't have them in the next day or two. Just check for accuracy, though. I think they accurately credited me the points the past two years but, before that, they've made mistakes. I'm guessing you won't complain, though, unless they short you points.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:03 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by iahphx
I've bought points from them several times in this promotion and they've been pretty good of late getting your points credited. I'd be surprised if we don't have them in the next day or two. Just check for accuracy, though. I think they accurately credited me the points the past two years but, before that, they've made mistakes. I'm guessing you won't complain, though, unless they short you points.
They have credited some accounts (and I have seen it with my own eyes ) with as much as about half a million extra points in accounts. Eventually they did correct it. In other words, they have an audit process to start it right — with or without complaints.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
YAY, my points posted sometime in the last ~6 hours!
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:04 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by boxo
YAY, my points posted sometime in the last ~6 hours!
All mine posted during the last 2 hours or so.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Thanks, Boxo! I just checked my Choice account in response to your post & mine have arrived, too! Today is the 8th total day & 6th business day after the April 10 sale!
The delay is bad for those who bought points to transfer to Aeroplan because their 25% bonus deal ended yesterday! A poor deal normally, an OK deal with the bonus!
boxo likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nsx
All mine posted during the last 2 hours or so.
Same here. They seemed to have been at least somewhat more efficient this year than a few years back, even as they had a lot more points to post to accounts this time.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
got my points!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:26 am

All Good
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know a way on the Choice website to see a statement of your point activity, so I can check their math on my point purchases? It looks about right, but I don't remember exactly how many points I had before the Daily Getaways purchase. In years past, there was a somewhat hidden way to pull up an account statement, but I don't see that feature any more. Honestly, that's pathetic, but in fairness, a lot of loyalty programs are bad in displaying your points activity.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:19 pm

Does anyone know a way on the Choice website to see a statement of your point activity, so I can check their math on my point purchases? It looks about right, but I don't remember exactly how many points I had before the Daily Getaways purchase. In years past, there was a somewhat hidden way to pull up an account statement, but I don't see that feature any more. Honestly, that's pathetic, but in fairness, a lot of loyalty programs are bad in displaying your points activity.
Go to "MY ACTIVITY" > "FULL-STAY HISTORY" > select the desired calendar quarter and click "VIEW". Daily Getaways points show up at the bottom under "POINTS ADJUSTED". I think the path is a bit different on the Choice Hotels mobile app.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Use the Choice mobile app: sign in, click on “home”, click on the points number shown, click on “point history”, then click on “current activity”. That will show you more detail than I used to get in some prior years.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dadofsix
Go to "MY ACTIVITY" > "FULL-STAY HISTORY" > select the desired calendar quarter and click "VIEW". Daily Getaways points show up at the bottom under "POINTS ADJUSTED". I think the path is a bit different on the Choice Hotels mobile app.
Perfect! Thank you. As I expected, all my points are properly in my account, as well as my wife's account. And that's a nice feature to know about for the future.

For the life of me, I do not understand why so many travel loyalty programs hide this basic information: how many points you've earned and spent. It would be like a bank not making it easy to find your deposits and withdrawals on your checking account. For some reason, do they not want you to know?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.