Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Transferring points to spouse's southwest account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2013, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum

Is this allowed or working? I need this for the companion program.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:31 pm

Bump. :-)
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I am fairly certain that people have posted here that this can be done, but I don't have the energy to find the thread.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: Choice Privileges, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hertz #1 Club Gold
This should work

If nothing else works, you could change the Rapid Rewards number in your Choice Privileges profile to your wife's, and vice versa, if necessary, then transfer the points.

Recently, however, the "new and improved" Choice website was not allowing the addition of frequent flyer accounts. You would have to call and have an agent do it. Maybe the problem has been fixed.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:52 am

I'm bumping this old thread in light of the new "Rewards Exchange" program and the inability to transfer Southwest points online. Anyone run into issues transferring to a spouse's account over the phone if the RR # in the CP profile is the spouse's?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:06 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by redbirdsj
I'm bumping this old thread in light of the new "Rewards Exchange" program and the inability to transfer Southwest points online. Anyone run into issues transferring to a spouse's account over the phone if the RR # in the CP profile is the spouse's?
It won't work. The first thing the CP staffer will do is check the Rapid Rewards number against some sort of database. The person will then politely inform you that the name does not match. I don't know why CP cares, but they do.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:56 am

I transferred 90K Choice points to SWA over a week ago and they still haven't posted. In past years it didn't take so long. Even Hyatt transfers seem delayed. Sure hope they all carry over by the March deadline :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.