Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Fall 2012 Promotion: "Take two trips, earn one free night" Arr: 8/30 - 11/14/12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fall 2012 Promotion: "Take two trips, earn one free night" Arr: 8/30 - 11/14/12

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Is there a limit of one free night offer on this or can it be repeated? I have some plans where the Choice properties are acceptable and some Tokyo nights I'd like to be free.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Is there a limit of one free night offer on this or can it be repeated? I have some plans where the Choice properties are acceptable and some Tokyo nights I'd like to be free.
As the first post in this thread indicates, an uncapped promo.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 4:53 pm

Quality Resort ?

Can anyone confirm that a stay at a Quality Resort qualifies for this promotion ?

This is probably obvious to Choice regulars. But I am a complete newcomer to the Choice brand and don't want to screw up my bonus.

Thanks very much.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
If your reservation can be cancelled after booking, you can simply make a reservation and the confirmation will tell you if it qualifies for points.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thebobmc
Can anyone confirm that a stay at a Quality Resort qualifies for this promotion ?

This is probably obvious to Choice regulars. But I am a complete newcomer to the Choice brand and don't want to screw up my bonus.
If you could please name the specific hotel in question, then we could be more sure of our answer, as it depends in part on where it is.

However, the general answer is:

1. If a paid rate at the hotel earns Choice Privileges points (when booked through the Choice website), it'll show you "this stay is eligible for earning points" as you're making your reservation. If it isn't, it'll show "this stay is not eligible". (You have to be logged in while making the reservation, of course, to see this.)

For example, a Quality hotel in the US should show "is eligible". A Quality hotel in Japan or Norway will show "is not eligible".

2. Once it's established that it earns points, if it's a Quality property, you only need a one-night stay to qualify as a "trip" for this promotion. (Some brands, such as EconoLodge, require a two-night-minimum stay to qualify as a "trip" for this promotion.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 13, 2012 at 2:45 am
Old Sep 13, 2012, 6:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Makes the Promo sense ?

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Yaay, they finally got rid of the confusing (to many) "any booking channel" verbage and actually spelled out the specific ways that elites can book! ^

And they actually spelled out the 5,000 point minimum ahead of time (previuoosy we only knew that from followup individual questions to Choice).

And the "online booking bonus" for elites is new too.

On the first view it looks sweet but then I am thinking that 5'000 points equal to a value of 55 $ and if I have to invest two nights at 50 $ each in order to get 55 $ back it doesn't make sense this promotion - unless you need some hotel bookings. But just for a mattress run? - Rather not.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
On the first view it looks sweet but then I am thinking that 5'000 points equal to a value of 55 $ and if I have to invest two nights at 50 $ each in order to get 55 $ back it doesn't make sense this promotion - unless you need some hotel bookings. But just for a mattress run? - Rather not.
As with all programs, depends on the value you can get from the earned points. If the properties you're interested in don't give you more than a one cent/point return, then yes, this promo makes no sense for mattress runs.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
This promotion is a bit odd

While I like the fact you can earn Free Nights, I find it a bit unusual that you are awarded between 5,000 and 8,000 points instead of one or the other when you complete two trips. I also have looked at a lot of hotels that I would like to stay at and most of them take 20 to 25,000 points per night, not the measly 8,000 points you can earn.

All this means is your going to have to stay more nights to get more points but still being able to stay say 6 times at different hotels and get 24,000 points is better than what anyone is offering right now.

Still its a bit unusual to not be sure exactly how many points will be put into your account once you complete the two stays. Perhaps some one can explain how you can be sure.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:46 am

You will receive at least 8,000 points for the 2 stays. The 5,000 point minimum for the second stay is if you stayed at a very expensive hotel for the first stay which gave you more than 3,000 points.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
While I like the fact you can earn Free Nights, I find it a bit unusual that you are awarded between 5,000 and 8,000 points instead of one or the other when you complete two trips. I also have looked at a lot of hotels that I would like to stay at and most of them take 20 to 25,000 points per night, not the measly 8,000 points you can earn.

All this means is your going to have to stay more nights to get more points but still being able to stay say 6 times at different hotels and get 24,000 points is better than what anyone is offering right now.

Still its a bit unusual to not be sure exactly how many points will be put into your account once you complete the two stays. Perhaps some one can explain how you can be sure.
I agree with you, that this promo is quite weak in a general context (someone who don't leave North America for example), but could be extremely good in some situations (especially if traveling in Europe during September - November)
Old Sep 17, 2012, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
BRG night counts ?

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
I agree with you, that this promo is quite weak in a general context (someone who don't leave North America for example), but could be extremely good in some situations (especially if traveling in Europe during September - November)
If I have a BRG rate, i.e. a free night (where some taxes or a drink from the minibar) will be charged, does this stay count for the promotion?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 9:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
A ton of continental EUro zone properties are available for 8k points per night.

Redemption stays in this area usually count for elite status credit but it is not normal for redemption stays in this area to be applicable for promotional credit.

Don't have experience with Choice BRG stays and promotional credit, but incidental charges on redemption stays have almost never worked for me in this area.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Interesting posting of points.

Stay 1: 3 night stay with 84.99 rate: was awarded 3,163 points (base plus plat bonus)
Stay 2: 4 night stay with 98.99 rate: was awarded 9,900 points (it looks like I got base plus plat plus 5,000)
Old Oct 1, 2012, 5:39 pm

Which is exactly what you should have gotten.

This promo awards the equivalent of 8,000 points combined for the second stay with a 5,000 point minimum on the second stay.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 12:13 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Yes....what seems totally dumb about these promos is that the MORE you stay/spend, the FEWER bonus points you.

if you stay single nights, on a low rate, you'll get more free points(closer to 8,000) than if you spend ALOT of money on your stays (minimum of 5,000).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.