Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Undercover Boss this week- Choice Hotels CEO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

Choice Hotels CEO, Steve Joyce, is on Undercover Boss right now. He's cleaning a toilet and sweating like a you know what. Most of these shows are pretty good. Grab the popcorn & have a look.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Choice Hotels CEO, Steve Joyce, is on Undercover Boss right now. He's cleaning a toilet and sweating like a you know what. Most of these shows are pretty good. Grab the popcorn & have a look.
It is scheduled to be on again at 3 pm central time July 4 on TLC as part of a July 4 mini-marathon. (Some cable channels have east coast and west coast feeds, so check your IPG for the time at your location.)

A thread about the episode when it first aired in 2010:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choic...ss-9-26-a.html
Old Jul 16, 2012, 4:57 am

It is really very complicated to search a hotel.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:31 pm

Programs: Skymiles, Mileage Plus
I watched this episode on YouTube. I do appreciate the bosses going undercover but I really wish they would follow through on their promises. Take Brian Bedford. Has anyone noticed improvement on Choice Hotel brands since this aired? Any free coffee at Suburbia Hotels.

The Cambria Suites look really nice and I think I would love to try one at some point.

Charlie.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AviationFan24
I watched this episode on YouTube. I do appreciate the bosses going undercover but I really wish they would follow through on their promises. Take Brian Bedford. Has anyone noticed improvement on Choice Hotel brands since this aired? Any free coffee at Suburbia Hotels.
Was that a specific promise? (I presume you meant Suburban.) At any rate, I've never seen a Suburban hotel in my life, before or after, so I couldn't judge improvement there.

However, since that aired originally in 2010:

There's been the Comfort Inn cleanup/standardization (including standardized breafkfasts that are noticeably better than before at most hotels, for example always seem to have real hard-boiled eggs now, as opposed to often only dubious egg product patties before).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choic...g-rapidly.html

The newspaper switched from USA Today to Wall Street Journal (which some people, though not everyone, consider an improvement):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choic...just-here.html

There may be more, but those come to mind. (And I stay mostly at Comfort, sometimes at Quality, very occasionally at Sleep, very occasionally at Clarion but only overseas, and just about never at the other brands so far. So improvements or changes chainwide at Comfort Inn are easier for me to spot than at the other brands.)
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Hi sdsearch thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences about Choice Hotels. Sounds like things are on the upswing.

Charlie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.