FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Choice | Choice Privileges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges-640/)
-   -   5/17-8/15/12: 2 stays = 8,000 points or $50 gift card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges/1341796-5-17-8-15-12-2-stays-8-000-points-50-gift-card.html)

Firewind May 1, 2012 4:00 pm

5/17-8/15/12: 2 stays = 8,000 points or $50 gift card

Touted primarily as the $50 gift card, but it's for 8,000 points, which can be redeemed for the $50 GC. The expiry on choosing the latter path is 9/30/12. T&c don't say (yet?) if it's capped (screen shot time?) or the usual about elite booking channel flexibility.

Bravo, Choice! They must like this as much as we do. Only a week between rounds, this time. ^

Most of the (usual) t&c:

Member must register at ChoiceHotels.com before arrival and book their stays at ChoiceHotels.com or 800.4CHOICE at qualifying rates. Choice Privileges member number must be provided upon check-in. After a second qualifying stay with arrival between 5/17/12 and 8/15/12, you will be awarded enough bonus points to reach the 8,000 point level, which can be redeemed until 9/30/12 for one (1) $50 gift card at defined retailers on ChoiceHotels.com/giftcard. For Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Quality®, Sleep Inn®, Clarion®, Cambria Suites® or Ascend Collection® hotels, a stay is defined as any number of consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. For Econo Lodge®, Rodeway Inn®, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel®, or MainStay Suites® hotels, a stay is defined as two (2) or more consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. [...]
NB: This came through in an email today, but it didn't have a link to the promo yet. Probably so as not to confuse the two rounds. Perhaps if I'm otherwise engaged, the first person who finds the the new promo page might provide the link, and I'll add it to this OP.

Yul_voyager May 1, 2012 4:20 pm

So, another 8k/2stays promo after the current one ? ^

Firewind May 1, 2012 4:23 pm

Um, minor and temporary glitch: Can't register for it yet, as the registration page for the 3/8-5/8/12 round is still up... Hopefully Choice catches up with itself in timely fashion. (Actually not a bad glitch if it's because of a very short hiatus.) Wonder why they wouldn't just say, "THIS JUST IN! 1+1=FREE EXTENDED THROUGH 8/15/12!" Market test?

lougord99 May 1, 2012 5:30 pm

Info on the last promo was out at least 2-3 days before signup was available.

sdsearch May 2, 2012 5:55 am

Originally Posted by Firewind (Post 18495167)
Wonder why they wouldn't just say, "THIS JUST IN! 1+1=FREE EXTENDED THROUGH 8/15/12!" Market test?

Because they wanted to market the current one as a free night, but the next one as a $50 GC (even though it earns the same number of points which can be used the same way).

And also because they wanted a one-week gap, which they couldn't have if it was an extension! (The current one expires 5/8, the next one doesn't start till 5/17.)

Btw, I wonder how in the world they pick the days of the week to start and end these promos on? Both promos start on a Thu, but the current one ends on a Tue and the next one ends on a Wed! :confused:

lwildernorva May 2, 2012 7:52 am

Interesting. Sort of like a football team running a play from one formation and then, the next play, running the exact same play but disguised in a different formation or with a different man in motion.

Certainly not complaining as this type of promo does not require a lot of thinking. A lot of hotel hopping, yes, but thinking, no.

sdsearch May 3, 2012 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva (Post 18498896)
Certainly not complaining as this type of promo does not require a lot of thinking. A lot of hotel hopping, yes, but thinking, no.

Well, unless your hotel hopping requires a lot of thinking, as in "which way should I drive now", because "which hotel am I staying at tonight?" :D

To parphrase a classic movie ttile: If it's Tuesday, it must that Comfort Inn over there, not this Comfort Inn over here. :)

Firewind May 3, 2012 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 18508436)
Well, unless your hotel hopping requires a lot of thinking, as in "which way should I drive now", because "which hotel am I staying at tonight?" :D

To paraphrase a classic movie title: If it's Tuesday, it must that Comfort Inn over there, not this Comfort Inn over here. :)

Um... you've called out my number (@SFO).

honu May 6, 2012 8:06 am

Does anyone know if this promo includes hotels outside of the US? Specifically, Australia and New Zealand? I couldn't find any info about it.

brasov02 May 7, 2012 3:55 pm

I'm trying to rack up enough points in my Southwest Rapid Rewards account to qualify for their companion pass. Just wondering if crediting my Choice stay to my RR account for the 600 points/night would alter or in any way effect this 2nights=8,000 points/$50 card deal?

lowfareair May 7, 2012 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by brasov02 (Post 18531163)
I'm trying to rack up enough points in my Southwest Rapid Rewards account to qualify for their companion pass. Just wondering if crediting my Choice stay to my RR account for the 600 points/night would alter or in any way effect this 2nights=8,000 points/$50 card deal?

You must have points selected to earn the 8k. Note that it is 2 STAYS, not nights, to qualify. Also note that you earn 600 WN points per stay, but 6,000 Choice points can be converted to 1,800 WN points. That method nets you 1,800 WN points plus 2,000 Choice points per 2 stays vs. 1200 points when you choose to earn WN points directly.

brasov02 May 7, 2012 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by lowfareair (Post 18531229)
You must have points selected to earn the 8k. Note that it is 2 STAYS, not nights, to qualify. Also note that you earn 600 WN points per stay, but 6,000 Choice points can be converted to 1,800 WN points. That method nets you 1,800 WN points plus 2,000 Choice points per 2 stays vs. 1200 points when you choose to earn WN points directly.

Excellent point. I didn't think about the transfer value of the Choice points. I'll definitely just stick with Choice earnings.
Thanks!

pavemental May 9, 2012 4:49 pm

There hasn't been a signup link posted anywhere yet that I can find. I wonder if this promo is going to happen.

onthego15 May 9, 2012 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by pavemental (Post 18545386)
There hasn't been a signup link posted anywhere yet that I can find. I wonder if this promo is going to happen.

The promo doesn't start until May 17. Be patient.

AC_Good_Will May 12, 2012 11:30 pm

go for $50