Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

5/17-8/15/12: 2 stays = 8,000 points or $50 gift card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5/17-8/15/12: 2 stays = 8,000 points or $50 gift card

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When they run these promos the reduced gift card redemption cost (50% off!) makes for some good opportunities to use up (expiring) points that one doesn't otherwise foresee using.
Old May 16, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: Choice Privlidges Elite Diamond- 120+ Choice Privileges nights/year, Delta, UA
Well, it's the 16th. I haven't seen anything official on this or a sign-up yet. Has anyone else?
Old May 16, 2012, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by n dakota
Well, it's the 16th. I haven't seen anything official on this or a sign-up yet. Has anyone else?
I see nothing on the web site yet. I guess check back on 5/17/2012.
Old May 16, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
I am currently at Quality Hotel Axel opera in Paris. Just saw flyers about a double point promo for summer... Hope it's just differents promo for differents area...
Old May 16, 2012, 10:40 pm

Anyone see where to sign up for this? thanks
Old May 17, 2012, 4:01 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.

www.choicehotels.com
Old May 17, 2012, 7:13 am

I read the T&Cs (what little there is of it), and it appears that previously booked reservations aren't excluded, but I'm unclear whether this promo is limited to hotels in the US and Canada (you have to be US- or Canada-based to participate, as usual), or if it's valid anywhere Choice has hotels. Does anyone know more?
Old May 17, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: American - Platinum Pro, Marriott - Platinum
Gift Card vs redeeming for hotel stay

For the points earned thru this promo, while the $50 gift card can only be redeemed until 9/30, what if I'd rather redeem the 8000 points for hotel stay?

Is there a time limit to that too?

Checking as not mentioned in the promo.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 17, 2012, 4:00 pm

Programs: PC Plat, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by rubyslippers
Anyone see where to sign up for this? thanks
http://www.choicehotels.com/giftcard...ash1SUMERPROMO
Old May 18, 2012, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by raj_cl
For the points earned thru this promo, while the $50 gift card can only be redeemed until 9/30, what if I'd rather redeem the 8000 points for hotel stay?

Is there a time limit to that too?

Checking as not mentioned in the promo.
I think they feel it doesn't need to be mentioned in the promo because redeeming for hotel stays is the normal (always available) method of redeeming. The redemption for gift cards, while it does generally exist, usually requires twice as many points, and thus it's the 8000 point price on gift card redemption which expired after 9/30.

Now, which hotels are 8000 points can come and go too, but the ability to use hotel points (at whatever rate it is) is not expiring in general (and when and if each hotel's rate changes is specific to that hotel, and thus not related to this promo).

Try not to think of it, though, strictly as redeeming 8000 for a hotel stay. You may or may not be able to do that when the time comes, depending on where you want to stay and when. Think of it as accumulating points at the rate of 8000 points for every two stays, and then redeeming them at whatever rate you do find you can redeem them at.
Old May 18, 2012, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

is it uncapped for everyone, including non-elites?

Curiously, the T&Cs don't explain whether you can earn the 8000 points an unlimited number of times during this promo. Now, once I registered, I did get a page which said that. But I'm Diamond Elite at Choice, and so I cannot tell whether this page was specific to me or not. (There have been some promos in the past where high-enough elites could earn unlimited, but lower elites and non-elites were somewhat capped.)

Can someone who's not elite and who registered for this promo please report whether their screen said they could earn an unlimited number of times? Thanks.
Old May 18, 2012, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Can someone who's not elite and who registered for this promo please report whether their screen said they could earn an unlimited number of times? Thanks.
No status with Choice, but when I registered using the email that I received from Choice:

You can now begin to earn an unlimited amount of gift cards during the promotion
Old May 22, 2012, 1:14 pm
NLS

With this promo will the cost of the gift cards drop to 8,000 at some point? Right now they all still seem to be at 16,000 points. Thanks!
Old May 22, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
You will only be allowed to purchase the number of gift cards for 8,000 that you actually earn. So until you have stayed twice and received the bonus, you will not see any available at 8,000.

Last edited by lougord99; May 23, 2012 at 2:29 am
Old May 23, 2012, 10:34 pm

Programs: Airtran A+ Rewards, Delta Sky Miles, US Airways Dividend Miles, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club
$50 gas card - can I do this multiple times?

And is a stay REALLY for just one night ? If I stay four nights at the Comfort Inn here in town, will I get 16000 points or $100 in gas? Or do I have to check-in/check-out to trigger it.

Marriott says "regardless of check-out activity" in their promotions, too, but they don't really mean it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.