Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by mypiglet
Thank you,but I wonder weather the rate show in Choice website includes FREE breakfast?
Go to the hotel's main page have a look at hotel's amenities/features. It's so 'complimentary' that in the booking page it doesn't show.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:02 pm

Not True

I have given up already The fact is that if they turn you down the second time, it is obviously that no matter what you do it's going to be denied.

It's worse than IHG

I've gotten over $2,000 worth of free hotel rooms in the last week and a half. Just keep trying. Last time it took almost 2 hours of going back and forth but it was worth it. If you have few $'s and lots of time it's worth it.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by ttraveler
I have given up already The fact is that if they turn you down the second time, it is obviously that no matter what you do it's going to be denied.

It's worse than IHG

I've gotten over $2,000 worth of free hotel rooms in the last week and a half. Just keep trying. Last time it took almost 2 hours of going back and forth but it was worth it. If you have few $'s and lots of time it's worth it.
I agree - It is well worth the few times you might have to submit a claim. I have gotten over a thousand dollars worth of hotel rooms in the last 5 days. 2 nights in NYC at over $250.00 a night.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by robertwcook16
I agree - It is well worth the few times you might have to submit a claim. I have gotten over a thousand dollars worth of hotel rooms in the last 5 days. 2 nights in NYC at over $250.00 a night.
I guess you must have got the free rooms before they limit to 1 claim per month?

Have you tried BRG a property outside the US? No matter what I wrote they simply denied it due to different currency - even though the comparison site showed the same currency as the hotel.

I even used a site that I got a BRG night with IHG, and choice still rejected the claim.

Last edited by nacho; Mar 15, 2012 at 8:04 pm
Old Mar 16, 2012, 7:16 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Choice Privileges Gold, and lots of other Air and Hotel Programs
I have read this entire thread and I'm still confused.

1. I need to spend ten consecutive nights in a hotel in Indiana, 1-11 April. Can I switch between two hotels in order to qualify for the 8,000 points, free night promo?

2. Can I book the rooms using the advance purchase option and then find a lower rate elsewhere? Does the advance purchase rate qualify for this promo?

3. Is there a limit of only claiming this lower rate guarantee now once a month?

4. If I book the rooms today, I must find a lower rate within 24 hours of the booking? If so, is there a better day of the week to book the rooms to get a lower rate for example mid-week versus weekends?

5. What sources have you used to find the lower rates? Kayak?

6. Do you have any other tips or recommendations to make this process easier? Should I wait until closer 1 April to book these rooms?

Thanks for your help...
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LoriLions
I have read this entire thread and I'm still confused.

1. I need to spend ten consecutive nights in a hotel in Indiana, 1-11 April. Can I switch between two hotels in order to qualify for the 8,000 points, free night promo?
As far as we know, you will not get 8000 points for 2 stays if one or both are totally free because of using BRG. So you have to decide which is more important to you, the 8000 points (times however many times) or the BRG?

That has nothing to do with this thread per se, but you can get 8000 points 5 times by switching back and forth every night between two hotels. You will then get 8000 points every other night (so for 10 nights, 5 x 8000). However, to do that, you have to forget about BRG.

How important one is vs the other might depend on how expensive the hotels are. For me personally, if I'm already getting the hotels for $60ish or $70ish (before tax), it's not worth BRGing them during such a promo if I will be doing only 1-night stays and thus earning 8000 points for every 2 nights, which I can redeem later for stays worth way more than $120ish or $140ish. If, OTOH, I'm talking about a $150ish big city hotel, that might be a different story; then the cost of earning the 8000 points might be high enough that I'd rather get each night free. (But if I can't get each night free, only 1 night free, for 10 nights that cost me 8000 points, not 4000, because you need night pairs, so that still complicates it.)
Old Mar 16, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Choice Privileges Gold, and lots of other Air and Hotel Programs
Thanks for the great advice! I get it!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver, A3 Gold, EK Gold, HH Gold, Sixt Dmd
Nice! Free hotel room + FT airfare deal for MR = great success!
Old Mar 17, 2012, 3:49 am

>> The Best Internet Rate Guarantee program terms & conditions states that the room must match the same rate terms/restrictions. The competing website information you submitted is for a room with free cancelation. The reservation you made is for a non cancelable reservation. The reservation policy must be the same on the third party website as the reservation being submitted. If you find lower rates at this hotel on a competing website that is a non cancelable rate, within the 24-hour time frame, please resubmit your claim form and we will be happy to begin processing your request at that time.
>>
>
>
>
>
>> Furthermore, the rate that you located on a competing website includes taxes. The Best Internet Rate Guarantee does not apply to rate that include taxes. To be eligible for the Best Internet Rate Guarantee program you are required to locate a rate that shows the room rate prior to taxes. If you find a lower rate on a competing website for the same hotel that does not include taxes within the 24-hour time frame, please resubmit your claim form and we will be happy to begin processing your request at that time.

What a load of poo. I read the terms and I don't see anywhere where the tax must be show or the rates need to be the same.

I guess I which in my case there is no brg as the site I am comparing has a 1day cancelation fee
Old Mar 17, 2012, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would never make any BRG with Advance purchase rate because I can get screwed up for whatever reason.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
You need to ask Choice about this because even if all the FTers got it, it doesn't mean that they will give it to you.

I think this BRG is like a promo for Choice - hoping that you'll book a more than 1 night stay and they still grap some $$$ from you.
So you get denied because there was a lower rate. I booked the advanced purchased rate and got denied as the lower rate was a flexible rate.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by csuxv
So you get denied because there was a lower rate. I booked the advanced purchased rate and got denied as the lower rate was a flexible rate.
That's NOT what I meant, I meant that it used to be that we don't have to book the membership rate to qualify for the BRG. According to the T&C it should be the rate that is open to public, i.e. without membership of any kind required.

I know you are , but you do need to realise that you'll be SOL if you screwed up with advance purchase rate. This applies to all BRG including Marriott, and I did almost screw up with both IHG and Marriott.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
had my first free stay.... rate was changed back from $ 0 to the original rate within 24 hours or so of checkin.... was a lot of work and discussions at the front desk to get it fixed again... they did not even know that there is a 1 night free brg out there... disappointing.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
had my first free stay.... rate was changed back from $ 0 to the original rate within 24 hours or so of checkin.... was a lot of work and discussions at the front desk to get it fixed again... they did not even know that there is a 1 night free brg out there... disappointing.
Could you please tell me how you found out that the rate changed back again? I have some upcoming stays early April so I'd like to be prepared for it.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
i checked online 24 hours before arrival. did say 0. while checking out, they wanted to charge me regular rate. checked online again at that point, and the 0 was indeed gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.