Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

strange Special Request turns out to mean they upgraded me!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

strange Special Request turns out to mean they upgraded me!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thumbs up strange Special Request turns out to mean they upgraded me!

Weather permitting (), I'm visiting Chicago this weekend, staying at the CI&S downtown (20k points per night). Today I went to print out my reservation and saw this confusing thing:
Special Request: Moved from nk to balance
This information will not be viewed by the hotel until your date of arrival. Special requests are subject to availability.
I called up Choice and said I never put that in, and what in the world does "moved from nk to balance" mean? The CS didn't know, but my on hold a few times, finally told me that the hotel put that in, they don't know at Choice what it means, and so I have to call the hotel to find out.

The hotel told me it's their note that I've been upgraded from a non-smoking king to a junior suite! Cool!

(I hadn't looked at the room type now on the rez before I called, so I hadn't realized it had changed to a suite!)
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:20 pm

Programs: Don't you know who I am????
Congratulations sdsearch. Let us know how what you thought of the upgrade in the Upgrade Thread (blatant thread promotion as that thread is is already on life support).

Cheers!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:12 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Congratulations, sdsearch. I have had this happen where they know me, but not ever where they don't. Funny how it makes one feel better about the world in general, especially if one finds out ahead of time and then has the meantime to feel that way. Even hearing that it happens to someone else once in a while can yield this feeling. Thank you.

Come to think of it, this has only happened at Comfort Inns. Wonder if there's something to that? ...No, I think it's about being known, in my instances. Just thought I'd mention it in case it corroborates anyone else's experience.

Last edited by Firewind; Feb 28, 2012 at 12:18 am
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:57 pm

Congratulations! Did you do something special so that they upgrade you?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by samwkchan
Congratulations! Did you do something special so that they upgrade you?
Other than booking a downtown Chicago business hotel for a Friday and Saturday night (presumably most of their upper-elite guests are businesspeople who don't stay there on weekends), and a hotel which may have a lot of these kind of suites (it looked like there were at least two of these kind on my floor, and this hotel has lots of floors), nothing. I booked an award stay, so it was not about the rate I paid. And I've never stayed there before, so it wasn't about repeat business. And I never contacted them (prior to asking about the special request wording, by which point I was already upgraded).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.