Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Would Booking.com rez qualify as a stay and for BRG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club

http://www.booking.com/hotel/ca/comf...74976429b00X24

...and in particular for a Diamond?

I ask "...for a Diamond?" especially for the current 8,000 point promotion because it says Diamonds can book through any channel.

I know it's a stupid question, but I haven't pushed the envelope in this direction. Thank you.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Firewind
http://www.booking.com/hotel/ca/comf...74976429b00X24

...and in particular for a Diamond?

I ask "...for a Diamond?" especially for the current 8,000 point promotion because it says Diamonds can book through any channel.

I know it's a stupid question, but I haven't pushed the envelope in this direction. Thank you.
BRG works the other way - you book the room on choicehotels.com (or one of the brands such as comfortinn.com), then you say "Hey Choice, the room is much cheaper on booking.com", and they'll verify it.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you, lowfareair. Even stupider than I intended.....^
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think you misunderstand what "through any channel" means. It does not mean at any website! It means online (but still only at Choice's site or a few others), by phone, directly with the hotel, or through a travel agent, or walk-up.

For non-elites or low-elites, the current 8.000 points promotion works only through Choice's website or Choice's 1-800 number. High-enough elites can expand that to booking directly with the hotel or using a corporate travel agent. But that doesn't mean they can book on booking.com!

Ie, you can only earn 8000 points when you can earn points to being with, and you don't earn points to begin with at booking.com.

Furthermore, you only earn points on qualifying rates. The special rates at third-party sites are generally not "qualifying".

Last edited by sdsearch; Mar 7, 2012 at 6:19 pm Reason: added walk-up
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, sdsearch. Since that aspect was obviated by the main answer, I thought better to stop digging. But while you're here...

Originally Posted by sdsearch
...or a few others...
?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, sdsearch. Since that aspect was obviated by the main answer, I thought better to stop digging. But while you're here...
Originally Posted by sdsearch
...or a few others...
?
Ones that are affiliated with them. For example, definitely this one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onlin...Wyndham+Hilton

And perhaps some airline booking sites (with airlines that are their partners)? (I'm not sure on this for Choice specifically, but I seem to remember it as an exception to "no third-party" at some hotel program or other.)

(And, btw, please note that I just edited my previous post to add one other way of booking that works for the promo for high elites but not others: walk-up!)

Last edited by sdsearch; Mar 7, 2012 at 6:20 pm
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Thank you again, sdsearch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.