Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Winter Promo 2011: Earn Points + Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Winter Promo 2011: Earn Points + Miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2011, 11:30 am

I signed up under the option of double points. I received single points and the airline miles option instead. Doesn't bother me as I really didn't care which one I got, but at least I did get full credit for the promotion.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
So, I had 3 stays that posted as airline miles but did not also get Choice points. I used the 'report missing stay ' link twice with absolutely no reply from Choice other than the ' 'we will reply within 72 hours' canned response. I did it a third time and within a few hours got responses that the points had posted - Indeed all 3 stays posted on 12/27 as '2011 Winter Promo'.

I think it is ridiculous that I had to go through this much work to get what they promised.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Hoping they approve Mr. Kipper's status match request, so that he can sneak in under the, "book using any channel," and still qualify for this promo. Has anyone who is not a Plat or Diamond been able to book through any channel and still received the promo points?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I still have not had any points post on this promo without using the 'missing stay form' on the web site. Doesn't matter whether it is a couple of days or a couple of weeks after. It seems they are not going to post the points until you complain. The miles have been no problem.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lougord99
I still have not had any points post on this promo without using the 'missing stay form' on the web site. Doesn't matter whether it is a couple of days or a couple of weeks after. It seems they are not going to post the points until you complain. The miles have been no problem.
Many Choice hotels used to have an issue where they could only hold one frequenty whatever account at a time. So if you were earning miles, they could see your FFP #, but they couldn't see your Choice #, and thus couldn't see your Choice status, and thus if there was anything (say, priority of getting the newspaper at your door, or whatever) that was keyed to your status, they couldn't honor it.

I wonder if there are still vestiges of this in Choice's system, making the attempt to let you earn points and miles simultaneously backfire? (It would be so like Choice to not realize such a limitation before creating such a promo for the first time in their history. Never before have the had to combine point earnings and miles earnings on the same stays.)
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Silver, PC Platinum, CC Gold
Most of my stays are Hilton or SPG, so, I sometimes don't think to check the threads for Choice. My bad luck. This promo started 12/1/11 and ends 2/28/12. I received snail mail from Choice on 2/8/12 alerting me to the promo. Now, what good is that when it's almost over? I guess I won't cry over spilled milk. I earned the maximum last month for the current Wyndham Rewards promo.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by vickiburton
Most of my stays are Hilton or SPG, so, I sometimes don't think to check the threads for Choice. My bad luck. This promo started 12/1/11 and ends 2/28/12. I received snail mail from Choice on 2/8/12 alerting me to the promo. Now, what good is that when it's almost over? I guess I won't cry over spilled milk. I earned the maximum last month for the current Wyndham Rewards promo.
You can hope that after the end of the current promo, a better promo will come. Like 2 stays = 8k points.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
You can hope that after the end of the current promo, a better promo will come. Like 2 stays = 8k points.
Or my favorite from 2007 - 3 stays = 16K points.

<nostalgic sighs>

I was in a position where hotel-hopping was a matter of turning left or turning right, and at the end of the promo I was about 250K Choice points richer. And you better believe I got good value from them, including a couple of the Preferred promo hotels.

Them was the days, my friend. We hoped they'd never end.

Hey! I could write a song ...
Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
After reading all of the problems people had with this promo, I was figuring that Mr. Kipper's points wouldn't post at all, or that the double points wouldn't post. Surprisingly, they posted without a problem, 2 days after his check-out date from the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.