Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

1+1=FREE (2 stays=8000 pts) uncapped, March 8 through May 8, 2012

Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

This is per a print ad on page 7 of the new (March 2012) InsideFlyer magazine.
Register now at ChoiceHotels.com to earn unlimited free nights during the promotion.

Book a ChoiceHotels.com or 800.4CHOICE and after your second stay with arrival between March 8 and May 8, 2012, you'll receive enough Choice Privileges points to redeem for a FREE night at over 1,500 hotels.
Some of the fine print:

As usual, your bonus points on the 2 stays will be "rounded up" so that your total reaches the 8000 point level. Stays can be just 1 night long at the "mainline" Choice brands, but have to be 2 nights minimum at EconoLodge, Rodeway, Suburban, and MainStay to count for this promotion.

We'll have to wait for it to be online before we'll know whether there's the typical "other booking channels" option for high-enough elites (as there has been in the past).

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 29, 2012 at 1:04 pm Reason: corrected quote for ad to include "between"
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
About time Choice released something
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yuel
About time Choice released something
Huh? There's still one day left (ends Feb 29) in the current promo:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choic...nts-miles.html

Isn't the current promo at least "something"??? You may not think it's a very good promo (I didn't), but it is "something" IMHO.

Choice typically doesn't announce (at least on its website) a new promo before the last promo is over (since they want to keep promotions on the website simple to one at a time), so that's why it took so long to hear of the next promo. (Sometimes we hear of it early because of hotel check-in desk materials that get distributed early, other times because of print ads that run in magazines that come out earlier than their cover date. But we don't tend to hear about any Choice promos far in advance.)
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Anyway, good news...
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Oh, I forgot to mention:
You must maintain an address in the U.S. (including U.S. territories) and Canada to be eligible for this promotion.
I presume that's a tiny typo. I know of no way to maintain two addresses with Choice, and yet the way they worded it you must maintain an address in the U.S. and Canada, which would be two addresses! I presume they meant U.S. or Canada, otherwise no one in the world could participate in this promotion!

EDITED TO ADD:

Or maybe not? The T&Cs say US/Canada only, but then in the Frequently Asked Questions (see next post) it mentions a variation of the promo for other countries. Presumably that's considered a slightly different promo, that links to the same FAQs but uses separate T&Cs?

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 29, 2012 at 2:02 pm Reason: added qualificaiton that it may not be quite limited to US/Canada
Old Feb 29, 2012, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ah, there was a link already, but the person who posted it buried it in a thread about someone asking whether they should join Choice Privileges.

Here's the link (as it actually resolves):

http://www.choicehotels.com/earnafreenight

And it does clarify:
Elite Diamond and Elite Platinum members can book through any channel
And preserved for posterity, here are the Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the Stay Two Separate Times Earn One Night Free promotional offer?Choice Privileges members can stay two separate times and earn enough points to redeem for a free night at over 1,500 hotels when booking at ChoiceHotels.com or 800.4CHOICE. Members must register at ChoiceHotels.com/earnafreenight in advance of stay to be eligible.

What are the dates for the Stay Two Separate Times Earn One Night Free promotion?
This promotion applies for stays arriving from March 8, 2012 to May 8, 2012.

Are bookings made through my mobile device eligible for the Stay Two Separate Times Earn One Night Free promotion?Yes. Bookings made through your mobile device are eligible for this promotion.

Is there a booking requirement for Elite Diamond and Elite Platinum Choice Privileges members?
Elite Diamond and Elite Platinum members are eligible to book qualifying stays through any channel, including hotel direct.

Can any guest earn the free night?Choice Privileges members must maintain an address in the U.S. (including U.S. territories) and Canada and register at ChoiceHotels.com/earnafreenight in advance to be eligible for this promotion. Registration is not required for Choice Privileges members in Mexico, Latin America, Caribbean, Europe and Australasia.

Is the Stay Two Separate Times Earn One Night Free promotion based on stays or nights?This promotion is based on stays. You will have to stay two separate times to be eligible for this promotion.

How is a "Stay" defined? For Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn, Suburban Extended Stay, and MainStay Suites hotels, a stay is defined as two (2) or more consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. For Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites or Ascend Collection hotels, a stay is defined as any number of consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs at any property included in the Choice Privileges program.

How many times can I receive the bonus?Choice Privileges members in US and Canada can earn the bonus an unlimited number of times, with arrival between March 8, 2012 and May 8, 2012. Choice Privileges members in Mexico, Latin America, Caribbean, Europe and Australasia can earn up to six (6) free nights through this promotion.

Are international stays included in the promotion?Stays at all hotels included in the Choice Privileges program will count towards the promotion, as long as a qualifying stay is booked at ChoiceHotels.com or 800.4CHOICE.

Is there a booking requirement to be eligible for the Stay Two Separate Times Earn One Night Free promotion?Yes. Stays must be booked at ChoiceHotels.com or 800.4CHOICE with arrival between March 8, 2012 and May 8, 2012.

Can I use the Choice Privileges points earned any way I choose?
You may redeem the Choice Privileges points earned for any redemption option you wish. You can use the points as soon as you receive them, or retain them until you accumulate enough points for higher reward levels or other redemptions.

When will the bonus points post to my account?
After every second qualifying stay, allow 72 hours from check-out for the bonus points to post to your Choice Privileges account.

When do my Choice Privileges points expire?Choice Privileges points expire on December 31, two years after the year in which they were deposited into your account unless forfeited or canceled earlier due to membership inactivity or otherwise in accordance to these rules and regulations.

How do I redeem the free night?
A free night is based on an 8,000 point Choice Privileges reward night level. A free night at most Choice Privileges locations requires more than 8,000 points. You can redeem your points for a free night only through your online profile at ChoiceHotels.com or by calling Choice Privileges Reservations.

What is the Advanced Purchase Rate?
Advance Purchase Rate means that the reservation must be made on ChoiceHotels.com using your Choice Privileges number and must be made at least 7, 14, 21 or 30 days in advance, which will vary based on the hotel for which a reservation is being made. The rate starts at 15% off Best Available Rate, is non-cancellable, non-changeable and non-refundable. Your credit card will be charged for the total reservation amount within 24-48 hours of booking. Learn more here.

Where can I learn more about the Choice Privileges program?
Click here to visit choiceprivileges.com.

Who do I contact if I have further questions?
E-mail [email protected].
Old Feb 29, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Tried to register.

We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later or contact the Choice Service Center for assistance.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by lougord99
Tried to register.
That's what happened for me too.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lougord99
Tried to register.
Originally Posted by kipper
That's what happened for me too.
Just because the information page is up doesn't mean registration is "live" yet. That has happened in the past with Choice, and happens all the time with other programs too. People want to know as far in advance of a new promo as possible, but when they get that news in advance, they also try to register in advance, and then...

You only have to register before your first stay that qualifies for this promo. Since arrival cannot be before March 8, there's presumably no great need to register long before March 8.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Just successfully registered.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Just because the information page is up doesn't mean registration is "live" yet. That has happened in the past with Choice, and happens all the time with other programs too. People want to know as far in advance of a new promo as possible, but when they get that news in advance, they also try to register in advance, and then...

You only have to register before your first stay that qualifies for this promo. Since arrival cannot be before March 8, there's presumably no great need to register long before March 8.
Yes, but if I don't register now, while I'm thinking about it, I'll probably forget about it.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by kipper
Yes, but if I don't register now, while I'm thinking about it, I'll probably forget about it.
Even with my successful registration, as noted above, I'll still check before making my first reservation under this promo. I'd rather waste 30 seconds of my time attempting to register again and getting the "you're already registered for this promotion" message than take the chance some website glitch kept my registration from, well, registering. . .
Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Even with my successful registration, as noted above, I'll still check before making my first reservation under this promo. I'd rather waste 30 seconds of my time attempting to register again and getting the "you're already registered for this promotion" message than take the chance some website glitch kept my registration from, well, registering. . .
I was finally able to register, well, to register Mr. Kipper, but I guess I'll try to remember to verify that he's registered before a stay.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Just successfully registered.
And, probably very non-coincidentally, today is the day after the last promo ended.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:51 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by sdsearch
And, probably very non-coincidentally, today is the day after the last promo ended.
Indeed

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.