Wiki Posts
Search

Room availability

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Room availability

This has been discussed before, and everyone seems to think that Choice properties follow their own T&C's regarding what rooms have to be made available for award stays. I don't believe it.

I was looking around London props for another FTer who needs a room for 3 adults. Every London hotel was more than willing to sell me a room that could handle three adults, but not one of them would make such a room available for an award stay.

I'm sure I've run into the same thing with other props in Europe (the Clarion IFSC in Dublin was a notable exception).

It's also pretty clear that Choice corporate had little or no influence on their franchisees. Not sure how much they really care about this matter, either.

Anyhow, if this turns out to be true, what if anything can/should be done about it?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by BigLar
This has been discussed before, and everyone seems to think that Choice properties follow their own T&C's regarding what rooms have to be made available for award stays. I don't believe it.

I was looking around London props for another FTer who needs a room for 3 adults. Every London hotel was more than willing to sell me a room that could handle three adults, but not one of them would make such a room available for an award stay.

I'm sure I've run into the same thing with other props in Europe (the Clarion IFSC in Dublin was a notable exception).

It's also pretty clear that Choice corporate had little or no influence on their franchisees. Not sure how much they really care about this matter, either.

Anyhow, if this turns out to be true, what if anything can/should be done about it?
I have increasingly noticed much the same thing as this year has advanced.

That said, I had the Comfort Inn Hyde Park booked repeatedly this year using points and always selected a room with bedding for five (5) people. I wouldn't recommend having more than 3 persons in that room, but there was sufficient (permanent) bedding set up by the hotel in that room to accommodate 5.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
That said, I had the Comfort Inn Hyde Park booked repeatedly this year using points and always selected a room with bedding for five (5) people.
Was that room offered to you (i.e., did it appear on the web page as a booking choice) or did you have to ask someone?

If so, who?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by BigLar
Was that room offered to you (i.e., did it appear on the web page as a booking choice) or did you have to ask someone?

If so, who?
It appeared on the choicehotels.com web page that popped up after I selected the property. I did it all online without contacting any person. The hotel check-in desk delivered what I booked without commentary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.