Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Best Choice Hotel Property in London?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2010, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

My husband and I will be in London this fall, and would like to use our points for our hotel stay. Any recommendations? We would like to stay in the St. Pancras area, or central London.

We will be staying 7 nights, and have over 120k points to use. I don't mind paying for a night or two if we don't have quite enough points.

Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:53 am

Last year we used Vauxhall at 16000 points/day buffet breakfast included

Good bus service to central London. It is outside the charging zone if you want to unload luggage and then return rental car.

A few blocks to Vauxhall Station for rail trips.

PM me if you want more experience.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you need internet access for a laptop? The issue I had in London was that one hotel would give me free breakfast but not free internet access (one of the two near Kings Cross, the one on Chad) for only 8k/night in March 2009 (not sure if that's the rate now though), whle the other would give me free internet but not free breakfast (next to Paddington Station, ie, the other "airport hotels" location!).

The Kings Cross hotel was very well located for constantly hopping on trains to roam in all direcitons.

See this thread for much more on that:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choic...ht=Kings+Cross

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 17, 2010 at 1:37 am
Old Jul 11, 2011, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any new suggestions?

It looks like I will need to house my family of 5 in London next winter for a few days. Hotel prices seem intimidating -- so perhaps my Choice points can come to the rescue.

When I looked earlier today, it looks like some London properties dramatically reduce their point requirements after summer -- like 20,000 to 8,000. Since I suppose I will need 2 rooms for a few nights, this savings will be important to me, and greatly increase my interest in staying at a Choice hotel. Any prior experience with this?

I even saw that the Comfort Inn Vauxhaul has a room that will fit 5 people (if I wanted to be real frugal) but, alas, it doesn't look like they make this room available for award stays.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess we're all hoping that the current point rates (currently, 8000 points/night for essentially every hotel in Europe, starting Sept. 16) will continue, but, as we learned with the Rome fiasco, there's no guarantees.

I'm looking for 12 room-nights in Paris in October, but as a Gold I can't book yet.

A suggestion: depending on your Choice status, you might want to see if some CP Diamond can book the rooms in your name when their window opens up, and when your window opens, if the rate is the same you can book and he can cancel. Or, if the rate has skyrocketed, keep his bookings and you owe him XXX thousand Choice points for a booking for him.

Coupon Connection can be your friend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.