Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to choice promo- have a ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

New to choice promo- have a ?

So with the stay twice get $50 GC , can you keep your 8000 points?
also would this work so I can get the 8000 points?
Check in to Comfort inn 3/26-check out 3/28. 2 days
Check in quality inn next door 3/28- check out 3/29? 1 day
Will this work? Would like to keep points to earn a free night stay.
Thanks
Old Mar 5, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Yes that would work and you can do whatever you want with the 4k points
Old Mar 5, 2011, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
1) You can keep your points if you want to.

2) Here is a suggestion, if it is not too inconvenient: Check into one of the hotels for the first night. Move to the other hotel for the second night. Move back to the first hotel for the third night. This promotion counts stays, and this makes three. Then you only have to do one more stay before the end of the promotion, and that will earn another 8,000 points.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 10:35 am
Original Poster

ok, so it is 8000 for 2 different stays not 4k like above poster said correct? so i can keep 8,000 points for free night stay instead of the using for the $50 GC? great. I really did want the $50 GC as that wouldn't even fill my tank, i rather have a free night stay. thanks
Old Mar 5, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
My bad, it works out to 4000 points per night is what I meant.
It is 8000 for every 2 stays.
There is weird restrictions on registering and status as far as how many times you can complete the promo.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rubyslippers
I really did want the $50 GC as that wouldn't even fill my tank, i rather have a free night stay. thanks
I think most of us would. However, keep in mind that only some hotels are 6k or 8k a night, many more are more than that.

However, it's still a good value usually even when it's much more than that. For example, if it's 16K a night but as long as it's more than $100 a night after taxes (because, remember, you don't pay taxes on a free night stay, so compare against rate after taxes, not the publicized rate which is before taxes) it still works better, or if it's 12K a night as long as it's more than $75 a night it works better.

Not every hotel is "nicely" priced in points, however. So if you only have one hotel on one particular trip that you would use it for, make sure that hotel will be a better value on points rather than just paying regular money.

(I have seen some Choice hotels that were 20k or more points yet only something like $70 a night! They might, for example, price their points for "special event" pricing, but have to keep the same points price for a couple months per Choice rules, and so nights when "nothing" is going on they can lower their rate in dollars but can't lower their rate in points.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.