Booking room for family member

Old Dec 28, 10, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, Hilton, Choice, WN, AA, BA, UA, HA, Avis
Booking room for family member

I have a family member visiting from out of country in late January, will be staying for about a week at a Choice property in LA, then visiting with other family in San Diego, also staying at a Choice property there for about 5 days before going back.

I will be paying for their stay at both CP locations. I am a CP member (and also have a CP Visa card).

I assume I can pay for this person's stay with my CP Visa card and I'd get the appropriate points for the CC spend. But can I also use my CP# for stay credit, or do I have to be the one checking into the hotel?
Old Dec 29, 10, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
The rules say you must stay to get night credit.

Now, real life, sometimes the properties don't check things too closely and you might be able to score credit & points without having to show up. But if you really want to nail it, show up with your relative and check in under your name and let your relative have the room key (add their name to the rez in case they need a replacement key). Almost guaranteed you will get credit & points for the stay.

Search this Thread