Wiki Posts
Search

Status match into Choice

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2011, 3:50 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Does Platinum status require 25 nights or just 20 nights? If it's just 20 nights, I'm not likely to request a status match for an account, but I was under the impression that it required 25 nights while Diamond required 40 nights.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 7:17 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Originally Posted by honu
When you are matched to, say, Platinum, how long does the status match going to last? In other words, would I be better off waiting until next January to request a match (probably to PC Platinum) or does it make no difference?
I believe the match will go through 2/13 at this point. But you should inquire when you do your match.
And just to confirm, platinum is likely the best you will get from a match.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Does Platinum status require 25 nights or just 20 nights? If it's just 20 nights, I'm not likely to request a status match for an account, but I was under the impression that it required 25 nights while Diamond required 40 nights.
10,20,40 for gold,plat,diamond.
If you are close I would say don't bother matching but I'm not even sure if choice does the one time match or not.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by kipper
LOL, I don't think it's worth asking again--it's a 2nd choice, so if he hits one of their elite tiers, it's usually only gold anyway.
Just submitted a request for Mr. Kipper. He'll be spending 30 nights or so in a Choice Hotels property, so if he could get bumped to even Gold initially, he'd pick up Platinum with his stay, correct?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:21 am

Mr. Kipper's response from Choice was Gold status, which is tolerable, I guess.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:42 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Anyone know if they'll status match more than once? Got matched last year based on HHonors Diamond. I'll also have Hyatt and Starwood Gold if that would make a difference for a new match request
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Anyone know if they'll status match more than once? Got matched last year based on HHonors Diamond. I'll also have Hyatt and Starwood Gold if that would make a difference for a new match request
Yes, they will. They matched Mr. Kipper last year, and again this year using the same program both years.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:34 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Thank you. Email sent. We shall see. Now off to see if there are any promos for an early March stay.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you. Email sent. We shall see. Now off to see if there are any promos for an early March stay.
The current promo ends February 29. Since you probably know this by now, I am here just to note that recently Choice has been good about following promos with promos, pretty quickly. In fact, people here typically start getting antsy at this stage if we don't hear about a new one. In fact, news often trickles on here when people start seeing new table tents on the front desk. But they don't announce the new one until (sometimes the day after) the old one is over, if I recall correctly. Here's hoping they stay true to form.

A 2: 8,000 or 3: 16,000 would go quite nicely.

Last edited by Firewind; Feb 27, 2012 at 2:59 pm
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:28 am

Status matched to Platinum for the second time in six months. (Please don't shoot the messenger)
Old May 13, 2012, 8:58 pm

I am thinking of status match from my SPG gold and Hyatt platinum. Do you guys know what status I might get? Thanks.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 9:51 pm

Put in a match request via email last month using Hilton HHonors Gold and got matched to Choice Rewards Platinum
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:01 pm

Hi, I called Choice about matching to Marriott and they said to email [email protected] and a screen shot of my Marriott silver status. They responded within 8 hours and have already moved me to Gold status. I believe that is the maximum that they will status match. Very quick and professional service.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 6:22 am

My wife just used her IHG Platinum to status match into Choice. They gave her Platinum as well - so that was a bit unexpected, I didn't think they would give her 2 levels up. Same email. Very professional. Response within 24 hours. I don't think this is a formal program, but they seem to be offering it for the time being.

Originally Posted by charlesonmission
Hi, I called Choice about matching to Marriott and they said to email [email protected] and a screen shot of my Marriott silver status. They responded within 8 hours and have already moved me to Gold status. I believe that is the maximum that they will status match. Very quick and professional service.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 7:47 am

I requested a status match for my husband using a screen shot of his IHG Platinum status. They shot him down. Maybe I should try again.

Update: Tried again, using a screen shot of HHonors Diamond status and Best Western Diamond status. He was matched to Choice Platinum this time.

Last edited by mareh; Feb 17, 2016 at 1:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.