Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Redeeming the promo free night at various Choice hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2010, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club

Any guess as to how many of the "1500" hotels at which two stays at a Choice Hotel would yield a free night (for 8,000 points) if it weren't for EconoLodges and Rodeway Inns?
Old Sep 30, 2010, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
Any guess as to how many of the "1500" hotels at which two stays at a Choice Hotel would yield a free night (for 8,000 points) if it weren't for EconoLodges and Rodeway Inns?
No, but (a) the nearest Comfort Inn & Suites to where I typically need to stay seems to always be 8000 points/night, (b) the only Comfort Hotel that was available for booking in Tokyo at the beginning and end of my April trip to Japan was only 8000 points/night, and (c) the two London Choice hotels I stayed at in March of last year were only 8000 points/night at that time (though their redemption rates seem to change from season to season).

So I've used 8000 points/night redemption at several hotels, and none of them have been in the ex-stamps tier of Choice (the 5pts/$ earning tier in current terms, I guess).
Old Oct 2, 2010, 6:03 pm

anyone have any knowledge of when and how much the points requirements vary?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 7:30 pm

Programs: Hy-Vee Fuel Saver
Originally Posted by dvrich1
anyone have any knowledge of when and how much the points requirements vary?
In the past, there have five periods. Four are 2 1/2 months long and one is 2 months long:

Sep 16 - Nov 30
Dec 1 - Jan 31
Feb 1 - Apr 15
Apr 16 - Jun 30
Jul 1 – Sep 15

and the points required for the current period and the next period appear on a hotel's page on the Choice site. For example, you can currently see the points required for:

Sep 16 - Nov 30
Dec 1 - Jan 31

on the Choice site.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 3:41 am

Programs: DL,UA
I just reddemed 8,000 points for a weekend night at the Rodeway inn at fort Lauderdale airport. This is a better property than most of the well known chains. It is also a good deal considering the discounted LPGA rate was $127.99 for the same night. I also had 3200 points expiring from my account by 12/31. Win/Win for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.