Bet 1,000 UA miles per 3,500 points

Old May 18, 10, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
Arrow Get 1,000 UA miles per 3,500 (??) Choice Priv. points!

On May 18, the Choice Privileges promised that members could redeem 3500 Choice points (instead of the normal 5K) for 1000 United Mileage Plus Miles between May 19, 2010 and June 30, 2010. When I tried to transfer on May 20, the price shown was 4K, so I phoned Choice. Fast service: This was corrected to 3500 on May 21 !
So those of us who have a Choice Visa or have stayed at Choice since January 1/ 2008 can buy 32K Choice from Discover America for $120 & convert 31,500 thereof into 9K UA!

Last edited by Brendan; May 22, 10 at 1:21 pm Reason: Choice corrected it to 3500!
Old May 18, 10, 3:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
In case others misunderstand this as I did at first (when posted in the UA MP forum), this is not UA MP Visa Choice Points but rather Choice Privileges as in Quaility Inn, Comfort Inn, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, EconoLodge ...
Old May 18, 10, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
We should be safe from that misunderstanding here, given that this is the Choice Privleges forum!
Old May 18, 10, 4:12 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
SORRY! Title should read Get, not Bet!
Then edit it! While in the edit window, click on "Go Advanced" to edit the title.

While you're at it, want to cite your source or other details for this offer? Link?
Old May 18, 10, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Arrow

Originally Posted by sc flier View Post
Then edit it! While in the edit window, click on "Go Advanced" to edit the title.
I just did, but it still does not correct the title in the list of threads.
While you're at it, want to cite your source or other details for this offer? Link?
Yes, I do want to. Scroll to bottom of that page.

Last edited by Brendan; May 18, 10 at 5:25 pm
Old May 18, 10, 5:42 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Thanks!

So anyone can qualify for this once they post a stay to their account. If buying miles from Discover America, the final cost is 1.313 cpm. (Not including the cost of a stay.)

Search this Thread