Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

new (at least to me) CP points redemption option

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2010, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: status-less.

Was browsing the new website tonight (which, by the way, stinks) trying to find whether there was a bonus points promo for a trip I have to take in a couple of weeks. Couldn't find the promo because any search for any promotion in Lansing, MI generated the "unexpected error" message.

Anyway, rant off.

While hunting to try and find the promotions, noticed that it's now being advertised that one can trade in 16K Choice points for a Costco membership. Given that Costco often has some very nice hotel gift card deals (the Hyatt one is getting a bunch of play on the Hyatt forum), might be a useful way to burn up some points. 16K points to purchse a $50 membership is by no means a great deal, but might be better than nothing if you don't have any other use for the points and they're soon to expire.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Southwest A-list Preferred, Delta Million Miler
If your points are expiring and you don't have anywhere you'd like to go to use the points for free nights, then its a great way to burn points. That being said, 16K points could get you 2 free nights at some Choice properties, so that would be the better deal. Assuming a free night is worth $75.00 (on average), that's a $150 value for 2-free nights vs. $50 for a Costco membership.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
If you're going to burn 16K points on Costco, why not burn x*16K for $50 gift cards. At least you get to use them at hotels later on. If you can't find a way to book reward stays, it's the next best thing. Fortunately, you've got till the end of the year to do this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.