Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

preferred hotel changes-positive for once

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Not enough to count anymore

I didnt see a thread on this yet, but FINALLY Choice has made changes to the Preferred Hotel partnership that are not "enhancements".

The have added a 4th tier and brought the points required for the first 3 tiers back to what they were before the recent inflation. The tiers are

The most notable change comes to the 60,000 point tier. Choice has FINALLY added back some of the best Preferred Hotels that have slowly been removed from the list (mostly Preferred Brand) that I have stayed at before (Kona, Hawaii; Rome, IT; London, England; Paris, France).

Glad to finally see them come back as redemption options even if more expensive.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: Choice Privlidges Elite Diamond- 120+ Choice Privileges nights/year, Delta, UA
Sound great! This is good news. OK choice we're on a roll, let's keep it going
Old Feb 9, 2010, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How about the sometimes-occurring 20,000 point winter sale on Preferred Hotel reservations? Can we have that again this year, Choice?
Old Feb 13, 2010, 5:22 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by n dakota
Sound great! This is good news. OK choice we're on a roll, let's keep it going...
+1

...as in: May this trickle down to the more mainstream (mainstreet) properties, and revert to what the redemption requirements were a couple of years ago. We're not seeing the $$ room rates climb. (It is nice to be earning the promos at < $35 room rates, though.)
Old Feb 14, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: Phoenician Airlines
Can anyone say when was the last time this was offered? Thank you.
Originally Posted by soitgoes
How about the sometimes-occurring 20,000 point winter sale on Preferred Hotel reservations? Can we have that again this year, Choice?
Old Feb 14, 2010, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Phlebas
Can anyone say when was the last time this was offered? Thank you.
Last year--January/February 2009.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 6:55 am

Programs: Choice Privlidges Elite Diamond- 120+ Choice Privileges nights/year, Delta, UA
Smile

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Last year--January/February 2009.
From looking at the history of this promotion, it happens every other year. So come this November (2010) we should see them advertising it again.

IMHO its the best way to spend Choice points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.