Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Are your points expiring today? Choice removes them in the morning <gasp>

Old Dec 31, 2009, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.

I had 50,000 points expiring today. I've been researching on how to move them, and figured I would do it today, on the expiration date.
When I logged in, I saw that the points were gone. This made me nervous. I called Choice and they told me that they remove your points on the morning of expiration (in case you thought you could wait till midnight).

After a couple of minutes, they re-instated my points, then made the transfer to my American Airlines account. Nice way to top of this account with 10,000 miles.
I should have told the gal that now that my points were re-instated, they should expire in the future.

Keep this in mind when it's your turn. @:-)

dh
Old Dec 31, 2009, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow. At least they fixed it for you.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
I had the same problem this morning. Called in - miles were reinstated and won't expire today
Old Jan 1, 2010, 2:38 pm

Similar issue here.

On 12/30 I had 89,000 with 70,000 expiring 12/31. When I logged in on 12/31 to book I was down to 19,000 already, but was still able to book 3 nights for 75,000 points. I should now have 14,000 but my balance shows 0. Will call them monday to see what can be done.

rich
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: HH Gold, MR Silver, PC Platinum, CC Gold
Yeah, I saw 1,200 points wave good-bye in the morning of December 31. That's not one of my preferred places to stay, so, I can't say I'm too upset by losing them. It's nice to have some points tucked away for emergencies, but, this is not the case with Choice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.