Anyone been able to redeem for Barcelo?

Old Dec 13, 09, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Anyone been able to redeem for Barcelo?

Has anyone successfully redeem for Barcelo using Choice Points? I tried calling a few times and have been transferred around a few times before the phone line actually been disconnected. It has been a very frustrating experience. I have some points that expire soon and would like to redeem them. Would appreciate any input.

On a seperate note, are there any good redemptions available for CP that would be good value? Looking for suggestions for locations in N. America/Carribean.
Old Dec 13, 09, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've never done a Barcelo redemption. I have, however, had a similar transfer experience with the Preferred hotel program.

-Call the Choice Privileges Service Center at 888-770-6800 and press zero. Their hours are limited (7:30AM-4:00PM M-F MST, according to their greeting). If you are calling outside of those hours, just hang up and call back.
-Do not let them transfer you to reservations. Do not press any touchtone keys about making a reservation, either. Press 0 when the recording comes on.

[If you need to reach a Choice Privileges rep outside of the US business hours, you may try one the foreign call centers, some of which operate on different hours:
Canada: also toll-free at 1-866-283-3510 (Grand Junction, CO call center--same as US, but may answer on different hours)
Europe: +800-800-44-700 (dial one of the SIPBroker access points, and then dial *013-00-800-800-44-700) (UK call center)
Australasia (New Zealand #): 011-64-800-443-101 (Melbourne call center)]

Last edited by soitgoes; Dec 13, 09 at 8:35 pm
Old Apr 26, 12, 10:55 am

Programs: CO, AA, UA
Thinking about jumping on the Daily Getaway CP deal, but curious if there are any issues redeeming the points at Barcelo. Did some searching and not seeing much. Do you have to wait 30 days out or can you do it further out like other hotel programs. Is there good availability? Basically does anyone have first hand experience redeeming at Barcelo before I pull the trigger on buying the points?
Old May 13, 12, 12:34 am

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by jeelele View Post
Has anyone successfully redeem for Barcelo using Choice Points? I tried calling a few times and have been transferred around a few times before the phone line actually been disconnected. It has been a very frustrating experience. I have some points that expire soon and would like to redeem them. Would appreciate any input.

On a seperate note, are there any good redemptions available for CP that would be good value? Looking for suggestions for locations in N. America/Carribean.
no success here.

Search this Thread