Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way from Beijing airport to Tianjin

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2008, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Best way from Beijing airport to Tianjin

Has anyone done this recently? Need to visit Tianjin but there are no direct flights from where I will be. Closest airport is PEK.

I believe there is supposed to be a high-speed train link between Beijing and Tianjin. Also heard that there are regular buses from PEK airport to Tianjin.

Will probably be arriving in the evening and there will be two of us, so I guess a taxi (or hotel car) is also an option.

Thanks
Old May 5, 2008, 10:35 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
You can take bus directly from Arrival gate of Beijing airport to Tianjin.

The bus starts from 9:00 AM to 22:00, and interval is 30 minutes. Ticket price is 70 RMB (or 10 USD) per person.

You can also take the bus at Gate 11 of Terminal 2 of Beijing Airport

The departure and arrival station in Tianjin is at the corner of Nanjing Road, and Shanxi Road

High speed train not finished yet.
Don't accept any tout offering taxi service as they will charge at least 3 times what normal taxi fare is, only use metered taxis. Trip takes little over two hours. I would expect taxi would be about 500 RMB + or _.

Last edited by anacapamalibu; May 5, 2008 at 10:48 pm
Old May 7, 2008, 6:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
High speed train not finished yet.
It's very close to being finished, but will be of no help to the OP. In fact, once the new expressway (that links TJ with PEK airport) is in place, I dare say it will be faster to go from PEK to downtown TJ than to BJ South Station (where the TJ drains depart).
Old May 7, 2008, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I took the bus from the airport to Tianjin a couple of weeks ago. It was far from luxurious, but it was also far from expensive. 70 RMB is right, but my experience is that they ran a little slower than every 30 minutes in the evening. My ride to Tianjin took just over 3 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.